Thanks Tom. I worry most this year about the Left side. IMO JM didnt play as well as he can last year, and I really hope LD can play up to his mauling level.
I was going to bring up Becton as well, surprising considering the OL play in the NFL. I’d consider signing him, but I do like some of young talent and need to see what they are all about. In a prefect world I’d love to see the same 5 line up every weekI also felt that JM's play was down a bit in 2025. But it was hard to put too much blame on him when LD was playing hurt or out for games, CJ, due I presume to injury, was not as good as he'd been in 2025, and LD was out for a significant stretch of the season. You can also throw in a questionable offensive strategy, though it's a chicken or egg dilemma as to which came first -- injuries to the OL or questionable strategy/lack of 2nd half adjustments.
The reports from camp seem to be that JM is playing well, that CJ is improved, that LD is good (and healthy) but not quite the mauler he was, and that LD has looked good. Only time will tell how they do over the course of the season.
In a mostly unrelated comment (i.e.,, not advocating that the Birds should sign him), I continue to be surprised that despite injuries throughout the NFL in training camp (focusing on the OL), Mekhi Becton remains an unsigned FA. I know he was injured a bunch last season, but he showed in 2024 that when healthy, he can be quite effective.
BWI Football
Penn State's Rocco Becht Has a Confidence Problem That's Impossible to Ignore
BWI Football
It's Penn State-USC week: Game time, spread, channel, streaming info, storylines, more
BWI Football
There's no one fix but Penn State's Run Game Problems Trace Back to the Left Side of the Line
BWI Football
Here's how Chip Kelly Broke The Penn State defense. Can other teams replicate it?
BWI Football
In July, Pat Kraft thought Penn State was "poised to have a really exciting year." So far, it's been anything but