'26 NFL Draft Day 2 thread

s1uggo72

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
7,385
5,930
113
He went around where he was going to go--he was a Day 2 guy because of the regression due to (we can debate this)
Pittsburgh isn't a good fit--if Aaron doesn't come back or is injured (both possible if not likely) there will be immediate pressure on him with a veteran team when (and I think you'd agree) he has to sit for probably 2 years
You think more of McCarthy than I do
So you don’t think much of a guy who takes his teams to the playoffs and has won a Superbowl. Gotcha
 

PAgeologist

All-Conference
Oct 19, 2021
1,468
2,978
113
How many here were saying that Allar and Kotelnicky were a square peg, round hole situation? (a lot)
The other OCs werent any better. Franklin/his OCs philosophy didnt work for Allar at all.

Franklin had him terrified to throw an interception. So instead of learning to throw into tight windows, Allar would throw balls away, check down, run, or take a sack.
 

LMTLION

All-Conference
Mar 20, 2008
2,079
4,174
112
The other OCs werent any better. Franklin/his OCs philosophy didnt work for Allar at all.

Franklin had him terrified to throw an interception. So instead of learning to throw into tight windows, Allar would throw balls away, check down, run, or take a sack.
I believe that is a good summation of Allar’s time here. I am not a Pittsburgh fan, but I will be rooting heavily for him there. Onto the recruiting side, it is shocking that Peter Bourque, a near Allar clone, is leaning VT - supposedly Franklin may be offering him a large bag (more than we pay Becht!), but my goodness that kid needs to look at his future NFL aspirations.
 

KingLando

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
7,926
4,289
113
I believe that is a good summation of Allar’s time here. I am not a Pittsburgh fan, but I will be rooting heavily for him there. Onto the recruiting side, it is shocking that Peter Bourque, a near Allar clone, is leaning VT - supposedly Franklin may be offering him a large bag (more than we pay Becht!), but my goodness that kid needs to look at his future NFL aspirations.
Well said...I dont understand why any pocket passer would want to play for James. Now...true dual threat guys or even run first QBs should absolutely be fighting for a chance to play for him. Franklin just won't adapt for this talent. He expects them to adapt to scheme.
 

KingLando

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
7,926
4,289
113
That’s highly doubtful there are many who have had elite QBs n did not win a superbowl but got close
And they both won one and significant underachieved
Tomlin didn't even really win one...that was Cowher's team.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Final Penn State-USC availability reports: Who's out, and who's a game time decision, for the Lions and Trojans?
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State vs. USC: Whiteout Tailgate Show
  3. 03 BWI Football Printable Depth Chart for Penn State's White Out matchup with USC
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State-USC predictions: How are computer data systems and experts picking the Week 6 clash?
  5. 05 BWI Football How to watch Penn State-USC; pregame info, weather, spread, start time, more: Gameday Central