26

MegaPoke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
76,451
91,402
103
There have been 26 members of the Lynyrd Skynyrd band over the years.

That's just unreal. Still, one of history's perfectly rated (neither over nor under) rock bands. Watching the Reel to Reel documentary with Eddie Trunk called "Gone With the Wind."

Also the current lineup is the loudest concert I've ever experienced as a fan or performer, and is no doubt, part of the reason you can't see concerts at the Spirit Bank Event Center in Tulsa (Bixby) anymore.
 

Air_Thurman

Heisman
Jan 16, 2003
32,687
32,879
63
There have been 26 members of the Lynyrd Skynyrd band over the years.

That's just unreal. Still, one of history's perfectly rated (neither over nor under) rock bands. Watching the Reel to Reel documentary with Eddie Trunk called "Gone With the Wind."

Also the current lineup is the loudest concert I've ever experienced as a fan or performer, and is no doubt, part of the reason you can't see concerts at the Spirit Bank Event Center in Tulsa (Bixby) anymore.

I just watched that doc the other today and it was pretty good. I've always been more of a casual fan and I didn't realize that there was some hard feelings about the new version of Lynyrd Skynyrd.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MegaPoke

MegaPoke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
76,451
91,402
103
I just watched that doc the other today and it was pretty good. I've always been more of a casual fan and I didn't realize that there was some hard feelings about the new version of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

I've seen them live and they really do a great job of playing the songs the way they were meant to be played and the brother does a great job of fronting the band. If there is a market for it, it's really a dumb thing to criticize them for.
 

Schoonerman_rivals49058

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
58,982
1,466
0
Saw the documentary a few weeks ago and loved it. I became a big LS fan when I first heard them right after I got out of high school. Had the great fortune of seeing them a couple of times before the plane crash. Haven't seen them live since they reunited. I'm assuming the 26 includes back up singers, but that's quite a revolving door of musicians.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MegaPoke

MegaPoke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
76,451
91,402
103
Saw the documentary a few weeks ago and loved it. I became a big LS fan when I first heard them right after I got out of high school. Had the great fortune of seeing them a couple of times before the plane crash. Haven't seen them live since they reunited. I'm assuming the 26 includes back up singers, but that's quite a revolving door of musicians.

Did not include backup singers!

But to be fair, the band was usually a 3 guitar lineup with a frontman who did not play a guitar, so they had 7 guys in most band photos. Once they added backup singers, they had 10 people on stage at any given time! I love them but man that's a lot of people.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers
  4. 04 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia