Early season. This will all change quickly.How does South Rowan have a RPI rating of #2 with the schedule they have played? Union Academy, Langtree Charter Academy, and Trinity.
Hard agree with thisJust my opinion but RPI shouldn't even come out until after Week 6 or 7
Ok then, no, absolutely notIt's not whether it should come out, it's whether it should be taken seriously until week 6 or 7. I love the week-by-week transparency IMO
Exactly how I feel about college rankings.Just my opinion but RPI shouldn't even come out until after Week 6 or 7
6Just my opinion but RPI shouldn't even come out until after Week 6 or 7
Looking forward to visiting Dark Horse Stadium tomorrow night, never been there.DarkHorses getting back into the picture; bug game against undefeated Wgiteville at DarkHorse Stadium/Robinson-Lewis Field Friday night.
I feel for you if you have to listen to Jonathan shouting out Touchdown Darkhorses as much as I did the last time we went there on that tremendous sound system they have!!Looking forward to visiting Dark Horse Stadium tomorrow night, never been there.
Still early on RPI…I will say we scrimmaged Forbush earlier this year….yikes….9/22/26
Yeah, they won't be there long.Still early on RPI…I will say we scrimmaged Forbush earlier this year….yikes….
If yall win out yall will stay there.Wow!! Ths up top. Those guys have worked their tails off. Go mountaineers!!
disagreeJust my opinion but RPI shouldn't even come out until after Week 6 or 7
Cramer is way down because they didn't play a team with a single win until last week. Opponent win % accounts for 40% of your RPI. This isn't a shot at Cramer but they really need to schedule better opponents those first two games. They are too good at this point to be playing North Gaston and Forestview and I'm sure the Cramer guys on here would agree with that.I saw enough in the RS/Chase game to know that RS is ranked too close to Hibriten because they are a much better team, with a stronger non-conference lineup. Also another thing that jumps out is Stuart Cramer isn't high on the list yet and they are a dark horse imo for 4A who actually have some tough opposition on their schedule. Burns didn't get much help from their hard non-conference either.
This RPI formula skews alot imo, because I notice several teams that should most definitely be listed or ranked differently. But it is what it is, as long as at the end of the year you get into the dance, then you accomplished a goal and control your own destiny.
Yes I agree. To not bang on the Cramer guys who scheduled the non conference opponents before the realignment , Cramer was 1-3 against NOGA and FV the 2 years prior to last year. Prior to the coaching change there probably wasn’t a reason to think that those wouldn’t be competitive games.Cramer is way down because they didn't play a team with a single win until last week. Opponent win % accounts for 40% of your RPI. This isn't a shot at Cramer but they really need to schedule better opponents those first two games. They are too good at this point to be playing North Gaston and Forestview and I'm sure the Cramer guys on here would agree with that.
40% your win percentage
40% opponent win percentage
20% Opponents Opponents win percentage (which I wish they'd do away with and just go 50-50 on the first two, or 60-40)
Why's that?
Cramer is way down because they didn't play a team with a single win until last week. Opponent win % accounts for 40% of your RPI. This isn't a shot at Cramer but they really need to schedule better opponents those first two games. They are too good at this point to be playing North Gaston and Forestview and I'm sure the Cramer guys on here would agree with that.
40% your win percentage
40% opponent win percentage
20% Opponents Opponents win percentage (which I wish they'd do away with and just go 50-50 on the first two, or 60-40)
It will all shake out about where it is supposed to be in another month.I think we need to keep the OOWP. This allows the formula to be more accurate. Those teams that SC played that haven't won a game, we don't actually know if they are bad 0-4 teams or good 0-4 teams. The only way you can figure it out is to see who those teams have played. A 0-4 team that played Shelby, Kings Mountain, Burns, & Crest should get more respect than a team that is 0-4 and played Bessemer City, North Stokes, Highland Tech & Forestview. This is where the OOWP comes in. Obviously teams like Shelby, KM, Burns & Crest are going to have more wins than the likes of Bessemer, NS, HT, FV, thus bumping the OOWP up.
I know everyone is going to argue that you can't control who your opponents play, but for half the schedule you can't even control who you play. It's on each team to have a couple good non-conference games and win and then win your conference and the RPI will take care of itself.
As always, the more games you play, the more accurate the RPI will become.