50%, nearing herd immunity

Inky29

All-American
Jun 2, 2001
10,035
8,395
113
I'll be curious to watch. The population of Denton County is 905k, we currently have had 471K confirmed cases of Covid. That would put us only about 160k cases away from the typical herd immunity percentage of 70% and we are averaging about 6k to 9K new cases a day. So either we are about to start seeing a major drop in cases or there is something wrong with the data we are reporting. Denton county should be safe by 9/1. I'm going to build a wall around Denton County and keep all the Dallas and Tarrant county sickos out.
 
Jun 11, 2001
25,751
30,231
68
I'll be curious to watch. The population of Denton County is 905k, we currently have had 471K confirmed cases of Covid. That would put us only about 160k cases away from the typical herd immunity percentage of 70% and we are averaging about 6k to 9K new cases a day. So either we are about to start seeing a major drop in cases or there is something wrong with the data we are reporting. Denton county should be safe by 9/1. I'm going to build a wall around Denton County and keep all the Dallas and Tarrant county sickos out.
Denton has 7,200 cases.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AlphPistolPete

Inky29

All-American
Jun 2, 2001
10,035
8,395
113
Gotcha, I was looking at the wrong chart. That seemed high. Although I still want to build a wall to keep out Dallas and Tarrant county. I'll take 7k cases in 4 months.
 
  • Like
Reactions: squeak
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Wrestling Sergio Vega now 149, Oklahoma State lineup wars heating up
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Basketball OSU's Ahmed, Burks and Walker see unselfish culture taking shape
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers Pitt commit Jordan Young
  4. 04 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight