A$M 5 star defensive line getting manhandled

Jim from Spicewood

Oct 12, 2021
Poor Aggie. 🤣

Last edited:

NB4PSU

Oct 30, 2021
How may 4-stars man App State's OL?
Sorry to bust your bubble but their entire starting front line were 4 and 5 star players in high school and turned down bama, clemson, GA, osu, even penn state!!! to play for App State (is that an app on my phone?). Gems, prized recruits the whole hillbilly lot of them.

Right.

Nope, best they had was their center who could have played at VT but whose biggest claim to fame (aside from those blazing 3 stars) was being offered by GTown, Penn, and Princeton... iow, the guy calling the ball was pretty damned smart. The rest were 2 stars (one was a total nobody who blossomed and entered the portal and was suddenly on a lot of radar guns.

Take a good look at these guys... their faces scream 'i'm a tough mutha and i'm gonna plant your a$$'...

Then there's the coaching fiasco. They LOST their OL coach AND their OC/QB coach in February. 2019, right? Nope, 2022. THIS 2022. So they hired a guy from CMU to handle the OC/QB part.

Then they got their OL coach in fing March... from Georgia Southern. His resume was primarily small school aside from his stint at UT ()in 2004 as a grad asst). https://gseagles.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/geep-wade/1041

IOW, they had a young team in 2021 (3 returning starters on Offense), then lost their 2 primary coaches on O in the winter, yet somehow are handling the mighty aggies like rag dolls...

but remember, it takes years and years and years to get your OL in sync and humming... so there's no way any of this really happened. Right?

Helluva story and a wake up call for some prized 4/5 star kids. imo, anyway.

OuiRPSU

Oct 6, 2021
Remember that the Mountaineers put up 61 against Carolina last week, so they obviously have a good O.

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
Supposedly, the NIL deals across their front four totaled $5m.

The OL at App and NIL? What’s your best guess? They each got a cheerleader and a coupon to chick fil a?

Jason1743

Oct 20, 2021
Maybe it’s hard to play hungry when you are 18 years old with 6 or 7 figure NIL deals sitting in the bank. Spending your time trying to decide which sports car to buy rather than watching tape of blocking schemes.

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021
Over the years A&M has always been over hyped. And what do they have to show for it? Basically very little. This is just yet another example of Texas A&M being Texas A&M.

Tri-Power65

Sep 3, 2022
Sorry to bust your bubble but their entire starting front line were 4 and 5 star players in high school and turned down bama, clemson, GA, osu, even penn state!!! to play for App State (is that an app on my phone?). Gems, prized recruits the whole hillbilly lot of them.

Right.

Nope, best they had was their center who could have played at VT but whose biggest claim to fame (aside from those blazing 3 stars) was being offered by GTown, Penn, and Princeton... iow, the guy calling the ball was pretty damned smart. The rest were 2 stars (one was a total nobody who blossomed and entered the portal and was suddenly on a lot of radar guns.

Take a good look at these guys... their faces scream 'i'm a tough mutha and i'm gonna plant your a$$'...

Then there's the coaching fiasco. They LOST their OL coach AND their OC/QB coach in February. 2019, right? Nope, 2022. THIS 2022. So they hired a guy from CMU to handle the OC/QB part.

Then they got their OL coach in fing March... from Georgia Southern. His resume was primarily small school aside from his stint at UT ()in 2004 as a grad asst). https://gseagles.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/geep-wade/1041

IOW, they had a young team in 2021 (3 returning starters on Offense), then lost their 2 primary coaches on O in the winter, yet somehow are handling the mighty aggies like rag dolls...

but remember, it takes years and years and years to get your OL in sync and humming... so there's no way any of this really happened. Right?

Helluva story and a wake up call for some prized 4/5 star kids. imo, anyway.
Indeed. We all know it takes 5 FULL YEARS to get an OL to play together as a cohesive unit!

• Haha
Reactions: NB4PSU

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021

I may have these in the wrong order but App State OL from left to right:

5th year senior
5th year senior
Rs freshman
4th year senior
5th year senior

No clue how many starts they have, but they are old by today's college standards.

Reactions: NB4PSU

NB4PSU

Oct 30, 2021
I may have these in the wrong order but App State OL from left to right:

5th year senior
5th year senior
Rs freshman
4th year senior
5th year senior

No clue how many starts they have, but they are old by today's college standards.
I did notice at least 2 and possibly 3 were transfers. All 5 (if their website is accurate) are eligible to come back next year. Their website denotes 3 as redshirt juniors (yes, 5th year)... one as a straight up junior, and the smart kid at center as a RS frosh.

Caveat.. i am using their depth chart to determine starting 5. As we all know, depth charts aren't always perfect. But in addition to all of this, their QB will be gone but his backup (another transfer) looks pretty damned good... so if those 5 guys can and choose to stick around... whoa.

BTW, i fing love their website... especially the roster. It simply screams "Look at US"... hard to argue. I hope this team continues its incredible success. Somebody schedule them to play michigan... and osu... stat!! lol

Last edited:
Reactions: VaDave4PSU