ACC tournament

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
In DC?? Is this new? Looks dead. SEC tournament looks much more lively. Also, Clem getting worked by BC. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Tngamecock

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
They're moving it back to North Carolina permanently next year I believe. They've put it in New York, DC, Tampa, etc. in various years to try and expand the ACC brand I guess. It's not working. They need to stick to their core if they want to survive (and that's Tobacco Road).

Oh, and clem got worked by BC! Can't say that enough.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
They're moving it back to North Carolina permanently next year I believe. They've put it in New York, DC, Tampa, etc. in various years to try and expand the ACC brand I guess. It's not working. They need to stick to their core if they want to survive (and that's Tobacco Road).

Makes zero sense to move the tournament away from your fan base. Screws the fans and the players.

Also...

I can't keep track of how many times Clemson fans have gone back and forth from "Fire Brownell!" to "We love Brownell!" this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
I watched game one of the SEC tournament yesterday. WOW! Place was packed. Very impressive

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023

What a stupid idea. Can’t believe Tobacco Road allowed that thing to go outside of NC.

Did you know Clem got hammered by BC last night??!!

92Pony

Joined Jan 18, 2011
Jan 20, 2022
Watching the end of the Duke- NC St game. I just saw something called I haven’t seen called in decades; a technical foul for hanging on the rim. I thought they’d quit enforcing that rule….. well, they have except for tonight. 😀

Reactions: KingWard

SC95

Joined Mar 31, 2008
Jan 31, 2022

Sounds like NASCAR.

mickray

May 20, 2023
Hanging on the rim is ok for fall protection. Old rules also said one could not dunk a dead ball.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
In DC?? Is this new? Looks dead. SEC tournament looks much more lively. Also, Clem getting worked by BC. 😂
It’s in the rotation of their locations especially when Maryland was in the ACC. It’s better than Brooklyn. They had it there a couple years ago. It’s been in Charlotte, but you are probably more familiar with Greensboro. It’s there most times.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
It’s in the rotation of their locations especially when Maryland was in the ACC. It’s better than Brooklyn. They had it there a couple years ago. It’s been in Charlotte, but you are probably more familiar with Greensboro. It’s there most times.
Thanks. I always equate it to Greensboro.

Reactions: LonghornsGamecocks

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
It's been done before, in Landover, Md. It was dead then, too. I think they also played it in NY one time after the northern expansion. I don't think it was considered boffo. The ACC tournament dies outside of North Carolina.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022

Tried it one time with the football championship game - Florida, if memory serves. It thudded.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Watching the end of the Duke- NC St game. I just saw something called I haven’t seen called in decades; a technical foul for hanging on the rim. I thought they’d quit enforcing that rule….. well, they have except for tonight. 😀

I didn't think he even really hung from it that long. I've seen it called when guys blatantly hang and swing their legs up to showboat or something like that. NC State guy hung for a split second.

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
My understanding was they allow it if someone is kinda underneath you. You can grab the rim for a more controlled landing to avoid hurting yourself or someone else. That would not be showboating.

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
I didn't think he even really hung from it that long. I've seen it called when guys blatantly hang and swing their legs up to showboat or something like that. NC State guy hung for a split second.

I think it was the refs trying to get Duke back in the game at the end. It definitely wasn't showboating - dude just missed a dunk. But you don't want a close game with Duke or UNC in the ACC tourney - you'll be playing 8 on 5 at that point.