after watching the winning shot on video...

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
there was no ball screen as someone posted. Randy just dropped below the ft line and allowed them to make an easy pass to him for the shot. Thats inexcusable there. Poor job by Stewart of not denying him the ball. You dont sag off the guy that has poured in 39 points

Thats a player mistake, not coaching

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
In his defense I'll say that we practically double teamed the guard and he was probably trying to protect on a drive to the basket since we were up only two. Now, I think I'd rather him have given up a two than a 3 to Foster, but it wasn't a terrible mistake. His defense after the pass was as well as he could've done. The only other thing Randy could have done would have been to tackle Foster. I do agree that we didn't lose on coaching, and everyone who says we did should take note that you havent' put the loss on Stans. That fact alone proves that it isn't Rick's fault.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
he learns from that. He played normal defense as opposed to defending a guy having a career night. He did close quickly once the pass was made, but denying in the 1st place would have made it easier to defend.

Time to move on to LSU. They are a dangerous bunch right now and a team nobody wants to play in Atl

SheltonChoked

Feb 27, 2008
I just saw the highlight on Sportscenter, and thought the soft double in the corner was off a ball screen.

Eureka Dog

Feb 25, 2008
<div> As I noted in an ther thread....

Barry was sagging into the passing lane between the ball and the Vandy player on the right wing, who, by the way, was WIDE open.

When we doubled the ball handler in the corner, he whipped it back to Foster. Barry got to him in time to contest the shot, but SF was unconscious last night. If Barry had denied SF the ball, I think the pass goes to the VU guy on the right wing.

I'm not sure, but this may have been a case of the VU coaching staff noticing a tendency of our team in these types of situations. Once we doubled the guy in the corner, he had his pick of who to pass to. His "read", was to notice whether or not Barry sagged off SF or played him tight. The play was well designed and the two options spaced themselves correctly on the wings. One of them was going to take the shot.

All-in-all considering the play VU ran, Barry played his position pretty well.. </div>