Ahmaud Armery verdicts in

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
They weren't even arrested until the one defendant posted the video online. He doesn't post that, they're probably still free. I guess the phones weren't worthy of searching at the time?
I can't remember exactly who but I think it was Chris Rock said Cell phones have been the best thing to happen to black people since the Emancipation Proclamation.
He's not wrong.

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
One of the defendants was very close with either the local PD or DA iirc.
Yes and I think one of them is facing charges for something relating to covering up or ignoring evidence. I will have to check the specifics.

edit: Here is the first link I found:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarasotan

lemonears

Oct 31, 2021
This was the case in Georgia where they followed and shot him.

Travis McMichael - guilty on all 9 counts
Gregory McMichael - guilty on 8 of 9 counts
William Brian - guilty on 6 of 9 counts

Good. That is all.
This is the second trial this week that shines a positive light on the jury system. It seems like we have moved beyond the OJ trial and now have juries that carefully consider the evidence and render a proper verdict.

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
Truly tragic, senseless death. Embarrassing conduct by DA's office and the defense team all the way around. I'm glad the jury took their time in deliberations and did their job unlike anyone else around that courthouse.

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
I must have missed the first one
If you are referring to the Rittenhouse case, I personally thought the verdict was the correct one. The prosecution was a mess in that case. Even a guilty verdict would have likely been successfully appealed. And this is coming from someone who lost an unarmed loved one to gun violence. There are significant differences in the facts presented in the Rittenhouse trial and the Ahmaud Arbery trial. The 12 jurors today got it right as well, IMO.

Ernie Ladd

Oct 31, 2021
If you are referring to the Rittenhouse case, I personally thought the verdict was the correct one. The prosecution was a mess in that case. Even a guilty verdict would have likely been successfully appealed. And this is coming from someone who lost an unarmed loved one to gun violence. There are significant differences in the facts presented in the Rittenhouse trial and the Ahmaud Arbery trial. The 12 jurors today got it right as well, IMO.

100% correct on both trials. It is heartening that the juries did not cave to outside pressures and followed the law. We should all be thankful for that.

91Joe95

Oct 6, 2021
Yes and I think one of them is facing charges for something relating to covering up or ignoring evidence. I will have to check the specifics.

edit: Here is the first link I found:

You can go after prosecutors for not doing their duty? Who knew.

91Joe95

Oct 6, 2021
100% correct on both trials. It is heartening that the juries did not cave to outside pressures and followed the law. We should all be thankful for that.

And still be concerned and appalled at 2 of the 3 DA offices who handled the cases.

Reactions: Fortheglory612

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
This is how the Cesspo-, I mean Test Board started and the old McAndrew board went downhill; first political posts, then the decision to separate them from the original board onto the Test Board, then leaking back to the original board.

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
The Eagles tribe and the Steelers tribe can sling mud and it's tolerated by the masses.
The Flyers tribe and the Penguins tribe can sling mud and it's tolerated by the masses.
The Phillies tribe and the Mets tribe can sling mud and it's tolerated by the masses.
The Pop tribe and the Soda tribe can sling mud and it's tolerated by the masses.
Etc., etc.

But nothing makes a person more irrational than when they feel someone disagrees with their political tribe. Brainwashing is a sad thing.

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
The Eagles tribe and the Steelers tribe can sling mud and it's tolerated by the masses.
The Flyers tribe and the Penguins tribe can sling mud and it's tolerated by the masses.
The Phillies tribe and the Mets tribe can sling mud and it's tolerated by the masses.
The Pop tribe and the Soda tribe can sling mud and it's tolerated by the masses.
Etc., etc.

But nothing makes a person more irrational than when they feel someone disagrees with their political tribe. Brainwashing is a sad thing.
Glad the jurors today stuck to the facts regardless of political ideologies.

Reactions: FK3JM

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
This is how the Cesspo-, I mean Test Board started and the old McAndrew board went downhill; first political posts, then the decision to separate them from the original board onto the Test Board, then leaking back to the original board.
Don't disagree but outside of a few posts its been pretty fair.

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
Does he die if he chills and waits for the police?
Maybe not. But I know if I'm jogging and a couple random vehicles pull up then some guys get out who try to tell me what I have to do, I'm not going to listen to them. I'd have no idea what their intentions were.

It amazes me how people try to place blame on a victim who was doing absolutely nothing wrong. He had no obligation to do anything the convicted guys told him to do. Fortunately the jury saw it that way.

Last edited:

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
Does he die if he chills and waits for the police?
We will never know the answer to that. If these convicted murderers didn’t decide to play judge, jury and executioner and had simply waited for the cops to arrive he might have just gotten a trespassing charge. I wouldn’t chill and wait for police if I had three men chasing me in pick up trucks, two of them armed and one of the armed men threatening me to stop or they would blow my head off. Adrenaline/fight or flight would obviously kick in. I’m a white woman so I cannot imagine how a black man would feel. I also realize that as a white woman I would have never been chased by them to begin with because of my race and gender. It’s truly sickening what these men did to Ahmaud Arbery.

Last edited:

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Maybe not. But I know if I'm jogging and a couple random vehicles pull up then some guys get out who try to tell me what I have to do, I'm not going to listen to them. I'd have no idea what their intentions were.

It amazes me how people try to place blame on a victim who was doing absolutely nothing wrong. He had no obligation to do anything the convicted guys told him to do. Fortunately the jury saw it that way.
Since we know how it turned out, I’m of the opinion he should have sucked it up (pride) and received the citizens arrest. Would I say the same if it was 1am? Probably not.
pride is a killer

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
But I know if I'm jogging

wut?

Last edited:

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021

big picture, he died. he picked wrong. my guess is the hillbillies wouldn't have shot him if he chilled. again, noon in a bustling neighborhood, not 1am in bucktown

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021

big picture, he died. he picked wrong. my guess is the hillbillies wouldn't have shot him if he chilled. again, noon in a bustling neighborhood, not 1am in bucktown
I’m not trying to be rude here or argue with you. Do I think he was just out for a jog? No probably not, but that’s based on other evidence that the judge ruled could not be admitted at trial. We don’t know what he was doing and either do the people responsible for his murder. This is why the one defense attorney made the very controversial comment in closing arguments about him not having socks on and other things I won’t repeat. She wanted the jury to believe he was not just out for a jog but could not bring in other evidence during the trial
Bc it was ruled inadmissible during pre trial motions. The judge’s instruction to the jury on citizen’s arrest is an issue that the appellate lawyers will probably bring up. I don’t think it should or will change the outcome.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
I’m not trying to be rude here or argue with you. Do I think he was just out for a jog? No probably not, but that’s based on other evidence that the judge ruled could not be admitted at trial. We don’t know what he was doing and either do the people responsible for his murder. This is why the one defense attorney made the very controversial comment in closing arguments about him not having socks on and other things I won’t repeat. She wanted the jury to believe he was not just out for a jog but could not bring in other evidence during the trial
Bc it was ruled inadmissible during pre trial motions. The judge’s instruction to the jury on citizen’s arrest is an issue that the appellate lawyers will probably bring up. I don’t think it should or will change the outcome.
The only outcome I care about is a kid is dead. He’s dead cause he picked wrong.

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
Again, armed 3 against one, + a vehicle, in broad daylight, your play is to grab a hillbillies‘ shotgun cause F the man? Super dumb.
He shouldn’t have been chased by three men armed with two guns in broad daylight to begin with. Call 911 and report it. Let the police sort it out. That super dumb choice those three men made is why they will be spending the foreseeable future in prison and sadly why the Arbery family will have an empty seat at the table tomorrow.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
You’re not wrong. Exactly how it started as people that know better still try to do it. Either they don’t know better or they just cannot stop themselves. Take your pick.

Last edited:

NittanyBuff

Oct 30, 2021
This is the second trial this week that shines a positive light on the jury system. It seems like we have moved beyond the OJ trial and now have juries that carefully consider the evidence and render a proper verdict.
Can we go back and get a do over on OJ, pos bastard..

Reactions: Fortheglory612