Ahmaud Armery verdicts in

PSU Mike

Oct 6, 2021
Maybe not. But I know if I'm jogging and a couple random vehicles pull up then some guys get out who try to tell me what I have to do, I'm not going to listen to them. I'd have no idea what their intentions were.

It amazes me how people try to place blame on a victim who was doing absolutely nothing wrong. He had no obligation to do anything the convicted guys told him to do. Fortunately the jury saw it that way.
As a runner and frequent pedestrian outside my own neighborhood, this.

Reactions: BVSt.Paul

PSU Mike

Oct 6, 2021
But I know if I'm jogging

wut?
There have to be thousands of kids across this country each year - many of them that “don’t look like him” - that just had to get a close up of construction sites. Today, there are probably pictures like this of hundreds of them. I’m gonna wager that 99.x% are alive today too.

Limestoner

Oct 30, 2021
There have to be thousands of kids across this country each year - many of them that “don’t look like him” - that just had to get a close up of construction sites. Today, there are probably pictures like this of hundreds of them. I’m gonna wager that 99.x% are alive today too.
I have done exactly what he is doing anytime a new home was being built in my neighborhood. I believe there were even photos shown of other people, white people, doing the exact same thing in the same home Arbery is in in that picture.

Oct 30, 2021
why is it always a bigger issue and racist when a white person kills a black person. Far more white people are killed by blacks every year and somehow that’s not racist. By the way over 97 percent of black people are killed by blacks. It’s not a white on black problem we have. It’s a blame it on white people problem.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Not without changing the Constitution. Double jeopardy is prohibited.

Speaking of OJ and really, really not sure I want to do this - but, he was found guilty in a civil suit where the threshold of guilt is simply preponderance of evidence. Could the families of the people killed by Rittenhouse do the same? Or does his claim of 'self-defense' preclude a similar lawsuit?

Madsol

Oct 6, 2021
Speaking of OJ and really, really not sure I want to do this - but, he was found guilty in a civil suit where the threshold of guilt is simply preponderance of evidence. Could the families of the people killed by Rittenhouse do the same? Or does his claim of 'self-defense' preclude a similar lawsuit?

The families could certainly bring a civil suit. Self-defense would be an affirmative defense that undoubtedly Rittenhouse would raise.

fastlax16

Aug 24, 2017
I have done exactly what he is doing anytime a new home was being built in my neighborhood. I believe there were even photos shown of other people, white people, doing the exact same thing in the same home Arbery is in in that picture.

Ditto. and yes the camera that picked up Arbery picked up others going onto the site. No one else was chased down with a shot gun. If those 3 rolled up on me while I was running, no ******* way I'm letting them "arrest" me.

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
Great chart. Numbers don’t lie.
I think the issue that many people have is the way black males are treated by our criminal Justice system compared to white men. The media also has a lot to do with what cases get picked up and focused on. It’s also interesting because if you look at missing persons cases, white victims, especially white females, get a lot more media coverage and attention than minorities. these are just my observations.

In terms of a situation like this, if a group of three black men had shot and killed a white man in the same way it transpired in this case, they would have been arrested right away, without video evidence unlike the defendant’s in this case who were given the benefit of the doubt until the video evidence, new investigators and a new prosecutor thankfully took over. JMO.

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
In Wisconsin he isn’t protected from civil suits even though his affirmative defense worked in the criminal trial. Every state has slightly different rules about this. The families can sue if they want to but Kyle can then counter sue them. Maybe a lawyer can chime in here or something

Reactions: Midnighter
Oct 30, 2021
I think the issue that many people have is the way black males are treated by our criminal Justice system compared to white men. The media also has a lot to do with what cases get picked up and focused on. It’s also interesting because if you look at missing persons cases, white victims, especially white females, get a lot more media coverage and attention than minorities. these are just my observations.

In terms of a situation like this, if a group of three black men had shot and killed a white man in the same way it transpired in this case, they would have been arrested right away, without video evidence unlike the defendant’s in this case who were given the benefit of the doubt until the video evidence, new investigators and a new prosecutor thankfully took over. JMO.
It would also not be on the news like this case. The media has been pushing a narrative of abuse that is simply just not proven when the facts come out. Facts are facts. Most crime against any race is done by their own. In the case of black people the percentage is even higher for same race violence. You need to look in your own race to fix issues, not blame everyone else.

Reactions: Fortheglory612

fastlax16

Aug 24, 2017
It would also not be on the news like this case. The media has been pushing a narrative of abuse that is simply just not proven when the facts come out. Facts are facts. Most crime against any race is done by their own. In the case of black people the percentage is even higher for same race violence. You need to look in your own race to fix issues, not blame everyone else.

Misleading statistic. the percentages are higher because most people spend a higher percentage of time around people of their own race.

69% of car accidents happen within 10 miles of a persons home. Doesn’t mean that the roads around “your” home are more dangerous. It’s that you’re on them more often so it’s more likely you will have an accident on them. The odds you’ll get into an accident on a road you drive once a year are much lower than one you drive daily.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2021
Misleading statistic. the percentages are higher because most people spend a higher percentage of time around people of their own race.

69% of car accidents happen within 10 miles of a persons home. Doesn’t mean that the roads around “your” home are more dangerous. It’s that you’re on them more often so it’s more likely you will have an accident on them. The odds you’ll get into an accident on a road you drive once a year are much lower than one you drive daily.
Has nothing to do with total numbers killed against another race. That is the point. More black people kill white then the other way. it also doesn’t represent the criminals offenders killed which I would put everything I own on to say the blacks killed are far more likely to be aggressors then whites.

PSUHarry

Oct 7, 2021
He shouldn’t have been chased by three men armed with two guns in broad daylight to begin with. Call 911 and report it. Let the police sort it out. That super dumb choice those three men made is why they will be spending the foreseeable future in prison and sadly why the Arbery family will have an empty seat at the table tomorrow.
I get what you're saying about "picked wrong" and perhaps it being life-saving. However, if he's been near a TV in the last few years and seen what has happened to his brethren, he thought he was making the best choice.

PSUHarry

Oct 7, 2021
He shouldn’t have been chased by three men armed with two guns in broad daylight to begin with. Call 911 and report it. Let the police sort it out. That super dumb choice those three men made is why they will be spending the foreseeable future in prison and sadly why the Arbery family will have an empty seat at the table tomorrow.
Yeah I'm sure the kid trusted cops.

PSUHarry

Oct 7, 2021
Ditto. and yes the camera that picked up Arbery picked up others going onto the site. No one else was chased down with a shot gun. If those 3 rolled up on me while I was running, no ******* way I'm letting them "arrest" me.
Exactly, do you think he knew what "citizens arrest" meant?

Oct 30, 2021
Yeah I'm sure the kid trusted cops.
If he wasn’t a criminal he would have more faith in the system. Those men got what they deserve, but let’s not portray AA into an angel. You live a life like his you know it will not end well eventually.

Last edited:

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
As I predicted, this thread turned racial and political. Please confine such to the cesspoo-I mean test board.

Reactions: bbrown

PSUHarry

Oct 7, 2021
If he wasn’t a criminal he would have more faith in the system. Those men got what they deserve, but let’s not portray AA into an angle. You live a life like his you know it will not end well eventually.
Oh of course, he should have more faith in the system. Excellent.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
And you’d be dead. None of the other S matters when it’s guns drawn . He’s dead. He picked wrong. How can he fight for right when you’re dead? My argument isn’t if he was targeted, looks like he was, I’m questioning his decision to battle. Which I’m arguing was super dumb. And I’m right, cause ya know, he’s dead

Reactions: TheGlovStillRules
Oct 30, 2021
I don’t watch CNN or msnbc, but I did watch the defense presentation because I was home from work those days after a minor surgery. Every case is different but I disagree that race played no part in this specific case.
You are right race played a big part in this case. My issue is we make it racially motivated when it’s white on black crime. While at the same time black on white crime isn’t as big a deal.

I challenge any one of you to walk in an all black neighborhood at night in Philly. I visit my mothers in her all white neighborhood and their at black men walking through all night without incident. I grew up in Philly went to S. Philly High and I’ll have no issue stating I would not be able to walk in a black neighborhood at night. It’s ridiculous how whites are portrayed as more dangerous. But yet we cherry pick incidents of racism and say blacks are subjected more to racism. This country is going down the drain because people listen to what the news is telling them.

Do you know inner city schools pay more per students then the suburbs. But yet we use funding as a crutch for failing schools. No amount of funding will make up for poor family support or priorities that go against education. Our political system is set up to keep the poor down both black and white and the media is in bed with political objectives of the left. there are a lot of lemmings on social media that can’t make up their own mind. This site seems to have a lot as well.

Fortheglory612

Nov 2, 2021
Very good points sir.
You mean “mam?” 😂 I don’t think I made any points. At this point I’m basically rambling and not being helpful. I am sorry if I over stepped. I do agree with a lot of what you have posted on this thread in general but I do think race played a factor in this specific case. Now I’m going to have a glass of wine and decorate the Christmas tree!

TheGlovStillRules

Oct 14, 2021
You mean “mam?” 😂 I don’t think I made any points. At this point I’m basically rambling and not being helpful. I am sorry if I over stepped. I do agree with a lot of what you have posted on this thread in general but I do think race played a factor in this specific case. Now I’m going to have a glass of wine and decorate the Christmas tree!

I luv you 'mam'! Can you pour me a glass as well please?

Latest posts