AKB…. Advice on selling animal mounts

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021
Sold my camp a few years ago. Took all my deer mounts, coyote mounts, and euro mounts with me. They are taking up space in my basement. I would like to know if there is a market for selling them? Don’t want a ton of coin… pretty much just want to get rid of them. Lots of great memories but I am at the point where I would be happy knowing they are on someone’s wall… thanks boys

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
I despise FB, but FB Marketplace is a great way to buy/sell stuff like this locally.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Sold my camp a few years ago. Took all my deer mounts, coyote mounts, and euro mounts with me. They are taking up space in my basement. I would like to know if there is a market for selling them? Don’t want a ton of coin… pretty much just want to get rid of them. Lots of great memories but I am at the point where I would be happy knowing they are on someone’s wall… thanks boys

Bring them to the lots. Folks smoking their meat are likely to mount animals.

o_O

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
Bkmt,
Do you have the entire coyote mounted or just the head?
Have some friends along Swamp Road in Lehman Twp that might be interested. They have two full mount coyotes they downed & mounted, absolutely vicious in appearance. I doubt if their interested in paying any large amount.

Ghost of OM

Oct 30, 2021
Where are you located BKM? My next door neighbor here in southern NC just bought a cabin in western NC and is actually looking for some mounts (no euro though - she says they creep her out). I make frequent trips to PA and would, within reason, be willing to pick something up and bring it back for her.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
What are the nationalities of the “EUROS”? Got any Norwegians? 😳

• Haha
Reactions: Bkmtnittany1

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021
Oh, those kind of mounts. I thought this was going to be about another type of mount.

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021
Step…. Full mount… coyote is standing on a rock. $150…Dave Sorber Taxidermy did the work, Rte 118

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021
Where are you located BKM? My next door neighbor here in southern NC just bought a cabin in western NC and is actually looking for some mounts (no euro though - she says they creep her out). I make frequent trips to PA and would, within reason, be willing to pick something up and bring it back for her.
NEPA…. 13 miles from Wilkes-Barre

Reactions: Ghost of OM

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
I tried to sell a shoulder mount on eBay years ago and the shipping crates and costs were the hold up, and local pickup only got no action. As mentioned above, FB marketplace is probably your best bet.

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
I'd give them away,but only to those who would be displaying them so you know where they are, and just be satisfied they are being used in some meaningful way. If they can't tell you where they'll be displayed they are just trying to make a buck. It may be fun to visit their new home in the future.

Reactions: Bkmtnittany1