Alabama don't know what to do.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They're usually be in the team playing hood ball while Grand Canyon is playing a home game in Washington?

ETA - almost 40 free throws for Grand Canyon wow.

Last edited:

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
No idea what you're trying to say.... but Bama to the sweet 16.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Basketball just isn't a SEC sport. Just need to stick to baseball and football.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Yeah I need a translation
The style of play was very much streetball and physical, which is usually more Alabama style but Bama was getting pushed around at times tonight.

I know very well where Grand Canyon is, but they sure had a loud crowd. It almost sounded like a Home crowd.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
The style of play was very much streetball and physical, which is usually more Alabama style but Bama was getting pushed around at times tonight.

I know very well where Grand Canyon is, but they sure had a loud crowd. It almost sounded like a Home crowd.
Direct flight Phoenix and Vegas to Spokane helps, plus Grand Canyon has a huge online presence

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
The things said on this board that are about 20 percent truth at best.. that are spoken like the gospel is comical

Reactions: FlotownDawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The things said on this board that are about 20 percent truth at best.. that are spoken like the gospel is comical
Welcome to message boards

first time GIF

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I am curious to know what 'streetball' is, in your eyes.

Alabama is 3rd in the country in offensive efficiency- https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/stat/offensive-efficiency
Alabama is 1st in the country in points scored per game- https://www.foxsports.com/articles/...ngs-team-offense-ratings-and-efficiency-stats
Alabama is 4th in the country in adjusted offensive efficiency- https://kenpom.com/index.php?s=RankAdjOE

When I think streetball, I cant say I think of efficient offense. I think of things like putting your head down and trying to go 1on1 regardless of who is defending you, launching shots at odd times within a possession, trying to constantly fast break the opponent to death even if passes are wild and lead to turnovers, etc.

I wish MSU's offense was as 'streetball' as Bama's!

Reactions: HuntDawg

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Usually when a team has 2 players murder a little girl, the program suffers as a result, but here we are a year later and they are flourishing like never before. Sickening.
girls gotta know - at bama it’s all about the W. bama fans need that self esteem boost at any cost

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I am curious to know what 'streetball' is, in your eyes.

Alabama is 3rd in the country in offensive efficiency- https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/stat/offensive-efficiency
Alabama is 1st in the country in points scored per game- https://www.foxsports.com/articles/...ngs-team-offense-ratings-and-efficiency-stats
Alabama is 4th in the country in adjusted offensive efficiency- https://kenpom.com/index.php?s=RankAdjOE

When I think streetball, I cant say I think of efficient offense. I think of things like putting your head down and trying to go 1on1 regardless of who is defending you, launching shots at odd times within a possession, trying to constantly fast break the opponent to death even if passes are wild and lead to turnovers, etc.

I wish MSU's offense was as 'streetball' as Bama's!
Agreed, Alabama is as far from “street ball” as you can get. They regularly score in the 90s.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Alabama isn’t street ball and two of their players didn’t murder anyone.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
and two of their players didn’t murder anyone.
What are you talking about? The grand jury met in Tuscaloosa County Alabama and indicted 2 Alabama basketball players for capital murder. That means the grand jury thought there was enough evidence for a conviction for capital murder on both players.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
What are you talking about? The grand jury met in Tuscaloosa County Alabama and indicted 2 Alabama basketball players for capital murder. That means the grand jury thought there was enough evidence for a conviction for capital murder on both players.

1) there weren’t 2 basketball players. One was never involved with the basketball team, the other had been thrown off the team earlier in the year. No players on the team were charged with anything. This year nor last year when it happened… see below

2) this happened last year. Old news.

3) if you are going to bring up the topic of murder on message board, have the facts right. I’m by no means a moderator, but just lightly throwing that stuff around is bad, even for a message board

i had actual met some friends for dinner and was in that area earlier in the evening, so I followed the case somewhat closely, due to sheer missing a possible catastrophe by a few hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
mstateglfr

I see that you define style of play as something different than I do. I grew up watching College basketball in the late 70's and 80's... a different style of game.

I saw Street Ballers as players that play very physical. That's all. Bama did not look like they expected what Grand Canyon played like. To me, G.C. took it right at them physically.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
The facts are the testimony given when the case went before the grand jury. Tuscaloosa Police investigator testified that Miles texted Tide freshman basketball player Brandon Miller, asking him to bring the gun. Culpepper said Miles then told Davis where the gun was in Miller's car. Another freshman player, Jaden Bradley, was also at the scene.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
The facts are the testimony given when the case went before the grand jury. Tuscaloosa Police investigator testified that Miles texted Tide freshman basketball player Brandon Miller, asking him to bring the gun. Culpepper said Miles then told Davis where the gun was in Miller's car. Another freshman player, Jaden Bradley, was also at the scene.
Dude are you really trying to do this?

this happened on the main strip in Tuscaloosa. There were hundreds of college students there. It would be the equal of a shooting in the cotton district in Starkville. There were a lot of people in thar area. How do I know? Because I was there literally hours earlier

miller and Bradley both cooperated with the police investigation and neither were charged with anything, both finished the season and moved on. One to the nba and one to Arizona I believe.

the main suspect, the shooter, had zero connections to the basketball program. And miles who was already removed from the program, is being charged because it was his gun.

the trial has yet to begin. But no Alabama basketball player is being charged with murder. You got your facts way wrong. College athletes catch enough hell now days, let alone throwing around fake murder charges

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Ron Polk played baseball for Grand Canyon College. He was their second baseman if I remember correctly.
I can see Polk down in a stance ready to field a grounder, with a big ole stogie hanging out the side of his mouth and a cloud of smoke all around the 4 hole

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
1) there weren’t 2 basketball players. One was never involved with the basketball team, the other had been thrown off the team earlier in the year. No players on the team were charged with anything. This year nor last year when it happened… see below
Are we discussing the same event?

1711459312627.png

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Are we discussing the same event?

View attachment 546695

yep. Same one. Lots of false info got thrown around at the start. This is somewhat accurate. Miles was still on scholarship at U of A, but had been removed from the team. This was an athletic dept decision to honor the scholarship. After the event obviously he was removed from all things.

but the whole, 2 Alabama basketball players were charged for capital murder and killed a ‘little girl’ that was posted earlier is disgusting.

this happened a year ago. No current or former players (Minus miles, who was removed earlier in the season) were involved, charged, etc. also worth noting, there has been no trial. But the evidence is damning to Davis, miles didn’t pull the trigger but provided the gun