All it took was one bad season, and the sports media

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
It's not like we set the world on fire with the air raid man. I will never understand the air raid cult.
There has yet to be anyone to provide facts that the air raid worked. All they say is ‘well we won 9 games one year!!!’ Go back and watch the games from 2020-2022 and look at the stats. We were a s h i t t y offense.

additionally, the players hated playing in it. Skill players were ready to leave in droves. The only player it benefited is sun-belt Will Rogers.

Reactions: L4Dawg

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
There has yet to be anyone to provide facts that the air raid worked. All they say is ‘well we won 9 games one year!!!’ Go back and watch the games from 2020-2022 and look at the stats. We were a s h i t t y offense.

additionally, the players hated playing in it. Skill players were ready to leave in droves. The only player it benefited is sun-belt Will Rogers.
Yea the offense looked great last year. When’s the next time this program wins nine games ? 2034 ? Nicely done

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The only player it benefited is sun-belt Will Rogers.
You mean the SEC's second leading passer? This and this alone proves the elite coaching of Leach.

LOL at playing leaving in droves. That's why we were signing better QBs and WRs than we had in our history, I guess. Good call pal.

Guys, this is the clown that also wants to shut down the baseball program. Just a reminder.

Reactions: 85Bears

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Yea the offense looked great last year. When’s the next time this program wins nine games ? 2034 ? Nicely done
I’ve yet to find anyone, nor will I, who wants us to bring back the 2023 Mississippi State offense. But keep grasping at straws and dodging the question.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I’ve yet to find anyone, nor will I, who wants us to bring back the 2023 Mississippi State offense. But keep grasping at straws and dodging the question.
Uh, I think if you polled this board right now , a good 80-90% would say State should have kept Leach’s staff and the offense last year. Only a complete dunderhead would defend the wholesale firing of Leachs staff and installation of the Peterson/Friend HS offense that gained 7 yards in the first half against a horrible LSU defense.

LOL

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Guys, this is the clown that also wants to shut down the baseball program. Just a reminder.
I need to go a little further @retire the banner

1) You want to divest from all non-revenue sports and just fund football and basketball;
2) You also want to get away from the logo that was present during some of the most successful times during those sports;
3) You want to replace that logo with a baseball logo, present during our national championship, which you care nothing about.

Got it. Just wanted everyone else to see.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Uh, I think if you polled this board right now , a good 80-90% would say State should have kept Leach’s staff and the offense last year. Only a complete dunderhead would defend the wholesale firing of Leachs staff and installation of the Peterson/Friend HS offense that gained 7 yards in the first half against a horrible LSU defense.

LOL
Again, you’re diverting from the original statement. 1) The air raid was a s s cheeks. 2) the Arnett era was terrible as well 3) we can and will do better this year. This will be the best offense since Mullen left. We should be happy 2018-2023 MSU football is in the rear view mirror

• Haha

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I need to go a little further @retire the banner

1) You want to divest from all non-revenue sports and just fund football and basketball;
2) You also want to get away from the logo that was present during some of the most successful times during those sports;
3) You want to replace that logo with a baseball logo, present during our national championship, which you care nothing about.

Got it. Just wanted everyone else to see.
Correct on all 3. Baseball is a waste of resources and money. I don’t want to disban the program. I just don’t think it’s wise to invest in it if we care about Mississippi State University and the city of Starkville. Football football football football football is all that matters. Time to wake up

Reactions: Bulldawg77

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Again, you’re diverting from the original statement. 1) The air raid was a s s cheeks. 2) the Arnett era was terrible as well 3) we can and will do better this year. This will be the best offense since Mullen left. We should be happy 2018-2023 MSU football is in the rear view mirror

You are one of the clowns who wanted Leach fired during the 9-4 season. Hilarious. So the offense will be the best since 2018 this year ? Is that based on your expertise ? The same expertise that promised a great improvement going from Leach to Arnett ?

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
You are one of the clowns who wanted Leach fired during the 9-4 season. Hilarious. So the offense will be the best since 2018 this year ? Is that based on your expertise ? The same expertise that promised a great improvement going from Leach to Arnett ?
Absolutely, just sit back and enjoy the ride. It’ll be more fun than Mike Ditka’s Bears

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Absolutely, just sit back and enjoy the ride. It’ll be more fun than Mike Ditka’s Bears
You and people like you should kept as far away from the football program as possible. We saw what your ilk could do last year and it was a disaster. You’ve been wrong every step of the way.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You and people like you should kept as far away from the football program as possible. We saw what your ilk could do last year and it was a disaster. You’ve been wrong every step of the way.
They outnumber us. Cohen realized this. It's why nobody wanted to be here (Mullen, etc.).

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I’ll be there. Every tailgate and every game, my man. You can’t stop me!
#sweaty4lebby

Sep 29, 2022
'Offensive mind', that's such a talking heads term. Do any of you here honestly think Lane Kiffin or any of these coaches are actually smarter than you? It's other skills that make a great coach.
If we're talking about a spelling bee or solving quadratic equations, I like my changes. If we're talking about installing a scheme that best uses our personnel and calling plays that exploit the opponent's weaknesses and making in-game decisions to take advantage of matchups, I would not put my money on myself.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
You mean the SEC's second leading passer? This and this alone proves the elite coaching of Leach.

LOL at playing leaving in droves. That's why we were signing better QBs and WRs than we had in our history, I guess. Good call pal.

Leach had a system that made most QB's put up big numbers. That's not that hard when pretty much all you do is through the ball.

Reactions: retire the banner

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Correct on all 3. Baseball is a waste of resources and money. I don’t want to disban the program. I just don’t think it’s wise to invest in it if we care about Mississippi State University and the city of Starkville. Football football football football football is all that matters. Time to wake up
Football pretty much pays the bills for ALL of the rest, including baseball. How do you think we were able to build the temple to non-revenue sports?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I seriously doubt that. I expect it to be not much, if any, better than last year. It's going to take time. We have very little coming back from a bad team. That is good in a way, but it does not lead to fast turnarounds.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008

LOL
The choices shouldn't be Barbay vs. Spurrier/Hollingshead. There was a third option, and that was for Keenum to get off his *** and name an AD in November 2022, bite the bullet in December and do a national search instead of handing the job to Arnett. It would've sucked with all the transfers out but how much worse could 2023 have been? And we would be in a better situation today. Who knows? We might've hired Lebby last year.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
The choices shouldn't be Barbay vs. Spurrier/Hollingshead. There was a third option, and that was for Keenum to get off his *** and name an AD in November 2022, bite the bullet in December and do a national search instead of handing the job to Arnett. It would've sucked with all the transfers out but how much worse could 2023 have been? And we would be in a better situation today. Who knows? We might've hired Lebby last year.
THIS times 1,000. Keenum failed us miserably with an unbelievably lazy hire in Dec. 2022.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I seriously doubt that. I expect it to be not much, if any, better than last year. It's going to take time. We have very little coming back from a bad team. That is good in a way, but it does not lead to fast turnarounds.
This will be the best offense since Mullen left. It won’t set the world on fire, but it’ll surpass the Moorhead-Leach era debacle, which isn’t hard to do.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
THIS times 1,000. Keenum failed us miserably with an unbelievably lazy hire in Dec. 2022.
No, no, no. The choices WERE those two last year. It was the right thing to do at the time, for the players, coaches, Leach, everybody. We had been successful, may as well let it ride for another year with a veteran team. It may not have mattered for 2024, but it mattered for 2023. We don’t get those chances very often, similar to 2018.

And we could have fired them if they failed. But Arnett guaranteed that failure when he backtracked on the idea that got him hired in the first place. He, like our mouth-breathing fans, thought it was his defense only that won us 8 games in 2022. See how that worked out.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
At the time I agreed with what we did. That being said, I was wrong. We should have done exactly what you said.

Reactions: patdog

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
No, no, no. The choices WERE those two last year. It was the right thing to do at the time, for the players, coaches, Leach, everybody. We had been successful, may as well let it ride for another year with a veteran team. It may not have mattered for 2024, but it mattered for 2023. We don’t get those chances very often, similar to 2018.

And we could have fired them if they failed. But Arnett guaranteed that failure when he backtracked on the idea that got him hired in the first place. He, like our mouth-breathing fans, thought it was his defense only that won us 8 games in 2022. See how that worked out.
The Leach style Air Raid has a cult following of football fans which, surprisingly to me, you seem to be a part of. Where the rubber meets the road though, as in the the guys that are getting paid to coach P5 (or what ever it is now), nobody runs the pure Air Raid like Leach did, not even the Air Raid guys. Leach did make a huge contribution to football. Virtually every modern scheme out there runs at least some Air Raid concepts. The pure Air Raid however, is as extinct as the pure option/Wishbone. Good defenses can almost always control it. Sure a few outliers still run the option, just like a few still run the pure Air Raid, but no team with serious aspirations runs either. One dimensional offense, either way, is hopeless against good defenses.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
talks about State like they're Vandy:

I had hoped we were past that - going to 13 straight bowls under three different coaches - but alas.
I mean… they are always picked last in the east, and we are always picked last in the west (despite almost never finishing there). It’s not anything new.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The Leach style Air Raid has a cult following of football fans which, surprisingly to me, you seem to be a part of. Where the rubber meets the road though, as in the the guys that are getting paid to coach P5 (or what ever it is now), nobody runs the pure Air Raid like Leach did, not even the Air Raid guys. Leach did make a huge contribution to football. Virtually every modern scheme out there runs at least some Air Raid concepts. The pure Air Raid however, is as extinct as the pure option/Wishbone. Good defenses can almost always control it. Sure a few outliers still run the option, just like a few still run the pure Air Raid, but no team with serious aspirations runs either. One dimensional offense, either way, is hopeless against good defenses.
Wrong. I was skeptical of bringing Leach here. I thought you needed to run too, with a running QB. He changed my mind due to his ability to recruit, and his disciplinary style of running a program, which is of the utmost necessity at MSU.

Chalking stuff up to the ‘Air Raid Cult’ is disingenuous at best.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

LOL
I don't think we'll ever know, but I'll be damned if we don't keep trying to rehash the fight for some reason over and over and over and over and over and over again.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Wrong. I was skeptical of bringing Leach here. I thought you needed to run too, with a running QB. He changed my mind due to his ability to recruit, and his disciplinary style of running a program, which is of the utmost necessity at MSU.

Chalking stuff up to the ‘Air Raid Cult’ is disingenuous at best.
You joined the cult. Leach did nothing special at MSU. His immediate predecessor matched his best season, and HIS predecessor topped it. As for Leach's ability to recruit.....laughing out loud. He left the cupboard almost bare, unless you run the pure Mike Leach scheme. As for discipline, we ran Stansbury off for less than what happened on camera under Leach. Laughing out loud again. Do you even read what you post?

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
You joined the cult. Leach did nothing special at MSU. His immediate predecessor matched his best season, and HIS predecessor topped it. As for Leach's ability to recruit.....laughing out loud. He left the cupboard almost bare, unless you run the pure Mike Leach scheme. As for discipline, we ran Stansbury off for less than what happened on camera under Leach. Laughing out loud again. Do you even read what you post?
Coming from the same guy who cried like a beech and whined all over the board when Leach beat Ole Miss. Did Leach bang your wife or something ? Your personal hatred for him is a little weird.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You’re just an idiot. Good luck with that.

We won’t move forward until your simple minded ilk is the minority in our fanbase.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Coming from the same guy who cried like a beech and whined all over the board when Leach beat Ole Miss. Did Leach bang your wife or something ? Your personal hatred for him is a little weird.
Wrong. I was ok with him coming back after that. For one year at least, and said so here. Had he not won that game, I wanted him gone. 0-3 against Ole Miss gets you fired always at MSU. You are as bad as the goat for putting words in peoples mouth so you can argue with them. Fact remains that that was only Leach's second win in over 10 years against his school's main rival. I neither liked nor disliked Leach personally. As I have repeatedly stated, I thought watching his offense, and I first saw it in person when he was at Kentucky, was worse than watching paint dry. It was boring at best. At worst it was like fingernails on a chalk board, to me.

• Haha

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Wrong. I was ok with him coming back after that. For one year at least, and said so here. Had he not won that game, I wanted him gone. 0-3 against Ole Miss gets you fired always at MSU. You are as bad as the goat for putting words in peoples mouth so you can argue with them. Fact remains that that was only Leach's second win in over 10 years against his school's main rival. I neither liked nor disliked Leach personally. As I have repeatedly stated, I thought watching his offense, and I first saw it in person when he was at Kentucky, was worse than watching paint dry. It was boring at best. At worst it was like fingernails on a chalk board, to me.
Stop lying, you made a ton of posts whining about Leach winning that game, I remember it well and I’m sure they are still in the archive unless you’ve deleted them

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I don't consider myself a cult member but I do have to admit the air raid worked way better than I thought it would in the SEC.
It worked real well when Harrell,and Crabtree beat #1 Texas going 11-2, it worked real well with Minshew going 11-2. Odd. I wonder what would happen if Leach got his own players like Parson and Locke and we had 9 seasons to see it develop.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It worked real well when Harrell,and Crabtree beat #1 Texas going 11-2, it worked real well with Minshew going 11-2. Odd. I wonder what would happen if Leach got his own players like Parson and Locke and we had 9 seasons to see it develop.
That’s what makes me think we really are cursed. We were set up to have Leach ball for a decade, as he was too old to leave. And he died. And our fans never appreciated any of it.