All you a**holes pulling for LSU in the SECT, you can stop.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
That win over Kentucky gave them 33 RPI points and gave us 1.6.
If we beat A&M tonight, that will give us 39 RPI points and take 3.7 away from LSU.
A loss to A&M removes 9 RPI points from us and gives LSU .9 so let's hope A&M isn't the only top 4 seed that decided to show up today.

I think most people here have assumed we need to win two in the SECT to get a chance at hosting. Beating A&M will put us ahead of LSU.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That win over Kentucky gave them 33 RPI points and gave us 1.6.
If we beat A&M tonight, that will give us 39 RPI points and take 3.7 away from LSU.
A loss to A&M removes 9 RPI points from us and gives LSU .9 so let's hope A&M isn't the only top 4 seed that decided to show up today.

I think most people here have assumed we need to win two in the SECT to get a chance at hosting. Beating A&M will put us ahead of LSU.

I really don't think I want the answer to this for my sanity, but where are you getting this kind of data??

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I really don't think I want the answer to this for my sanity, but where are you getting this kind of data??

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
It just goes to show that RPI is just a tool for the selection committee. There are 3 SEC schools with less conference wins ahead of us.

Reactions: patdog

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Hell, I'm all over that site and never found that.

Thanks (I think)

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

patdog

May 28, 2007
It just goes to show that RPI is just a tool for the selection committee. There are 3 SEC schools with less conference wins ahead of us.
RPI is a garbage metric. They do use it. But they also generally use some common sense. And common sense puts us ahead of LSU & USC. I don’t think either host above us.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I think it makes dollars and cents for both &tate and LSU to host

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yea, because none of them have 5 losses to Q4 teams. Drop off 2 or 3 of those losses and we are a Top 10 RPI team.
I don’t think the committee is going to punish us as much for those losses as RPI does. Only 4 teams have more Q1 wins than we do. I think they’ll weight that more heavily than the Q4 losses.

Reactions: onewoof

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
I don’t think the committee is going to punish us as much for those losses as RPI does. Only 4 teams have more Q1 wins than we do. I think they’ll weight that more heavily than the Q4 losses.
We all certainly hope that is the case but RPI is just a formula that rewards you for good wins but also punishes you for bad losses. Pretty simple to see why we aren't higher in RPI than we are.

Reactions: patdog

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Hell, I'm all over that site and never found that.

Thanks (I think)
Oh yeah, it sent me down a rabbit hole once I discovered that. It's got me comparing our games and everybody we're in contention with. It's like nerdy brain overload.

Reactions: She Mate Me