Also, Greg Byrne is kicking *** already.......

G

Goat Holder

It blew my mind that an athletic director can be personable and care about our fans and ticket-buyers. Very impressed. He was walking around BSing with people during both baseball games. I know I will join the BC because of this.

ExtremeDog

Apr 8, 2003
Our fanbase deserves someone who will at least communicate with them and say hello.

I have said for years that Bulldog Club membership would take off once LT is out of power.</p>

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
If you get out your checkbook right now and write a check, you can put that in past tense -- which has a little more certainty to it.

3 and 9 record

I saw Greg in the area around the will-call window prior to the MSU-Auburn basketball game. He was shaking hands, talking basketball, pumping MSU, etc. He was simply hanging out with MSU fans. I have never, AND I MEAN NEVER, seen LT prior to a game or event mingling with the masses. Heck, at the MSU summer extravaganza in Jackson, Foglesong, the football coaches, etc. will be shaking hands and BS'ing with the public. Not LT.

Eureka Dog

Feb 25, 2008
the public is not his "thing". Obviously, he's very uncomfortable in such a situation.

In the acting world, they'd say he's miscast in the role of Athletic Dir.

I appreciate his dedication, loyalty, and hard work for MSU. It's just that the role of Athletic Director has changed since he was hired, and he's had a (very) difficult time accepting and adapting to the public facets of the position.

Bigohh

Feb 23, 2008
You said "kissing ***". Considering your other comments in your post, I can only assume you didn't mean that in a negative way.

I've gotten to know Greg a bit over the last couple of years, and what you saw is just Greg. As reclusive at LT is, Greg's just that outgoing. It's not some show he's putting on now that will change once he's AD. Watch at ballgames. He'll be in the outer concourse before the game, at halftime and after the game. He wants to be available to anyone to come up and say what they want to say. He's asked me (and thousands of others I'm sure) about scheduling specific teams for football, game day activities, etc.

I'm just afraid it's going to take us awhile to get used to someone actually caring what we think!

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Bigohh said:
He's asked me (and thousands of others I'm sure) about scheduling specific teams for football, game day activities, etc.

</p>Good. Now we can ask him to schedule 6 games a season, buy ourselves out of OOC games versus top 5 teams, refrain from scheduling road games at LaTech, to kickoff home games at least in the evening rather than 1:30, and make moves toward fixing the various issues with the West Side of DWS.

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
if he gets out and talks to the students/fans he will be the best AD we've had in my lifetime.

The main gripe I always had with LT was his pompous attitude and inability to even say hello to the fans.</p>

Say what you want about Jackie Sherrill, but I still remember him bringing doughnuts to the students as we camped out for the LSU/MSU game in 91. His interaction with the students made him beloved by everyone there. Meanwhile LT would walk by later on with a smirk on his face like he was walking through a leper colony.</p>

Bigohh

Feb 23, 2008
Stormrider81 said:
Bigohh said:
He's asked me (and thousands of others I'm sure) about scheduling specific teams for football, game day activities, etc.
Good. Now we can ask him to schedule 6 games a season, buy ourselves out of OOC games versus top 5 teams, refrain from scheduling road games at LaTech, to kickoff home games at least in the evening rather than 1:30, and make moves toward fixing the various issues with the West Side of DWS.

The point is, yes you can ask him all those things and you'll get a response. Now, a part of that response will involve the money it takes to add a 7th game, buy out a top 5 OOC opponent, etc. And, if he doesn't already know, it won't take him long to ask if you're a member of the BC and if not when are you signing up and/or upping your current level of giving. The great thing is he'll make you happy to give money to MSU!
</p>