Amile is "The Stabilizer"

Laettner

All-Conference
Mar 11, 2002
6,249
1,390
0
One thing I noticed while rewatching tourney games is each time we fell behind or became rattled, K put Amile in the game & he responded right away.
  1. Utah - Big three were nervous early on, Amile comes in to grab 5 boards & adds lay up in 1st half.
  2. Zags - Down 38-34 in 2nd half, team is sputtering. Amile grabs 3 boards, steal, & lay up.
  3. Wiscy - Down 48-39 Amile locks down Kaminsky for 8 mins, gets key offensive board plus multiple def boards.
Talk about a kid who played his role to perfection!
 

vcugreg

Sophomore
Feb 4, 2011
861
127
0
I agree with everything you stated above. I just wanted to add that when I saw him in person while leaving Cameron Indoor after the welcome home ceremony, he looked like he has gotten a bit taller and bigger since his freshman year. He had some muscle on him that I don't recall seeing in the past. Duke staff must be putting these guys in the weight room and locking the doors lol.

On an unrelated note, I went to high five Jah as he was leaving and all my hand felt was palm... no fingers... Kid has HUGE hands lol.
 
Devils Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Devils Illustrated Football Watch: New Big J & Little J Show breaks down this weekend's romp and the first 4 games
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting Under the Lights: 5-star prospects battle it out in Oklahoma
  3. 03 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 4
  4. 04 Devils Illustrated Football My Take on Others: Trying to rerack isn't so simple
  5. 05 Devils Illustrated Football Recruiting Duke Commit Tracker: How the Blue Devils’ Class of 2027 played in Week 6