.....And off we go.....

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022

Anyone who didn't see this coming was either as naive as a child or willfully ignorant.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
Wow, I just getting accustomed to the 750K as an inducement, now it's per year.
If this holds up the majority of schools will not be able to compete for the most elite players.
I think you could count the number that can compete on two hands.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
"The Best Money Can Buy" has been out there for a long time. Now it's out in the open! Big Time!

Hobcawcreekcock

Joined Dec 10, 2000 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 22, 2022
How did the enormous NIL deals paid to aTM recruits in 2021 work out for them in 2022, with that #1 rated recruiting class??? A few caught smoking weed in our locker room, a few kicked off the team, and a HORRIBLE season to boot. Money can’t buy everything, including character, hard work, dedication, and loyalty.

TheRoo

Joined Nov 3, 2021
Feb 6, 2022
What could possibly go wrong? NCAA greed and neglect set the stage for all of this. They should have listened to the coaches calling for reasonable compensation long ago. As a result, they handcuffed the Supreme Court and here we are. An honorable mention goes to one of the worst leaders of a generation, Gavin Newsom. I hope schools outside of the handful who can play this game decide to opt out and force revision.

Reactions: Tngamecock

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
Maybe everyone on the team should get a scholarship, and NIL is like tips + commissions. Those that do the most, take home the most. If you aren't helping the team you *only* get your scholarships. At least that maintains the appearance that these are students of the school they play for.

Reactions: TopHook

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Unless and until I have completely paid for my own kid's college and grad school/professional school, I won't be spending one dime making another college kid on full scholarship richer. If that makes me a bad fan, so be it - it's just a matter of priorities. Hopefully, Gamecock Nation has its own version of T Boon Pickens out there who can pay some or all of the players.

MrCockStrong

Feb 2, 2022
Do not know how anyone will be able to compete with Texas oil money.

On-field performance will take care of competition w/ Texas oil money. I can't imagine mega-millions getting thrown at players for the results that aTm got this season. I know it's only one season, but "investors" don't just constitently piss away money for recruiting victories without national title-type Ws showing up at the end of the year.

I could be wrong, though.

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
Wow, I just getting accustomed to the 750K as an inducement, now it's per year.
If this holds up the majority of schools will not be able to compete for the most elite players.

So nothing has changed with NIL basically. The same schools that got the elite players in the past will just continue to get them.

Reactions: Lurker123

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022
On-field performance will take care of competition w/ Texas oil money. I can't imagine mega-millions getting thrown at players for the results that aTm got this season. I know it's only one season, but "investors" don't just constitently piss away money for recruiting victories without national title-type Ws showing up at the end of the year.

I could be wrong, though.
I have a bad feeling that we will see that next year and following years. That class TAMU reruited with all that money were just true freshmen this year....one started at QB, three started on the OL, the backup RB to Achane, etc.... They were very young this year.

Latest posts