Anyone else hope UCLA loses

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
One thing's for, the Ivy League has been exposed as a total fraud. There is nothing in any way whatsoever special about them. The Ivy League mystique and aura is pure self-generated hype. Zero substance.
I really do hope their funding drys up and never recovers

Feb 24, 2024
every game in every sport from now on besides me?
No. I wish people would protest peacefully with no violence and no vandalism, regardless of the issue at hand. Pro-Israel, Pro-Palestine, Proud Boys, Antifa, Black Lives Matter, "January 6th," it doesn't matter to me: all protest should be peaceful. Zero violence, zero vandalism, zero verbal assault, zero escalation by protestors or authorities. Peaceful and thoughtful demonstrations and exchanges of ideas.

God bless Colin Kaepernick and his example of dignified, peaceful protest.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I really do hope their funding drys up and never recovers
Probably not, but they have certainly not endeared themselves to their primary donor base through all of this.

Even so, this has shown that there's nothing at all special about an Ivy League education. Those kids are no smarter than kids who go to state colleges. They get on camera and they can't put together 2 meaningful sentences. They are unable to offer up any kind of rationale for their actions. It's like dealing with my 2 year old when she's having a tantrum.

Me: Rosalie, what's the matter?
Rosalie: I'm mad
Me: Why?
Rosalie: I don't know

Honestly, these are supposed to be the cream of the crop, the best and the brightest, and they are operating with the reasoning abilities of a 2 year old.

Last edited:
Reactions: moouclem

RevRuss

Feb 2, 2022
Remember the 60's and 70's. Peaceful protests worked. The Civil Rights Act was passed. Violent protests worked. The Vietnam war ended. Violent protests did not work. Opposition to integration failed. Peaceful protests did not work. No or very little attention paid to peaceful anti-war protests before 1968 Dem Convention. Of course, I only lived through these times, not sure how history has been revised.

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
They have pretty large endowments.
I'm sure. The few I've heard from will be suspending donations. It will be interesting to see how widespread that is. I get that it won't break the institutions, but if a few heads roll because of it, that would be a step in the right direction imo.

Cockypantherfan

Joined Nov 15, 2020 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 17, 2022
Some of y'all just LOVE the culture wars.

Hungry So Good GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
One of the "leaders" at the Columbia protest is a PhD student and graduate assistant whose studies focus on applying romance literature through a Marxian lens.

This is what someone who is supposedly smart is studying at a supposedly elite school.

Reminds me of an episode the TV show community where they had a course about the show "Who's the Boss?"

Reactions: Tngamecock

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Probably not, but they have certainly not endeared themselves to their primary donor base through all of this.

Even so, this has shown that there's nothing at all special about an Ivy League education. Those kids are no smarter than kids who go to state colleges. They get on camera and they can't put together 2 meaningful sentences. They are unable to offer up any kind of rationale for their actions. It's like dealing with my 2 year old when she's having a tantrum.

Me: Rosalie, what's the matter?
Rosalie: I'm mad
Me: Why?
Rosalie: I don't know

Honestly, these are supposed to be the cream of the crop, the best and the brightest, and they are operating with the reasoning abilities of a 2 year old.
It's the perception of the value of an Ivy League diploma plus the ability to make substantial contacts in the business world.

Carolina Doc

Joined Aug 16, 2019
Jan 25, 2022
One of the "leaders" at the Columbia protest is a PhD student and graduate assistant whose studies focus on applying romance literature through a Marxian lens.

This is what someone who is supposedly smart is studying at a supposedly elite school.

Reminds me of an episode the TV show community where they had a course about the show "Who's the Boss?"
At Carolina, you can get credit for taking a "Golf" class - instruction and playing on the course. I suppose it's part of the PE dept.

Silverspur02

Joined Jan 26, 2006 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 17, 2022

And don't forget he is one of the people that want their student loans forgiven by the current government...

Reactions: HWGcock

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
At Carolina, you can get credit for taking a "Golf" class - instruction and playing on the course. I suppose it's part of the PE dept.

That doesn't bother me. It's one class. It's at least something that requires some measure of physical activity. And it presumably teaches a skill of some sort. It's not an entirely made up discipline that has absolutely zero real world application.

Every school has fluff classes. We know that. But the Ivy League are supposed to be la creme de la creme. USC is a state school with like a 70% acceptance rate.

Reactions: zack3

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
It's the perception of the value of an Ivy League diploma plus the ability to make substantial contacts in the business world.
That perception is not the same as it was two years ago. And will continue to change in the next two years. And some businesses will not hire newly graduated Ivy Leagers today.

Reactions: atl-cock

HI Cock1

Joined Oct 14, 2012
Jan 22, 2022
Hate on student protesters all you want... most of y'all loves you some January 6, tho.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Hate on student protesters all you want... most of y'all loves you some January 6, tho.
However one feels about J6, at least it had to do with America. What do these morons think UCLA has to do with the thousands year old conflict between Israel and Palestine?

Moreover, what does Israel give a crap what little baby students at UCLA are upset about?

Reactions: Cybercock

Latest posts