Anyone know where Freeman was?

BKIn118

All-American
Dec 16, 2001
10,515
5,994
113
Johnson wasn't on the bench either...both went home for a brief break to be with family.

Unfortunately, those looking for Freeman to suit up again may be waiting for a (much) longer time than first thought. Hope I'm wrong about that though...
 

Local Shill

All-American
Aug 30, 2001
21,535
7,354
113
What a disaster. So basically, we're playing with 8 scholarship players the rest of the way unless Diallo somehow makes it back for the last few games.
 

RU MAN

Heisman
Oct 29, 2001
23,723
10,413
113
Brian, do you know if Freeman can redshirt for the remainder of the season, which would give him two more years after this one?
 

Knights 1212

All-American
Sep 9, 2003
27,562
8,520
113
A player can play 4 years over a period of 5 years. I believe Freeman played his only 2 years at JUCO so he should be able to redshirt. I believe the cut off is like 20% but if it is close the NCAA often gives the player the year back. Deshawn played in 7 games which should be just over 20% as we have 31 games plus at least one in the BIG 10 tournament which will give us 32 games. Personally I hope he can come back at 100% for at least the last 10 games. I would hope we could win a few of those last 10 games with Freeman healthy. I don't want to get pounded every game in the BIG.
 

RC85

All-Conference
Jun 8, 2014
2,655
1,727
0
A player can play 4 years over a period of 5 years. I believe Freeman played his only 2 years at JUCO so he should be able to redshirt. I believe the cut off is like 20% but if it is close the NCAA often gives the player the year back. Deshawn played in 7 games which should be just over 20% as we have 31 games plus at least one in the BIG 10 tournament which will give us 32 games. Personally I hope he can come back at 100% for at least the last 10 games. I would hope we could win a few of those last 10 games with Freeman healthy. I don't want to get pounded every game in the BIG.
The thought of playing rest of season without Freeman is horrifying. On the other hand, having him back for a full 2 years with Sanders, a healthy Shaq Doorson, Nigel Johnson eligible, the rest of the team more experienced, and please, please, please a couple of decent recruits could make the suffering go a little easier.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Football Behind Enemy Lines: An inside look at the Indiana Hoosiers
  2. 02 The Knight Report Rutgers Football Wednesday Injury Report: Latest Updates ahead of the Indiana game
  3. 03 The Knight Report Which Rutgers Basketball players will attend Big Ten Media Days?
  4. 04 On3 Football ESPN updates FPI rankings for each Big Ten football team after Week 4
  5. 05 The Knight Report Anthony Knox wants Iowa at Jersey Mike's Arena