Anyone remember Michael Carter?

TejasFan

Redshirt
Jun 13, 2004
905
0
0
He was my next door neighbor in his youth. He moved with his family to Honaker, VA. I lost track of him but I heard he never married. Warez
 

TejasFan

Redshirt
Jun 13, 2004
905
0
0
The Michael Carter that I am talking about took piano lessons for about a year and 1/2. He got to be pretty good but never made it to Nashville. Floyd Cramer beat him to Nashville and Michael never fully recovered. The last I heard he was living in California with the fruits and nuts. Warez
 

WVUALLEN

All-American
Aug 4, 2009
73,125
5,970
113
You sure it wasn't the Michael Carter the Scottish actor well known for portraying Gerald Bringsley, An American Werewolf in London.
 

op2

All-Conference
Mar 16, 2014
12,032
1,796
103
As I recall I remember a guy from long ago named Michael Carter that played football at SMU and was also really good at an Olympic Track & Field event, perhaps the shot put.

ETA: Found him. He won a Silver Medal in the Shot Put in the 1984 Olympics, had a 9 year NFL career, made 3 Pro Bowls and won 3 Super Bowls with the 49ers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Carter_(athlete)

ETA: And now that I read his Wiki I see his daughter won a Gold Medal in the Shot Put in the 2016 Olympics.
 

TejasFan

Redshirt
Jun 13, 2004
905
0
0
Will Michael Carter please come to the press box. A lot of folks are looking for you. On the other hand...........call BR-549. That would be quicker and quicker is more better. Warez
 
WV Sports

Latest

  1. 01 WV Sports Game details for West Virginia hosting Arizona announced
  2. 02 WV Sports Basketball Recruiting 2029 point guard Amoi Dut talks West Virginia offer
  3. 03 WV Sports Football First look: What Iowa State has done through four games
  4. 04 WV Sports Football Cummings and Goings: The 3-2-1
  5. 05 WV Sports Football Michael Hawkins looks to clean up mistakes as WVU turns to Iowa State