Arch Manning

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021
Texas bound...I wonder how much NIL coin he got! Plus, didn't a QB leave a truckload of money at OSU to go to Texas?

Reactions: Midnighter

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Texas bound...I wonder how much NIL coin he got! Plus, didn't a QB leave a truckload of money at OSU to go to Texas?

Ha. Not like he needs the money. I don't blame him though; Texas would be in my Top 5 CFB choices if I were an elite HS player. But, as noted, they have Ewers on the team and he's the NIL golden boy. Moreover, he's from Texas (not just anywhere either - Westlake High School in Austin, which claims Drew Brees and Lia Thomas and quite a few other notable athletes). How do you keep EVERYONE happy? We'll see I guess.

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021
Two 5* and one football. How will that work? Ewers for two yrs and Arch for three, I guess.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Two 5* and one football. How will that work? Ewers for two yrs and Arch for three, I guess.
Actually, it’s two 5* and two very high 4*. But Manning won’t be there for another year.

NittanyBuff

Oct 30, 2021
To be honest haven't seen a lot of clips on him, but what I've seen, he's a good athlete, but his arm and throws he makes are nothing special.

EricStratton-RushChairman

Oct 6, 2021
Ha. Not like he needs the money. I don't blame him though; Texas would be in my Top 5 CFB choices if I were an elite HS player. But, as noted, they have Ewers on the team and he's the NIL golden boy. Moreover, he's from Texas (not just anywhere either - Westlake High School in Austin, which claims Drew Brees and Lia Thomas and quite a few other notable athletes). How do you keep EVERYONE happy? We'll see I guess.
He's actually from Southlake HS outside of Dallas... Cade Klubnik is the Westlake QB that went to Clemson. I went to the Southlake v Westlake HS Champ game late 2020 and thought Klubnik played better.

The chatter here in TX is Ewers is at UT for 2 years, one year overlap with Arch, then goes to NFL... and Arch has 2 years as UT starter moves UT into SEC before going pro. Doubt UT NIL money made a difference, any school could have backed the truck up. I have been told that actually Ewers and Arch bonded during his recent visit.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
He's actually from Southlake HS outside of Dallas... Cade Klubnik is the Westlake QB that went to Clemson. I went to the Southlake v Westlake HS Champ game late 2020 and thought Klubnik played better.

The chatter here in TX is Ewers is at UT for 2 years, one year overlap with Arch, then goes to NFL... and Arch has 2 years as UT starter moves UT into SEC before going pro. Doubt UT NIL money made a difference, any school could have backed the truck up. I have been told that actually Ewers and Arch bonded during his recent visit.
Allar uber alles.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021

You got to play these things delicately. I expect that the other two UT qbs will portal. They both seem like fine quarterbacks, they were very highly rated, but Ewers and Manning are the only way to go. Sark has pulled the trigger, the die is set for UT.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021

how does one go to the NFL after 2yrs? he sits out the third and waits?

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
This is Ewers second year, remember he was at O$U last year. He plays 2 years ('22 - '23) at UT and leaves. Arch joins 2023 season, sits, then plays '24 - '25 (UT Joins SEC in 2025).
it will be interesting, but I dont know if his yr at OSU counts. Had he graduated HS? if so why didnt he play.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
how does one go to the NFL after 2yrs? he sits out the third and waits?
I think the rule is 3 years after HS graduation. I think he graduated early to enroll at OSU. Actually, he may have re-classified, and then gone to OSU because Texas state legislature was not allowing NIL for HS kids at that time.

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
was he a HS graduate? I dont think they counted Larry Fitzgerald year at Military school., I dont think PG yrs count. Must be enrolled as a full time student
I thought he graduated, enrolled at tTMOSU, and actually took a couple snaps for them. I didn't really follow him so I may be wrong.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
I think the rule is 3 years after HS graduation. I think he graduated early to enroll at OSU. Actually, he may have re-classified, and then gone to OSU because Texas state legislature was not allowing NIL for HS kids at that time.
nit picking here, but I think its 3 yrs after you enroll full time in college, because I do not think years at a Millford or Fork Union etc count relative to the 3 yr NFL rule, though I am only willing to bet 1 beer on that, not the farm.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
This is Ewers second year, remember he was at O$U last year. He plays 2 years ('22 - '23) at UT and leaves. Arch joins 2023 season, sits, then plays '24 - '25 (UT Joins SEC in 2025).
ok you guys are right I am wrong, when you come to Huntington, wv I'll buy!!

Ewers' quotes paint the picture of someone who just wants to be home, but he has the potential to go high in the 2024 NFL Draft. Outside of Sarkisian and Texas being blinded by the Manning name, if Ewers plays well this year, the job would likely be his to lose moving forward.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
nit picking here, but I think its 3 yrs after you enroll full time in college, because I do not think years at a Millford or Fork Union etc count relative to the 3 yr NFL rule, though I am only willing to bet 1 beer on that, not the farm.
Maybe. I think it also depends if the kid graduated HS before entering Milford or Fork Union. I think Darryl Clark graduated HS in Y-town, but needed to get his grades up to enter PSU and went to the Military school route.