Arch Manning

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Maybe. I think it also depends if the kid graduated HS before entering Milford or Fork Union. I think Darryl Clark graduated HS in Y-town, but needed to get his grades up to enter PSU and went to the Military school route.
I am wrong he did enroll and play at OSU so when you come to Huntington, I'll buy.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
I am wrong he did enroll and play at OSU so when you come to Huntington, I'll buy.
damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

Reactions: LionJim

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
This is Ewers second year, remember he was at O$U last year. He plays 2 years ('22 - '23) at UT and leaves. Arch joins 2023 season, sits, then plays '24 - '25 (UT Joins SEC in 2025).
That’s a nice little plan on paper. What happens when Ewers gets hurt or opts to come back for a third year to improve his nfl stock?

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
nit picking here, but I think its 3 yrs after you enroll full time in college, because I do not think years at a Millford or Fork Union etc count relative to the 3 yr NFL rule, though I am only willing to bet 1 beer on that, not the farm.
It’s three after your hs class would have graduated. Fitz played two years at pitt

Yogiman71

Oct 8, 2021
So being a great QB is hereditary now ? Texas is the Cleveland Browns of NCAA football.

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
To be honest haven't seen a lot of clips on him, but what I've seen, he's a good athlete, but his arm and throws he makes are nothing special.
clips can be misleading, but he looks pretty accurate to me

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
You guys see the tab for his recruiting visit? Is that typical?

The recruits' parents put away $43,500 in drinks?

That whole thing seems extremely excessive and (I thought) against any established official visit protocol. Has there been a change to NCAA official visit policy? Here is the most recent link I've found concerning rules for official visits (staying at the Four Seasons and $40,000 parent bar tabs are way, way out of bounds by NCAA rules). What am I missing?

• Wow
Reactions: step.eng69

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
That whole thing seems extremely excessive and (I thought) against any established official visit protocol. Has there been a change to NCAA official visit policy? Here is the most recent link I've found concerning rules for official visits (staying at the Four Seasons and $40,000 parent bar tabs are way, way out of bounds by NCAA rules). What am I missing?

I wonder what a PSU recruit’s parents’ typical bar tab is at Chumley’s.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I wonder what a PSU recruit’s parents’ typical bar tab is at Chumley’s.

I worked in the NCAA Compliance Office with John Bove back when I was a student. I reviewed official visit paperwork and receipts (back then, a school could only allow for something like $25.00 or so for a recruit to spend on something like a T-Shirt, or hat or whatever). Recruits stayed at the Nittany Lion Inn, had a host (usually a player from their region or who played the same position) and most of their itinerary was visiting with coaches, academic advisors, meeting players, and seeing what nightlife was like on campus. Nothin in the NCAA rulebook allows for wining and dining parents of recruits. In fact, the rules say:

Parents are invited to go on official visits. The school can pay for three meals per day and tickets to a home sports match. However, the school is only allowed to pay for their transportation to and from campus if the parents are traveling in the same car as the recruit. Flights and separate bus or train tickets may not be purchased for parents. Parents have a very specific role throughout the official visit: Let the athlete be the focus of the experience.

Again - how is this not an outright violation of established recruiting rules? I'm fine with just saying '**** it' if that's what everyone else is gonna do, but Jesus - this is a massive load of sh*t.

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021

Good post Midnighter, interesting rules vs Texas recruiting

91Joe95

Oct 6, 2021

If the bar is in a strip club that doesn't seem that excessive.