Audio Cassette & Albums to CD

popcorn.sixpack

Jul 26, 2008
I have decided to convert my audio cassettes and albums to CDs. I've heard you can buy cassette players and turntables with UBS ports to pipe the tapes and albums into your computer to convert to CDs.

Can anyone give me any tips on what and where to buy? I have both Apple and PC laptops, so that is not an issue.

Thanks.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
Get a Bit Torrent program and download the albums you want to "convert".

Given the 1 to 1 transfer rate, if your old album/cassette collection is anything like mine, it could take months to complete.

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
that people kept their old cassettes. I understand the albums/LPs and their nostalgia but cassettes always were pieces of crap.

Just download all the songs you want and put them on your computer like everyone else said.

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005
Cassettes are barely a notch above 8T's.

Albums do have redeeming qualities in memories and sometimes fidelity (taken care of)

Store all your treasured albums in a 68* room
Go to Frostwire and download all your songs for free.

popcorn.sixpack

Jul 26, 2008
You make a good point, but I have old MSU broadcasts recorded on cassette tapes. So these games can't be downloaded from itunes.

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005
Good quality Cassette Deck+

Stand alone CD Recorder+

Blank Disc Media=Saved cassette recording forever.

My wife teaches music and she's archived all her audio cassettes on disk, then onto MP3 format

She uses a Philips CD Recorder (Ebay for 75 bucks)

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
doesn't Windows has a tool for recording wave files from an external input? Use Switch to convert them into mp3's?</p>

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
I'm in the used car business, and some of the older cars only have cassette. My old tapes still get a workout now and then. It's enjoyable in a old-school kinda way....

Cassettes were the bomb vs. 8-tracks. (I still have some of them too.)

Center Z

Sep 4, 2006
for every time I had to stick a *$++%+% pencil in one of the cassette holes to rewind my Van Halen 1984 tape, I could buy out Crooms.