Awesome $1/year introductory offer!!! But...

rem524

Oct 28, 2021
Can someone tell me what this means?
"Any subscription purchased on a promotion and canceled prior to 60 days of the renewal date shall be converted to a full-price subscription and will terminate when the "paid for" non-promotional period has ended. For clarity, a user purchases an annual subscription to an On3 product under the promotional subscription offering of $10 for 1-year (the "Discounted Subscription" price). This user's subscription shall automatically renew at full price on the first-anniversary date at the full annual subscription price of $99.99. If this user cancels anytime 60 days before the first-anniversary date, this subscription will expire after 1 month and 6 days. Therefore, any Discounted Subscription canceled after 1 month and 6 days or 60 days before the first-anniversary date, the user's subscription shall terminate immediately. If the subscription is canceled before 1 month and 6 days, the subscription shall expire 1 month and 7 days from the initial purchase date."

I have signed up but I've read this at least five times and I'm still not sure what it means. :) Maybe I need to go find DemLion and see if he can explain it but he may still be busy working with Anthony Lubrano (just some bait to stir things up a little).

Looking forward to seeing how this site grows over the next year. You have an excellent staff and I'm looking forward to the coverage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobkat

Waaaaaaaany

Oct 13, 2021
I can't figure out the first sentence, but I think the part after "for clarity" means that if you subscribe for $1 and then immediately cancel it, then you will only get access for 1 month and 6 days. If you wait til any other time after 1 month and 6 days from paid signup, it expires immediately. but mostly .....1636124694422.png

Reactions: rem524 and PSU73

PSU73

Oct 12, 2021
It is saying, as Waaaaany says, based on the given assumptions, that if you paid a promotional price and cancel/don't renew, then your subscription ends either at the end of the period you paid for (in the example, $10 for a $99.99 subscription is 10% or 36.5 days or 1 month and 7 days at the full rate) or immediately if you've already enjoyed a longer period.
I'm not sure what the significance of specifying "60 days before the first-anniversary date" is however. It has some meaning perhaps with respect to the timing of the charge for the renewal.

rem524

Oct 28, 2021
It is saying, as Waaaaany says, based on the given assumptions, that if you paid a promotional price and cancel/don't renew, then your subscription ends either at the end of the period you paid for (in the example, $10 for a $99.99 subscription is 10% or 36.5 days or 1 month and 7 days at the full rate) or immediately if you've already enjoyed a longer period.
I'm not sure what the significance of specifying "60 days before the first-anniversary date" is however. It has some meaning perhaps with respect to the timing of the charge for the renewal.
I had no idea where the "1 month and 6 days" part was coming but your explanation makes sense. Thanks!

Reactions: PSU73

canuckhal

Oct 31, 2021
My take for the 60 days is that you need to cancel 60 days before your annual membership is due for renewal or you will be charged $99 for renewal. IF you cancel, you will no longer have access. I agree with you, it is confusing and I almost didn't sign up. In the end, I believe I just need to cancel at least 60 prior if I don't want to renew. The renewal is automatic if you don't cancel.

Wonder how much content will be available on youtube.

Reactions: rem524 and PSU73