Barnes named DL coach

BW Lion

All-Conference
Apr 9, 2020
3,103
2,438
113

It’s nice that an ex-PSU player is getting to build his resume and potentially demonstrate his recruiting and positional development abilities.

That said, I’m more interested in the types of players he is told to recruit by Franklin …..

I suspect DB will focus on an endless stream of tall, undersized players with “growth potential” instead of chunky Nose Tackles capable of stopping an opponent’s inside run game. 🤷🏼‍♂️
 

Nitt1300

Heisman
Nov 2, 2008
7,790
14,664
113
It’s nice that an ex-PSU player is getting to build his resume and potentially demonstrate his recruiting and positional development abilities.

That said, I’m more interested in the types of players he is told to recruit by Franklin …..

I suspect DB will focus on an endless stream of tall, undersized players with “growth potential” instead of chunky Nose Tackles capable of stopping an opponent’s inside run game. 🤷🏼‍♂️
never fails to bring the negativity
 

Alphalion75

All-Conference
Oct 24, 2001
15,208
4,309
113
It’s nice that an ex-PSU player is getting to build his resume and potentially demonstrate his recruiting and positional development abilities.

That said, I’m more interested in the types of players he is told to recruit by Franklin …..

I suspect DB will focus on an endless stream of tall, undersized players with “growth potential” instead of chunky Nose Tackles capable of stopping an opponent’s inside run game. 🤷🏼‍♂️
*
 
  • Haha
Reactions: BW Lion

Sif

Sophomore
Oct 12, 2021
63
113
33
It’s nice that an ex-PSU player is getting to build his resume and potentially demonstrate his recruiting and positional development abilities.

That said, I’m more interested in the types of players he is told to recruit by Franklin …..

I suspect DB will focus on an endless stream of tall, undersized players with “growth potential” instead of chunky Nose Tackles capable of stopping an opponent’s inside run game. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Debbie Downer
 
  • Like
Reactions: Classof09

Bvillebaron

All-Conference
Feb 4, 2004
3,200
3,144
113
It’s nice that an ex-PSU player is getting to build his resume and potentially demonstrate his recruiting and positional development abilities.

That said, I’m more interested in the types of players he is told to recruit by Franklin …..

I suspect DB will focus on an endless stream of tall, undersized players with “growth potential” instead of chunky Nose Tackles capable of stopping an opponent’s inside run game. 🤷🏼‍♂️
What a moronic post.
 

Charlie1978

Junior
Dec 8, 2022
305
364
63

congrats to the new coach. He is a hungry dude. He can recruit. Speaking of which if he lands the portal DT from Maryland and elevates his play to a Jordan Hill level of play then that's all I am going to need to see to be happy with Franklin's decision. Also, I like the succession planning for the D coaches. If Manny leaves at the end of 2023, then Poindexter should want to stay around. Do you like what Franklin is cooking?
 

PSUJam

Heisman
Oct 7, 2021
13,787
26,459
113
congrats to the new coach. He is a hungry dude. He can recruit. Speaking of which if he lands the portal DT from Maryland and elevates his play to a Jordan Hill level of play then that's all I am going to need to see to be happy with Franklin's decision. Also, I like the succession planning for the D coaches. If Manny leaves at the end of 2023, then Poindexter should want to stay around. Do you like what Franklin is cooking?
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football What did Northwestern coach David Braun, Penn State players, say about the Wildcats' 34-13 win? 'I think we need to just get stuff going'
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State Highs and Lows: A night to forget in Evanston
  3. 03 BWI Football Penn State-Northwestern takeaways: Lions' brutal first half, more bad Becht, too much to overcome in latest loss
  4. 04 BWI Football Everything Matt Campbell said after Penn State's second-straight loss to Northwestern
  5. 05 BWI Football WATCH: Penn State coach Matt Campbell's full news conference folllowing the Lions' loss to Northwestern