Bases loaded. Choke artist at the plate

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
Ok, it’s past TIME to put the rookie from Cal or from Starkville in right field and let DJ sit out at least 2 games. I’m sorry but this is BIG boy baseball and he needs to sit!!
He didn’t get it done again in a HUGE spot with bases loaded in 7th.
WTH is going on with him and Hines?!?!
If they don’t figure it out we won’t make it out of the first regional.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Batting in DJ’s spot, Chester bangs an RBI single in B9 to bring us within 1 run. Camera immediately cuts to DJ in the dugout, and I honestly can’t tell if he’s pissed or sad or jealous or what the 17 but I can tell you 100000% what he wasn’t - happy that his teammate just made a play and pulled us within a run…he needs to grow the 17 up and hit the cage and talk to his hitting coach and his priest/rabbi/imam/whatever and FIGURE IT THE 17 OUT. He absolutely looks defeated in every single AB before he even sees the first pitch

Apr 6, 2024
Batting in DJ’s spot, Chester bangs an RBI single in B9 to bring us within 1 run. Camera immediately cuts to DJ in the dugout, and I honestly can’t tell if he’s pissed or sad or jealous or what the 17 but I can tell you 100000% what he wasn’t - happy that his teammate just made a play and pulled us within a run…he needs to grow the 17 up and hit the cage and talk to his hitting coach and his priest/rabbi/imam/whatever and FIGURE IT THE 17 OUT. He absolutely looks defeated in every single AB before he even sees the first pitch
I'm certain I'm not the only one, but I've said DJ has had an immaturity and attitude problem for weeks now; he's sooo naturally talented but if it doesn't just come to him, he doesn't seem to want it.

Last edited:

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
When you get paid to play baseball, you're a professional. At that point, you're not an innocent kid anymore. And open yourself up to everything that comes with that.
Two thoughts come to mind:

(1) It would be interesting to see the performance reviews of the “professionals” who are hurling all of the stones

(2) Did these types of posts not exist prior to pay-per-play

Last edited:
Reactions: Scottfield1

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
You don't sit Hines and DJ.

Y'all sound like my mother-in-law. Uninformed, unhinged, emotionally irrational, and bored with nothing else to do.
No kidding… man there are some miserable guys that post here. Neither of these guys will benefit from being benched. They are both too talented to put on the bench and Jordan is a plus fielder on top of that. Drop them in the order but they shouldn’t come out of the lineup.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
You don't sit Hines and DJ.

Y'all sound like my mother-in-law. Uninformed, unhinged, emotionally irrational, and bored with nothing else to do.
I think you sit DJ for a different reason. Just be in the dugout for one game. Not punishment. Just hang out in the dugout with the players and have fun for a game. Clap with your teammates when Mershon gets up. Just forget about your swing, the pressure, and enjoy the game like you did when you were 10. If we are up big or down big, PH him and say go up there and have fun. Then tomorrow, we get back to work.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
When I was 20 years old, I was receiving and extra 2.75 a day for combat pay. I don't want to hear this **** about not getting on a 20-year-olds *** who is making a lot of money, going to college for free and playing a game he loves. That's not just baseball. A few years ago, I would not have said that but now they are getting paid it's a little difference. Anyways he better get used to it if he going to play professional baseball.

aspendawg

Sep 10, 2009
I think you sit DJ for a different reason. Just be in the dugout for one game. Not punishment. Just hang out in the dugout with the players and have fun for a game. Clap with your teammates when Mershon gets up. Just forget about your swing, the pressure, and enjoy the game like you did when you were 10. If we are up big or down big, PH him and say go up there and have fun. Then tomorrow, we get back to work.
I can get behind something like this. The rest of these yahoos are off their rockers.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
The best players in the world take days off during the season to rest and get their head right.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
When I was 20 years old, I was receiving and extra 2.75 a day for combat pay. I don't want to hear this **** about not getting on a 20-year-olds *** who is making a lot of money, going to college for free and playing a game he loves. That's not just baseball. A few years ago, I would not have said that but now they are getting paid it's a little difference. Anyways he better get used to it if he going to play professional baseball.
My problem is more we trash our own players so much. I know nothing about baseball, but even i know slumps are common for even the best MLBers and they don't get sat, they play through it. If MLBers are successful 1/4 to 1/3 of the time you considered good.

I'll assure you Lemonheadjuice is playing DJ and Hines because he thinks they give us the best chance of winning. He may know a little bit more about it than the jabrones on this page (other than Bulldog Bruce).

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
He's got an exaggerated upper-cut swing. No way to hit line drives like that. Either HR or SO. Usually a SO.

Reactions: PhredPhantom

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
My problem is more we trash our own players so much. I know nothing about baseball, but even i know slumps are common for even the best MLBers and they don't get sat, they play through it. If MLBers are successful 1/4 to 1/3 of the time you considered good.

I'll assure you Lemonheadjuice is playing DJ and Hines because he thinks they give us the best chance of winning. He may know a little bit more about it than the jabrones on this page (other than Bulldog Bruce).
Pointing out when a guy is playing like crap is not trashing them. It's just stating the obvious. If you are calling them names or calling their moms whores that is different. That should never happen. I really don't understand not being able to point out things when they are bad especially since they are being paid now. They are grown men and should be able to take it.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
They are grown men and should be able to take it.
Many can't, they're prima donnas. It seems we tear down our own more than celebrate their success.

The key point of marketing (what we do to potential recruits/transfers) is to publicly maximize strengths and minimize weaknesses. Too many of our fans do the opposite. Current/future players/recruits/transfers and their friends/families read these boards, I much rather the sentiment be DJ is great player, hopefully he can fight through this slump.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
To be fair, money or not, if I was struggling and got my spot taken, I likely wouldn't be all that jolly either. This whole 'sit on the bench and support your team' stuff, I have always questioned that.

Just because Jalen Hurts was quiet, do you really think that dude was sitting on the sideline actually supporting Tua? Or was he just hoping and praying something happened where he got another chance?

Reactions: Scottfield1

1984dog

Apr 4, 2014
DJ and Hines are under tremendous pressure as they see all the scouts sitting behind home plate and realize that their draft status is sliding FAST. They are each losing a lot of signing bonus money every AB. They have probably lost out on several hundred thousand $$ this week. Hines has a slump so bad that I suspect he has "Hatcher" disease.

MSBamaWard

Feb 3, 2023
Old enough to get paid a bunch of NIL money though?
That’s the problem with this.. they want all the glory and money, but no responsibility or blame. Life doesn’t work that way. That’s not real world and is making a mentally weak society. Fighting through adversity should make you stronger and more resilient.. not a victim. That’s what separates the top from the bottom. Any profession is like that..

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

Your two power hitters going dormant in scoring situations isn’t a slump. He tried a change of pace last night, and it didn’t work at all. At this point send both the sports psychologists for a few days and let some younger guys try to make a name for themselves. DJ, especially…. He’s 100% gone in a few weeks…. HH may have just “earned” himself another year of college.

TilloDwg

Aug 25, 2012
Starting with Arkansas through Vandy game tonight here is how our guys have batted over last 10 games

Name AB H SO Avg

Chance 42 12 7 .286

Mershon 43 13 14 .302

Jordan 42 9 13 .214

Hines 43 3 19 .070

Larry 40 13 6 .325

Kohler 40 12 12 .300

Long 25 1 10 .040

Hujsak 10 4 4 .400

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I liked this dude better before he took every opportunity to come at fans on Twitter.
It's sec baseball it's big boy ball. Nil involved now. You getting paid. And have disappeared at the plate. You deserve criticism. This ain't little league. He needs to get his head out of the draft and concentrate on his game and helping his team

Reactions: PhredPhantom