Bassett beats Desmond

clucas11

Oct 31, 2021
I was looking to see if this was posted, but didn't see it anywhere. I apologize if this has already been reported, but Bassett beat AAA 106 lb. state champ and fellow freshman Nathan Desmond 13-5 over the weekend. Desmond had just beaten Aaron Seidel at King of the Keystone, 5-1...I believe. Bassett was competing for M2 as well :) Others on the M2 team included Mason Gibson, Dalton Perry, Levi Haines, Tyler Kasak, Pierson Manville, amongst other heavy hitters.

Fencepost

Oct 23, 2021
Another way to look at it is Desmond lost to Basset by a score of only 13-5. I think Desmond projects very well.

Reactions: Antaeus

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

From the below link:

"The two final bouts shared three of USA’s World medalists in the field - Bo Bassett of Pennsylvania, Luke Lilledahl of Xtreme Training, and Nathanael Jesuroga from Sebolt Wrestling Academy.

The 51 kg finals series featured World champion Bo Bassett (Pennsylvania) and World silver medalist Luke Lilledahl (Xtreme Training). Lilledahl defeated Bassett two-to-none in the finals series. The Missouri native kept the pressure on in the first final bout by taking advantage of Bassett’s shots and spinning behind to secure the win, 6-1. In the second bout, Lilledahl left no room for mistakes and shut out the World champion, 10-0, to become USA’s 51 kg World Team member and this tournament’s Outstanding Wrestler."

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
More tweets by Bo with PSUers, and fewer with non-PSUers, would be appreciated. ;)

Latest posts