BDJ has speculation ...

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
that Croom is lifting the redshirt off a walk-on kicker, Zach Warden (Jackson Prep).

What will you say if Warden executes the elusive touchback?

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
that Croom is lifting the redshirt off a walk-on kicker, Zach Warden (Jackson Prep).

What will you say if Warden executes the elusive touchback?

GBryne4Heisman

Jun 23, 2008
If he can put it in the endzone, then how are we suppose to give up good field position?

Our whole game plan would be off!

Croomp

Jun 25, 2008
Zach's family wants him to complete his redshirt this year. The guy has a good leg but its way too late into the season to burn him. Crxxm has been making poor decisions and there is some rumors going around about Crxxm is wanting to put Delmon Robinson on defense for next year.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
8Dog said:
its just reason no. 786 Croom should be canned.
That adds no. 787. If the guy is that good, why in the hell is he not on the field now?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
AzzurriDawg4 said:
I can see that but I also can read it as no. 786 was taking the red shirt off this late in the season. On this matter I can go both ways.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
"Crxxm is wanting to put Delmon Robinson on defense for next year"

Makes perfect sense. I mean, the guy can make plays on offense. We can't have that.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
....there's no sense redshirting kickers to save them for the future. You should be capable of finding a serviceable kicker at whatever point you need him, so no sense keeping one in your pocket for later if one you've got will help you now.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
Delmon would be a surprise given what he's shown in limited time. I figured Bonner would move back to defense next year and maybe even Arceto Clark, given that he was recruited as a DB.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Croom truly has no clue. I think that just as qb's under his tuteledge, Croom has regressed as a coach each season.</p>

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
how the hell you can't tell which kicker is better in practice in terms of kicking off? I can see a practice/game distinction in punting and FGs, but not kick offs.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
i thought he only looked at the stats at the end of the season and then assessed how we did

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
Our season is basically over. Why burn the RS of a guy who maybe can help us in the future with three games left in a meaningless season? So that we can maybe beat <17> Bama? Seriously. I wish Croom placed at least 50% as much effort into our games with other opponents, like I don't know, La Tech.

And as far as Delmon Robinson, WTF?

GBryne4Heisman

Jun 23, 2008
The great thing here is that it doesn't matter at all.

We could have Tom Dempsey as our kicker and we'd still suck. We'd still get beat by 28 at Bama and UM would still beat us 21.

OMlawdog

Feb 27, 2008
Then again Im an Ole Miss fan, and I thought Robinson looked pretty good on offense.

Does he really think this is a good idea?

thunderclap

Feb 25, 2008
in my opinion, if Croom were to resign in the next five minutes, that'd be four minutes too late.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
[b said:
Croomp[/b]]Zach's family wants him to complete his redshirt this year. The guy has a good leg but its way too late into the season to burn him. Crxxm has been making poor decisions and there is some rumors going around about Crxxm is wanting to put Delmon Robinson on defense for next year.
You fat crooked hat wearing golf cart riding mother-$@++$$ have no clue how to coach...
Do not burn anymore red-shirts!!!!
Yyou will lose your job after next year, if not this one.
Delmon needs to be on offense and you need to get him the damn ball..

OMlawdog

Feb 27, 2008
I thought Schaefer was going to be a good QB at Ole Miss. Though I still think in the right offense he could have been decent, same goes for Omarr Conner.

I only have a small sample to go from, but he seemed to have good hands, and was quick. As far as QB's go, most MSU and Ole Miss fans thought Carroll was decent and would get better this year, instead he got beat out by a 5'10" walk on from juco.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
is that Woody and Croom told Wes to stop running and to either throw the ball away or downfield if nothing was there. In other words, we overcoached him.

patdog

May 28, 2007
As I pointed out many times over the summer, the only SEC QBs with lower passing ratings were Schaefer and Henig. I figured he'd improve some this year though, but only because of having more experience, not because of any coaching he was getting from McCorvey.

OMlawdog

Feb 27, 2008
He simply got asked to do a lot more than he was asked to do last year. MSU won with a strong running game, a good defense and Carroll not making mistakes.

This year, MSU's running game is not strong and Carroll was put in a position to try and win games, and Im not sure he is that kind of QB that can win a game on his own.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Carroll didn't get worse this year, the OL did. With a weaker OL, Carroll just looked worse because, as you said, he was being asked to do more and with an OL that was not providing much protection. Heck, we threw it around against La. Tech like we thought we were some great passing team and that's one team we should have been able to run against even with them overloading the box.

Oct 14, 2007
And that is saying something. We're 10 games into the 12 game season. WHY THE HELL BURN A REDSHIRT NOW? I mean, ****, is it that hard to see which kicker is better? Because every time I watch **** Brick, it's painfully obvious he's barely a Division III kicker. Why not just wait and let him have his shot next season? Or better yet, figure out he can't be worse and try him early in the year. Dammit, my head hurts. 17 you, Crxxms. 17ing *******.

Croomp

Jun 25, 2008
fishwater99 said:
[b said:
Croomp[/b]]Zach's family wants him to complete his redshirt this year. The guy has a good leg but its way too late into the season to burn him. Crxxm has been making poor decisions and there is some rumors going around about Crxxm is wanting to put Delmon Robinson on defense for next year.
You fat crooked hat wearing golf cart riding mother-$@++$$ have no clue how to coach...
Do not burn anymore red-shirts!!!!
Yyou will lose your job after next year, if not this one.
Delmon needs to be on offense and you need to get him the damn ball..
It is what I heard. I heard Crxxm has been talking to Delmon about it. I haven't heard what Delmon's thoughts are on it but supposedly they have had conversations about it. And as far as Zach goes theres no reason to burn his redshirt and 2 it will go against the will of a lot people. I don't think you will be seeing Zach Warden on the field this weekend but then again I could see Crxxm pulling the shocker and placing Warden on the field if the game comes down to field goals.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
as thinking Henig could be decent. At least Carroll was able to throw 100+ passes without a pick one time in his career. Henig couldn't have done that in the skeleton drill.

Two things happened to Wes. The OL is worse, particularly the guards. Also, we "coached him down". He was definantly thinking too much this season, whereas last year he just got in there and played. I'll say this in defense of Omarr Conner, Wes Carroll, and Tyson Lee - we have the worst QB coach in the SEC. Until we make a commitment to hiring a serious QB coach, things won't change.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I say go ahead & burn the redshirt. Find out if he's worth a crap or not. If he sucks, then we know we've still got to sign another kicker this year. If he's good, then give him Richard's scholly & he's our guy for the next 3 years - and chalk up another mistake for Croom because he waited till the 10th game of the season to use the guy.

FlabLoser

Aug 20, 2006
Every SEC school should have a stable of kicking talent disguised as regular students - all of whom are better than Carlson and at least as good to be a backup kicker on any other team. Heck, wasn't it Texas Tech that signed a punt/pass/kick student to be their real kicker?