Beamers ‘F-You’ to Satt in his Presser Today…

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Yep….he was helpful, but if you can’t block you ain’t playing TE and he sure didn’t deserve an offense built around him. He should thank SC for using him as much as we did. There was a reason Adkins, Stogner, Kenion were used more at TE.
Yep. If anyone should be pissed it's Lloyd for having to give up carries to Bell early on. That was clearly a bad decision.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Especially if Nebraska goes back to its roots. WR and tE will be blocking. Qb running.
I consider that unlikely, but I suppose offensive trends are cyclical. However, right now, the slip-screen spread offenses are still ahead of defenses.

Go Gamecocks

Jan 24, 2022
I consider that unlikely, but I suppose offensive trends are cyclical. However, right now, the slip-screen spread offenses are still ahead of defenses.
Satt's not a running QB guy.

There's a reason Hurts & Mahomes are playing in the SB (even the NFL has figured that you need mobility in your QB).

Reactions: DaboSits2PeePee

Go Gamecocks

Jan 24, 2022
We "lost" Bell b/c he thought he was better than he actually was. Freak athlete, but not a very good football player. He was given more opportunity to shine than most would have been, and he didn't capitalize on it. I'm glad he's gone.
Just to say thanks for all of your sad-but-true comments.
I didn't watch as close as you did, but certainly was surprised at the lack of big plays from Jaheim.

FB always has these great athletes who just can't elevate their games, while lesser guys surge to the top. Ironies abound!

Reactions: DaboSits2PeePee

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Just to say thanks for all of your sad-but-true comments.
I didn't watch as close as you did, but certainly was surprised at the lack of big plays from Jaheim.

FB always has these great athletes who just can't elevate their games, while lesser guys surge to the top. Ironies abound!
I had high hopes for him. At the end of the day, you have to do the little things too. Football is still about blocking and tackling. WRs still have to block on the edges. RBs have to pick up blitzes. It takes more than just raw talent. I hope Harbor is ready to execute on the little things.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Satt's not a running QB guy.

There's a reason Hurts & Mahomes are playing in the SB (even the NFL has figured that you need mobility in your QB).
It's always an asset when a quarterback can turn a bad play into a better one on the fly.

Baltcock96

Joined Dec 11, 2001
Jan 28, 2022
It was a joke about the use of wr and te to block.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
The same way UF used Kyle Pitts. Couldn’t block but was a 1st team SEC TE. Why? Cause the OC figured he was such a dynamic playmaker in space, with the ball in his hands, that he designed plays to get him in space and out the ball in his hands. Not saying that’s Beamers fault but I think the rumors are true, that they cut Satt out after the UF game, and I think Beamer is thinking he should have made that move sooner. Just my 0.02

Ridiculous. Beamer has debunked this stupidity numerous times.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Some of the same mental midgets that were happy to see Satt go are the same that wanted Frank gone.

How has that worked out?

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
There was a lot of denial of that around here from certain quarters.

That is true, but by the end it was pretty much just one, very "special" poster. And we know she'd argue the earth was flat before she'd admit Satterfield is a failure.

Reactions: gamecock stock