Bear?

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Terrible news. Wipe Out! Hopefully, the DL coach find a solid DL in da TP to replace Bear...

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Money

NIL= Free Agency

Bear will be fine wherever he lands.
If he does end up leaving, it will be his seventh school in seven years.
He just signed a new deal with HOV the other day. Apparently he hasn’t been practicing as often as he should. Showed up at a full pads practice in sweats.

Reactions: ATR32

Gold Trojan

Aug 27, 2017
If he does end up leaving, it will be his seventh school in seven years.
He just signed a new deal with HOV the other day. Apparently he hasn’t been practicing as often as he should. Showed up at a full pads practice in sweats.
Unfortunately, this can be one of the side effects of throwing money at someone before they're vested in either the school, or the process.

SonofGodzilla

Aug 30, 2017
All’s I remember is Bear balling his eyes out after committing 2 stupid AF personal fouls that possibly cost us that game . Now he doesn’t want to play for the coach who coached Aaron Donald. Really. Oh and our Defense sucked huge last year so bye bye crybaby bear.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Homesick. California is not for everyone. I've had 3 coworkers who we're from Red States resign and go back home. 2 went back to Texas and 1 to Tennessee.
That may be the official story but it's laughable.

Apparently he hasn’t been practicing as often as he should. Showed up at a full pads practice in sweats.
Sort of like last year when he skipped practice and went to Mexico.

Unfortunately, this can be one of the side effects of throwing money at someone before they're vested in either the school, or the process.
These kids aren't vested in either these days for the most part. However, IMO, what you just described is what happened with Justus Terry and now you have a proven commodity who wants more money as a result. It's an issue that college and the NFL have to get figured out.

How do you keep a player happy in the locker room who already has verifiable stats when you pay more for a newbie coming in from high school? NIL is rewarding the individual aspect of the game, not the team, nor the process. Perhaps this portal activity now coming from Bear is a tactic to extort more money.

Now he doesn’t want to play for the coach who coached Aaron Donald. Really.
Nice narrative but ridiculous. Donald was who he was LONG before Henderson "coached" him. His most productive season happened before Henderson was hired.
Oh and our Defense sucked huge last year so bye bye crybaby bear.
It's clear the #1 reason it sucked was Grinch. Alexander had 48 tackles, including 6.5 for loss (with 1.5 sacks). He led the team with 4 QB hurries, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery and 1 PBU. That production would be replaced by whom?

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
How do you keep a player happy in the locker room who already has verifiable stats when you pay more for a newbie coming in from high school? NIL is rewarding the individual aspect of the game, not the team, nor the process. Perhaps this portal activity now coming from Bear is a tactic to extort more money.
Veebs, apparently he just signed a new NIL deal a few days ago.

4thamp1

Aug 24, 2017
He shined on a DL, that quite frankly, sucked.
Not happy to see him go, but at the same time, that is how far USC has fallen across the defensive front.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Veebs, apparently he just signed a new NIL deal a few days ago.
And maybe it wasn't enough for him. Why did that HOV deal come after Terry's commitment? The power is all with the players. He'll have no problem getting out of that deal if necessary. His "handler" is an issue. I have yet to see a situation that worked out well where a player has an overly involved parent/handler/agent.

He's not the first to try it. He won't be the last. Beyond all that, he's still got issues that permeate the locker room and I don't expect that will change with a HOV deal.

troypwr

Aug 24, 2017
No one should surprised by this, but it isn’t definite either.

Why wouldn't we be surprised when he just signed a new deal? Of course, we're surprised. What I'm not is, concerned. We could have used him but he's obviously in need of some maturity. Oh well. I'm hearing some good things about the new kid Abisiri.

Bear's latest.

Last edited:
Reactions: SonofGodzilla

SonofGodzilla

Aug 30, 2017
That may be the official story but it's laughable.

Sort of like last year when he skipped practice and went to Mexico.

These kids aren't vested in either these days for the most part. However, IMO, what you just described is what happened with Justus Terry and now you have a proven commodity who wants more money as a result. It's an issue that college and the NFL have to get figured out.

Nice narrative but ridiculous. Donald was who he was LONG before Henderson "coached" him. His most productive season happened before Henderson was hired.

It's clear the #1 reason it sucked was Grinch. Alexander had 48 tackles, including 6.5 for loss (with 1.5 sacks). He led the team with 4 QB hurries, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery and 1 PBU. That production would be replaced by whom?
Not worried about “ individual stats “. Worried about Team Defense and those numbers were the worst school history. WORST EVER. Bye Bye CryBear😥😥

dblwall

Aug 24, 2017
And maybe it wasn't enough for him. Why did that HOV deal come after Terry's commitment? The power is all with the players. He'll have no problem getting out of that deal if necessary. His "handler" is an issue. I have yet to see a situation that worked out well where a player has an overly involved parent/handler/agent.

He's not the first to try it. He won't be the last. Beyond all that, he's still got issues that permeate the locker room and I don't expect that will change with a HOV deal.
On most of these NIL deals is it for the player at a certain school or can he take it where ever he ends up?

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
On most of these NIL deals is it for the player at a certain school or can he take it where ever he ends up?
Good question...I suspect the deals are written such that, if they are local or regional, they last only as long as the player stays at a particular school. If they have a national deal, perhaps there's more wiggle room. The bigger the star, the less likely it seems they would leave wherever they are. Bear is a middler and not in the upper ranks like a QB or WR.

And then of course, NIL deals that are specific to a collective would absolutely be canceled if a player departs.

Reactions: dblwall

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
He’s not. False rumor.
It most definitely was not a rumor. The head of national recruiting for on3, Hayes Fawcett, tweeted it out yesterday morning. He didn't just pull that out of his behind.

Either bear or his handler put that information out there and to other sources as well in order to obtain something from USC. It appears to have been successful.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
It most definitely was not a rumor. The head of national recruiting for on3, Hayes Fawcett, tweeted it out yesterday morning. He didn't just pull that out of his behind.
My understanding is that it came to him from a normally trustworthy source, but that source was mistaken. Many ran with it, hence the rumor.

ASECONDCHANCE

Aug 24, 2017

Either bear or his handler put that information out there and to other sources as well in order to obtain something from USC. It appears to have been successful.
Or SC told called his bluff and he backed down. At least this is what I hoped happened.
Schools can’t let that stuff happen or it will catch on with other players.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
Or SC told called his bluff and he backed down. At least this is what I hoped happened.
Schools can’t let that stuff happen or it will catch on with other players.
Bear re-signed with HOV a week ago, so I don’t think that was the play. Bear seems be saying that the transfer stuff was just rumors:

“I’m not crystal clear on all of the noise or what any of this portal mess is about,” Alexander posted to X. “…I’m here to finish what I started and that’s chasing a natty here at USC with my teammates #FightOn“

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
My understanding is that it came to him from a normally trustworthy source, but that source was mistaken. Many ran with it, hence the rumor.
So some source just made it up? Another credible youtuber claims that he heard it directly from a family member.

Why did it take him a day and a half to address it?

This isn't the first time bear has been dishonest or played games. It was not a rumor.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
So some source just made it up? Another credible youtuber claims that he heard it directly from a family member.

Why did it take him a day and a half to address it?

This isn't the first time bear has been dishonest or played games. It was not a rumor.
If you go by the definition of a rumor, then it was, even if it turns out it was started by Bear for personal gain.

Either way, it became a rumor here when people ran with the story on the paid board without any of the info having yet been verified.

Ride Fly

Aug 24, 2017
At this point, who knows if it's him or some overzealous scoop artist. If he stays, great. We can use the bodies. If he goes, oh well.

hey fatboy, you going to the spring game? I’ll meet you at any pillar you want, just to give you the opportunity to smash my teeth. You did write that didn’t you???

@troypwr …Cucking for Adam Schiffy since Jan 7th, 2021

ASECONDCHANCE

Aug 24, 2017
But he’s not entering the portal, so all this huge dust up and dart-throwing at Bear Alexander was totally uncalled for.
His history of transferring for always something better says the dart throwing was not uncalled for. Four High schools, 2 colleges tells me he’s looking for the easiest road. There was lots of evidence out there that proves this kid to be uncommitted. This time I’m thinking he wanted more NIL $. Sadly this is very common now among players all over the Country.

Reactions: uscvball

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
His history of transferring for always something better says the dart throwing was not uncalled for. Four High schools, 2 colleges tells me he’s looking for the easiest road. There was lots of evidence out there that proves this kid to be uncommitted.
All this is true, and the story came from trustworthy sources and sounded legit. But some people here did jump the gun before anything was verified, saying things like “good riddance” and “He wasn’t that good anyway”, on both boards here. Regardless of his past, he’s still a Trojan.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
His history of transferring for always something better says the dart throwing was not uncalled for. Four High schools, 2 colleges tells me he’s looking for the easiest road. There was lots of evidence out there that proves this kid to be uncommitted. This time I’m thinking he wanted more NIL $. Sadly this is very common now among players all over the Country.
Haters gonna hate.

Some people find it very easy to find fault with others, having absolutely no understanding of the circumstances of what his life was like or the decisions he was faced with.

Judge not less you be judged.

he’s a Trojan now and a Trojan forever!

Jan 17, 2024
I like your posts, but isn't this forum like 99% judging people on their point of view? As for Bear....I don't know. I thought he was a media sensation without much umph behind it. Probably due to coaching, or at least I hope that. Let's hope his new financial incentive gets him going.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Haters gonna hate.

Some people find it very easy to find fault with others, having absolutely no understanding of the circumstances of what his life was like or the decisions he was faced with.
I am very familiar with his life story. I followed his recruitment, I've watched interviews, I've read all the stories. There are thousands of kids with similar struggles and they don't behave the way he has. Most times when you get a kid like this, playing games and being generally disrespectful, there's a handler or parent behind it all. He's old enough and clearly making enough money, it's time for him to rise above his raising.
Yoga pants. Okay.

Reactions: ASECONDCHANCE

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
I like your posts, but isn't this forum like 99% judging people on their point of view?
The entire internet is pretty much nothing but 24/7 judging, lol.
As for Bear....I don't know. I thought he was a media sensation without much umph behind it. Probably due to coaching, or at least I hope that. Let's hope his new financial incentive gets him going.
Hasn't worked before. You either love the game or you don't. You either want to be part of something bigger than yourself or you don't. Money, on it's own, is rarely a great motivator on the field because to be great, you have to be willing to work that hard off the field.

Jan 17, 2024
The entire internet is pretty much nothing but 24/7 judging, lol.

Hasn't worked before. You either love the game or you don't. You either want to be part of something bigger than yourself or you don't. Money, on it's own, is rarely a great motivator on the field because to be great, you have to be willing to work that hard off the field.
Thanks Veebs. I was trying to be nice or maybe a bit pollyanna. I'm not expecting much. If he does a Korey Foreman and just fades away while others flourish, I'm ok with that. Let him get his $ (no issue there) and let others get their money and play. Win-win.

SC200SC

Aug 24, 2017
Hector, I always and for many years have appreciated your posts. Nevertheless, I would like to point out that many, many people misinterpret these verses from the Sermon on the Mount;

Luke 6:37
"37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: "

The Judgment that Messiah Jesus refers to here, refers to condemnation, and not to discernment. In other words, it is for Jesus (God the Son) to eternally judge, not man.

Yet, we are absolutely allowed to discern. Indeed, Paul chastised the Corinthians for not using their discernment regarding the adulterous man. In Paul's authority, he placed judgment on the the man and told the Corinthians to expel him until he repented. This occurred in 2nd Corinthians, thereby demonstrating the process. Still, Paul never condemned the man's soul.

So it comes down to how we use our discernment, rather than not being allowed to do so.

Latest posts