Beau will be back

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
Carter didn’t say and Kerkvliet wasn’t there he said the wrestlers were really friendly.
After Carter accepted one of his awards he walked by our table. Another guy asked him about 5 and Carter looked at him and said "No." It was not a public announcement for sure, but I think he is done.

Reactions: Hlstone

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
After Carter accepted one of his awards he walked by our table. Another guy asked him about 5 and Carter looked at him and said "No." It was not a public announcement for sure, but I think he is done.
I completely get it. He has nothing left to prove and probably wants to move on with his life.

Reactions: Garw

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
Great news re Beau-Carter has consistently said publicly he does not want to be back in school. Curious if he was walking well today. Question is about Kerk-no indications of an answer yet. Curious what Carter's post PSU plans are-if he will be involved in NLWC?

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
Great news re Beau-Carter has consistently said publicly he does not want to be back in school. Curious if he was walking well today. Question is about Kerk-no indications of an answer yet. Curious what Carter's post PSU plans are-if he will be involved in NLWC?
Carter did not have any issue walking.

Reactions: Hlstone

gslachta

May 16, 2023
Those of you who are not members of PSWC. Join! Go to www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org A family membership of $35 will include you in the 3400+ membership. The club gave the Athletic Department (for wrestling) $125,000 yesterday.
The Annual Awards Luncheon was enjoyable. Cael is a man of few words(until yesterday) a great sense of humor. He has brought young gentlemen to State College and they are leaving as grown men who we can all be proud.

hohmadw1978

Oct 7, 2021
I completely get it. He has nothing left to prove and probably wants to move on with his life.
He has told me last week (have known Carter for two years) that he is not coming back. As he has stated publicly, he is not fond of school. It would be his sixth year at PSU.

I have been fortunate to meet him several times and get to know him over the last several years. In April 2022 when we first met at an athletic event, he told me that he would win four national championships. He was true to his word.

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
Tom what are your thoughts in Bartlett coming back. Log jam at 141-167 now.

Reactions: ElDuce

ElDuce

Oct 29, 2022
Beau vs Mendez reminds me of RBY vs DeSanto, aggressor lost on a late reshot. It'll be interesting to see if Beau can make adjustments.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Beau vs Mendez reminds me of RBY vs DeSanto, aggressor lost on a late reshot. It'll be interesting to see if Beau can make adjustments.
You read my mind. Beau and Cael/Casey may have a different approach to Mendez next season.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
That would make the most sense, assuming SVN recovery goes as planned.
Cael stated SNV was ahead of schedule during the middle of the season. Fully expect him to be at 100 percent at 149. Get Kerk back this team could very well be better then this past season. Crush the NCAA scoring record. Love to get Carter back as well. Would definitely be our best team in the Cael era

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Cael stated SNV was ahead of schedule during the middle of the season. Fully expect him to be at 100 percent at 149. Get Kerk back this team could very well be better then this past season. Crush the NCAA scoring record. Love to get Carter back as well. Would definitely be our best team in the Cael era
I think the best team of the Cael era just set the team scoring record. There were no holes in the lineup this season. Losing Brooks hurts. He was an automatic W every time he stepped on the mat. Same with Carter.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
I think the best team of the Cael era just set the team scoring record. There were no holes in the lineup this season. Losing Brooks hurts. He was an automatic W every time he stepped on the mat. Same with Carter.
Agree. Get Carter and Kerk back then we will have a darn good shot at breaking our NCAA breaking record. Gonna be fun.

Rock-man

Nov 27, 2021
Kerk's more important next year than Starocci. That being said, I'd sure be happy with both.
Does anyone know why Kerk didn't show up? I find that odd that he didn't attend the season awards banquet...

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Why? Bartlett looked great that match in deep twice, anticipate the roll, game over.
Because as you noted with RBY/DeSanto, they have seen Mendez’s game twice now. Adjustments will be made to put Beau in a better position to win. Mendez sits back and waits for Beau to shoot.

Reactions: ptomaselli

ElDuce

Oct 29, 2022
Because as you noted with RBY/DeSanto, they have seen Mendez’s game twice now. Adjustments will be made to put Beau in a better position to win. Mendez sits back and waits for Beau to shoot.
DeSanto had deep shots on RBY several times, yet he could not finish, RBY waited for the moment then countered, DeSanto never adjusted to the game plan put forth by Cael and RBY, Beau needs not to fall in the same trap

Reactions: LB99

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
DeSanto had deep shots on RBY several times, yet he could not finish, RBY waited for the moment then countered, DeSanto never adjusted to the game plan put forth by Cael and RBY, Beau needs not to fall in the same trap
Exactly. We are in agreement.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Disagree can't even remotely compare the two matches. Bartlett was in much better position to win the second match.
It’s not about comparing the two matches. It’s about adjusting to what the opponent is doing and overcoming it.

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
It’s not about comparing the two matches. It’s about adjusting to what the opponent is doing and overcoming it.
Again why? Bartlett looked great. Controlled the match. Verge of match winning takedown, gave up takedown on some desperation foward roll. PSU wrestles have been known to catch guys mid rolls and pin them. Starocci finals last year and Haines this year in the tournament. Bartlett had a great game plan. All he had to do was execute the game plan he had.

ElDuce

Oct 29, 2022
Again why? Bartlett looked great. Controlled the match. Verge of match winning takedown, gave up takedown on some desperation foward roll. PSU wrestles have been known to catch guys mid rolls and pin them. Starocci finals last year and Haines this year in the tournament. Bartlett had a great game plan. All he had to do was execute the game plan he had.

DeSanto looked great. Controlled the match. Verge of match winning takedown,.....

StickEm

Oct 30, 2021
If Beau keeps Mendez from getting hip separation needed to hit that winning roll, Beau gets the TD and wins.

Reactions: WV lion