Becht Running

PSUForever

All-Conference
Feb 17, 2007
1,976
1,993
113
He ran 10 times for 23 yards and one run was for 19 yards.

How many of these were designed runs or was he scrambling away from pressure?

How come he was not gaining anything?

I think we should make a concerted effort to run him more but if he can't do anything running then no, but I thought he had some mobility. It seems that if we could scheme some designed runs for him to keep the D guessing and not have all the load for the ground game on the RBs that will help us.

I did not see the game thanks to the ridiculousness that is Peacock so perhaps we really tried to do this and failed miserably. Was Wisky's run defense that good that we could not gain anything with Becht running?
 

LMTLION

All-Conference
Mar 20, 2008
2,055
4,142
112
He ran 10 times for 23 yards and one run was for 19 yards.

How many of these were designed runs or was he scrambling away from pressure?

How come he was not gaining anything?

I think we should make a concerted effort to run him more but if he can't do anything running then no, but I thought he had some mobility. It seems that if we could scheme some designed runs for him to keep the D guessing and not have all the load for the ground game on the RBs that will help us.

I did not see the game thanks to the ridiculousness that is Peacock so perhaps we really tried to do this and failed miserably. Was Wisky's run defense that good that we could not gain anything with Becht running?
He had a couple nice runs, and it’s definitely a feature of his game, but he’s no Trace either in that ability. I don’t think he’s built as thick as trace either, so there may be more of an injury concern with Becht. The college QB rushing statistics are more difficult to assess because sacks count as negative yards.
 

Ram20

All-Conference
Jul 29, 2013
632
1,292
93
Im not opposed to running him I guess, but its always been a sign that our offense isnt working optimally. Franklin turned stevens, levis, Clifford and even Allar into battering rams. Its a nice wrinkle to a good offense, but if we are relying on becht winning us a big ten championship with his legs, I think we are doomed.
 

PSUForever

All-Conference
Feb 17, 2007
1,976
1,993
113
Im not opposed to running him I guess, but its always been a sign that our offense isnt working optimally. Franklin turned stevens, levis, Clifford and even Allar into battering rams. Its a nice wrinkle to a good offense, but if we are relying on becht winning us a big ten championship with his legs, I think we are doomed.
At this point a B10 championship is not even remotely a reality so I am just focused on NW and what kind of edge can we gain to possibly win.

Indiana totally gashed NW in the run game. Their #1 RB went down in the first quarter and their second guy ran for over 200 yards. I'm sure Indiana's O-Line is better than ours but NW was really struggling in their run defense.

On NW in general, don't get me wrong, I think NW is a solid team but Indiana was horrible on D in the second half and Chiles played the game of his life . Maybe he is vastly improved and that is what the norm is for him but I doubt he will be that hot against us. He was like 20-23 in the 2nd half of that game. His spectacular play combined with Indiana being off on D that game greatly contributed to that game being so close.

Back to Becht's running. It would be a good wrinkle if we could have some designed runs for him and it actually be a weapon for us. With no Howard, we are obviously limited with offensive weapons so Becht's legs could give us some life.

It is hard to tell how the plays went when Becht ran because I am just looking at the play by play. Out of the 10 plays, I think one was a sack, he fumbled on one and one he was thrown for a 3 yard loss. There is one
described as a 2yd loss but an offsides on Wisky so that may have been the reason. Then he had a two yard run then a 3 yd run for the TD. Obviously the 19 yard run.

I would not give up on Becht running, rather make an effort to call his number at least 10-12 times especially since NW's run defense was not good vs Indiana.
 

Erial_Lion

All-American
Nov 1, 2021
4,243
5,039
113
He ran 10 times for 23 yards and one run was for 19 yards.

How many of these were designed runs or was he scrambling away from pressure?

How come he was not gaining anything?

I think we should make a concerted effort to run him more but if he can't do anything running then no, but I thought he had some mobility. It seems that if we could scheme some designed runs for him to keep the D guessing and not have all the load for the ground game on the RBs that will help us.

I did not see the game thanks to the ridiculousness that is Peacock so perhaps we really tried to do this and failed miserably. Was Wisky's run defense that good that we could not gain anything with Becht running?
A couple of the runs were sacks (which also knocks off sone yards), a couple were at the goal line (including the rushing TD), one was a couple yard gain for a 1st down. He’s not a really dynamic runner, but certainly can keep the chains moving with his legs in the right spots.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bbrown

PSUForever

All-Conference
Feb 17, 2007
1,976
1,993
113
A couple of the runs were sacks (which also knocks off sone yards), a couple were at the goal line (including the rushing TD), one was a couple yard gain for a 1st down. He’s not a really dynamic runner, but certainly can keep the chains moving with his legs in the right spots.
That is what I'm thinking. His runs can be utilized to keep the chains moving and keep the D off balance a bit. If he never runs then there is no threat which lets the D off the hook since he has the ability to run.
 

Ram20

All-Conference
Jul 29, 2013
632
1,292
93
For his legs to matter, we are going to have to be better on 1st down. Campbell mentioned yesterday how long our 3rd downs were against Wisconsin because we were in no flow and had little progress on 1st downs.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bbrown

rudedude

Heisman
Sep 28, 2002
9,048
17,712
113
Peoples needs to get the bulk of the carries. He has the most explosiveness that I have seen. Hansen does lot have it. We have to do much better on first downs also and realize that Brahmer is still on the team and get him more targets too. Offense needs to step up this week.
 

m.knox

All-American
Aug 20, 2003
5,202
5,177
113
Peoples needs to get the bulk of the carries. He has the most explosiveness that I have seen. Hansen does lot have it. We have to do much better on first downs also and realize that Brahmer is still on the team and get him more targets too. Offense needs to step up this week.

That's an understatement for sure.
 

RochLion

Senior
Jun 3, 2001
625
952
93
Peoples needs to get the bulk of the carries. He has the most explosiveness that I have seen. Hansen does lot have it. We have to do much better on first downs also and realize that Brahmer is still on the team and get him more targets too. Offense needs to step up this week.
Yep. Peoples is the only one I've seen that can create his own openings. Quinton has at times. Much like with Kaytron and Singleton, Kaytron was able to create plays whereas Singleton had to rely on the OLine creating holes most of the time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bbrown

olelion

Senior
Jun 10, 2001
2,743
927
113
At this point a B10 championship is not even remotely a reality so I am just focused on NW and what kind of edge can we gain to possibly win.

Indiana totally gashed NW in the run game. Their #1 RB went down in the first quarter and their second guy ran for over 200 yards. I'm sure Indiana's O-Line is better than ours but NW was really struggling in their run defense.

On NW in general, don't get me wrong, I think NW is a solid team but Indiana was horrible on D in the second half and Chiles played the game of his life . Maybe he is vastly improved and that is what the norm is for him but I doubt he will be that hot against us. He was like 20-23 in the 2nd half of that game. His spectacular play combined with Indiana being off on D that game greatly contributed to that game being so close.

Back to Becht's running. It would be a good wrinkle if we could have some designed runs for him and it actually be a weapon for us. With no Howard, we are obviously limited with offensive weapons so Becht's legs could give us some life.

It is hard to tell how the plays went when Becht ran because I am just looking at the play by play. Out of the 10 plays, I think one was a sack, he fumbled on one and one he was thrown for a 3 yard loss. There is one
described as a 2yd loss but an offsides on Wisky so that may have been the reason. Then he had a two yard run then a 3 yd run for the TD. Obviously the 19 yard run.

I would not give up on Becht running, rather make an effort to call his number at least 10-12 times especially since NW's run defense was not good vs Indiana.
I find it hard to believe that PSU is favored in this game
 
  • Like
Reactions: BUFFALO LION

JoePaMajorCFBrecord409Ws

All-Conference
Jun 26, 2025
1,092
1,114
113
For his legs to matter, we are going to have to be better on 1st down. Campbell mentioned yesterday how long our 3rd downs were against Wisconsin because we were in no flow and had little progress on 1st downs.

that's a bit of a tautology. PSU's offense sucked on every down which is why we were consistently in 3rd-&-long situations. We sucked on 3rd no different than any other down including 4th.
 

Ram20

All-Conference
Jul 29, 2013
632
1,292
93
that's a bit of a tautology. PSU's offense sucked on every down which is why we were consistently in 3rd-&-long situations. We sucked on 3rd no different than any other down including 4th.
Yeah, fair point. I guess i was sort of hoping with this new staff we'd have a competent and multiple offense thus not requiring we run QB draws making our qb susceptible to injury, but i guess the more things change the more they stay the same.
 

PSUForever

All-Conference
Feb 17, 2007
1,976
1,993
113
I find it hard to believe that PSU is favored in this game
It has dropped from like 6 or 7 to 2.5 after our loss. The assumption on why we are still favored is the bettors are thinking we have to improve on offense and cannot be this anemic again. Agree or disagree but that is why. I think there also is still a question about how good is NW. They played well against Indiana but how good is Indiana/did Indiana have an "off day" defensively and NW did get gashed in the run game.
 

bbrown

Heisman
Jul 26, 2001
15,283
30,832
113
He ran 10 times for 23 yards and one run was for 19 yards.

How many of these were designed runs or was he scrambling away from pressure?

How come he was not gaining anything?

I think we should make a concerted effort to run him more but if he can't do anything running then no, but I thought he had some mobility. It seems that if we could scheme some designed runs for him to keep the D guessing and not have all the load for the ground game on the RBs that will help us.

I did not see the game thanks to the ridiculousness that is Peacock so perhaps we really tried to do this and failed miserably. Was Wisky's run defense that good that we could not gain anything with Becht running?
He had a couple of good runs but I don't think he's the runner that we or at least I was led to believe. Frankly I think Trace, Clifford and Allar all might have been better, especially Trace.
He also seemed to panic a little more than we saw in the first 3 games but I also don't think the OL was very good in this game.
 

bbrown

Heisman
Jul 26, 2001
15,283
30,832
113
At this point a B10 championship is not even remotely a reality so I am just focused on NW and what kind of edge can we gain to possibly win.

Indiana totally gashed NW in the run game. Their #1 RB went down in the first quarter and their second guy ran for over 200 yards. I'm sure Indiana's O-Line is better than ours but NW was really struggling in their run defense.

On NW in general, don't get me wrong, I think NW is a solid team but Indiana was horrible on D in the second half and Chiles played the game of his life . Maybe he is vastly improved and that is what the norm is for him but I doubt he will be that hot against us. He was like 20-23 in the 2nd half of that game. His spectacular play combined with Indiana being off on D that game greatly contributed to that game being so close.

Back to Becht's running. It would be a good wrinkle if we could have some designed runs for him and it actually be a weapon for us. With no Howard, we are obviously limited with offensive weapons so Becht's legs could give us some life.

It is hard to tell how the plays went when Becht ran because I am just looking at the play by play. Out of the 10 plays, I think one was a sack, he fumbled on one and one he was thrown for a 3 yard loss. There is one
described as a 2yd loss but an offsides on Wisky so that may have been the reason. Then he had a two yard run then a 3 yd run for the TD. Obviously the 19 yard run.

I would not give up on Becht running, rather make an effort to call his number at least 10-12 times especially since NW's run defense was not good vs Indiana.
You and I saw the same thing with the NW Defense. I'm also hearing they have some secondary injuries and may miss the game.
I'll go back to what people were saying pre Buffalo, if we cant get a ground game going against NW we are in trouble.
But its also going to depend on Becht. He's got to pull a 180 cause he was just flat out bad and if he isn't hitting anything then NW will be back to 8-9 guys in the box.
Chiles can be a problem. He is so streaky but when he is on he's very good.
They also have a very good TE (he may also miss) and a very good WR and it looks like they've gone to a triple option type offense :oops: .
I still have no idea of what to expect from our team and coaches because both are going to have to be much better than last Saturday.
 

PSUForever

All-Conference
Feb 17, 2007
1,976
1,993
113
Yeah, fair point. I guess i was sort of hoping with this new staff we'd have a competent and multiple offense thus not requiring we run QB draws making our qb susceptible to injury, but i guess the more things change the more they stay the same.
But first down is the down that sets the tone for the drive. 2nd and 9 is different and more difficult than 2nd and 5 or 4 or 3. So faced with 2nd and long the plays are not going to be as successful leading to difficult 3rd down and long conversion attempts. It all flows from 1st down. We never ran Becht on first down.

Becht's running plays with down and distance:

-2nd & goal at Wisky 3 (fumble, 2 yd loss, Wisky offsides)
-2nd and 4 at Wisky 5 (2 yard gain)
-3rd and 2 at Wisky 3 (3 yard TD run)
-2nd and 9 at PSU 28 (4 yard sack)
-3rd and 2 at Wisky 46 (2 yd gain for 1st down)
-3rd and 9 at Wisky 43 (19 yard gain)
-2nd and 15 at Wisky 29 (3 yard gain)
-2nd and 9 at PSU 13 (3 yard loss)
-2nd and 10 at PSU 45 (1 yard loss fumble recovered by Becht)
2nd and 10 at PSU 25 (6 yard gain)

I think there is an opportunity to run him on first down at least once in the game or twice. At the very least it may catch NW by surprise because I am sure they will know we don't run him much on first down. He is not going to turn into Kaytron Allen or even Trace but we need to have him get some production running the ball.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: LMTLION and bbrown

PSUForever

All-Conference
Feb 17, 2007
1,976
1,993
113
You and I saw the same thing with the NW Defense. I'm also hearing they have some secondary injuries and may miss the game.
I'll go back to what people were saying pre Buffalo, if we cant get a ground game going against NW we are in trouble.
But its also going to depend on Becht. He's got to pull a 180 cause he was just flat out bad and if he isn't hitting anything then NW will be back to 8-9 guys in the box.
Chiles can be a problem. He is so streaky but when he is on he's very good.
They also have a very good TE (he may also miss) and a very good WR and it looks like they've gone to a triple option type offense :oops: .
I still have no idea of what to expect from our team and coaches because both are going to have to be much better than last Saturday.
Becht needs to improve for sure as does the entire offense.

Two questions:
-How much will Becht and this offense improve? Give them a 2 out of 10 vs Wisky.

-Will there be any drop off in Chiles's play from the 2nd half of Indiana? I would rate his play probably a 9 or 10 out of 10 in that 2nd half.

You would think we (Becht) could and will improve on offense and if Chiles is streaky then he can't sustain his Mahomes level of play. Although he does have Chip Kelly and the great Jerry Neuheisel coaching him up.
 

Efejle

All-Conference
Apr 30, 2023
1,233
2,538
113
He ran 10 times for 23 yards and one run was for 19 yards.

How many of these were designed runs or was he scrambling away from pressure?

How come he was not gaining anything?

I think we should make a concerted effort to run him more but if he can't do anything running then no, but I thought he had some mobility. It seems that if we could scheme some designed runs for him to keep the D guessing and not have all the load for the ground game on the RBs that will help us.

I did not see the game thanks to the ridiculousness that is Peacock so perhaps we really tried to do this and failed miserably. Was Wisky's run defense that good that we could not gain anything with Becht running?

Actually I am wondering if he is playing hurt. I don't know If he has recovered from that oblique injury. He has no torque on the ball which is the reason for all these balloons he's throwing on long balls
 
  • Like
Reactions: LionJim

Efejle

All-Conference
Apr 30, 2023
1,233
2,538
113
Remember Terrelle Pryor? His motion looks similar, it results in balloons on the longest throws. He's ok on the intermediate levels but anything more than 25 yards down field has been balloons. That's a direct result of an oblique injury
 
  • Like
Reactions: LionJim

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,577
22,770
113
Remember Terrelle Pryor? His motion looks similar, it results in balloons on the longest throws. He's ok on the intermediate levels but anything more than 25 yards down field has been balloons. That's a direct result of an oblique injury
Yes, that would explain some things.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Efejle

FirstNine

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2023
1,385
4,510
113
Peoples needs to get the bulk of the carries. He has the most explosiveness that I have seen. Hansen does lot have it. We have to do much better on first downs also and realize that Brahmer is still on the team and get him more targets too. Offense needs to step up this week.
Hansen needs to embrace being a fullback and grow a mustache ala Milne and Whitman...
 
  • Like
Reactions: razpsu and bbrown

Rocco3

Junior
Mar 25, 2022
224
254
43
He ran 10 times for 23 yards and one run was for 19 yards.

How many of these were designed runs or was he scrambling away from pressure?

How come he was not gaining anything?

I think we should make a concerted effort to run him more but if he can't do anything running then no, but I thought he had some mobility. It seems that if we could scheme some designed runs for him to keep the D guessing and not have all the load for the ground game on the RBs that will help us.

I did not see the game thanks to the ridiculousness that is Peacock so perhaps we really tried to do this and failed miserably. Was Wisky's run defense that good that we could not gain anything with Becht running?
It's hard to run your QB against 7/9 guys in the box.
 

Catch1lion

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
4,246
7,212
113
At this point a B10 championship is not even remotely a reality so I am just focused on NW and what kind of edge can we gain to possibly win.

Indiana totally gashed NW in the run game. Their #1 RB went down in the first quarter and their second guy ran for over 200 yards. I'm sure Indiana's O-Line is better than ours but NW was really struggling in their run defense.

On NW in general, don't get me wrong, I think NW is a solid team but Indiana was horrible on D in the second half and Chiles played the game of his life . Maybe he is vastly improved and that is what the norm is for him but I doubt he will be that hot against us. He was like 20-23 in the 2nd half of that game. His spectacular play combined with Indiana being off on D that game greatly contributed to that game being so close.

Back to Becht's running. It would be a good wrinkle if we could have some designed runs for him and it actually be a weapon for us. With no Howard, we are obviously limited with offensive weapons so Becht's legs could give us some life.

It is hard to tell how the plays went when Becht ran because I am just looking at the play by play. Out of the 10 plays, I think one was a sack, he fumbled on one and one he was thrown for a 3 yard loss. There is one
described as a 2yd loss but an offsides on Wisky so that may have been the reason. Then he had a two yard run then a 3 yd run for the TD. Obviously the 19 yard run.

I would not give up on Becht running, rather make an effort to call his number at least 10-12 times especially since NW's run defense was not good vs Indiana.
Chiles dad out the balm on , and it was off to the races .
 

94LionsFan

Senior
Sep 27, 2023
241
450
63
Actually I am wondering if he is playing hurt. I don't know If he has recovered from that oblique injury. He has no torque on the ball which is the reason for all these balloons he's throwing on long balls
You’d hope the staff would have picked up on any lingering effects of that injury before bringing him to PSU…
 
  • Like
Reactions: LionJim

Nitt1300

Heisman
Nov 2, 2008
7,826
14,705
113
These guys were at Iowa State and not Ohio State for a reason. Don't expect miracles, because they are not going to be able to deliver them.
 

LMTLION

All-Conference
Mar 20, 2008
2,055
4,142
112
You and I saw the same thing with the NW Defense. I'm also hearing they have some secondary injuries and may miss the game.
I'll go back to what people were saying pre Buffalo, if we cant get a ground game going against NW we are in trouble.
But its also going to depend on Becht. He's got to pull a 180 cause he was just flat out bad and if he isn't hitting anything then NW will be back to 8-9 guys in the box.
Chiles can be a problem. He is so streaky but when he is on he's very good.
They also have a very good TE (he may also miss) and a very good WR and it looks like they've gone to a triple option type offense :oops: .
I still have no idea of what to expect from our team and coaches because both are going to have to be much better than last Saturday.
Hopefully the real Rocco Becht makes the trip to Northwestern. I don’t know who played this past Saturday, but it wasn’t him. It was some mutant version and the worst QB play we’ve seen in a while, which is saying something as we’ve seen bad.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bbrown and LionJim

LMTLION

All-Conference
Mar 20, 2008
2,055
4,142
112
Actually I am wondering if he is playing hurt. I don't know If he has recovered from that oblique injury. He has no torque on the ball which is the reason for all these balloons he's throwing on long balls
I have wondered the same thing. I actually wonder if he realized early on in the Wisconsin game that he didn’t have “it,”and that messed up his confidence the rest of the game. He just looked terrible. The podcast from BWI stated the other day that he is 1 for 14 on Long balls over 20 yards outside the numbers this year, and that includes 0-7 vs Wisconsin - so the problem has persisted the whole year. Koby covered up a lot of the problem overall with Rocco in those first three games by making difficult catches. Supposedly Rocco was remarkably better at those throws in prior years at ISU. My personal opinion is that he is not healthy. That’s the scariest possibility of them all because it’s not fixable.
 

pendal1

Senior
Apr 24, 2003
6,676
903
113
Hopefully the real Rocco Becht makes the trip to Northwestern. I don’t know who played this past Saturday, but it wasn’t him. It was some mutant version and the worst QB play we’ve seen in a while, which is saying something as we’ve seen bad.
He didn't play well but he wasn't alone. Donkoh has a bad game as did Riker. On many of the run plays Riker is not getting to the linebacker and that missed block is killing our run game. Riker is also too small and is getting bullied into the backfield on pass plays. I'm also not impressed with Buhr, the left guard.
And our tightends blocked like **** too including Rapp.
I also think our front seven is slow outside of Rohas. Ebel is terrible when he blitzes and struggles to cover outside runs or swing passes.
Our secondary is good outside of Neal.
I don't think the play calling helped Rocco. He was in a rhythm on the first series but then the combination of pressure and throwing sideline passes seemed to mess him up.
 

razpsu

Heisman
Jan 13, 2004
14,671
14,966
113
He had a couple of good runs but I don't think he's the runner that we or at least I was led to believe. Frankly I think Trace, Clifford and Allar all might have been better, especially Trace.
He also seemed to panic a little more than we saw in the first 3 games but I also don't think the OL was very good in this game.
Allar? Cmon man. The guy is a statue. I am surprised that Becht isnt used more in running and that he can actually run as well as we were led to believe.
 

razpsu

Heisman
Jan 13, 2004
14,671
14,966
113
Becht needs to improve for sure as does the entire offense.

Two questions:
-How much will Becht and this offense improve? Give them a 2 out of 10 vs Wisky.

-Will there be any drop off in Chiles's play from the 2nd half of Indiana? I would rate his play probably a 9 or 10 out of 10 in that 2nd half.

You would think we (Becht) could and will improve on offense and if Chiles is streaky then he can't sustain his Mahomes level of play. Although he does have Chip Kelly and the great Jerry Neuheisel coaching him up.
Chiles is the real deal. We better have Rojas up his b?! The whole game. Their defense especially run defense is poor.
 

PSUForever

All-Conference
Feb 17, 2007
1,976
1,993
113
Allar? Cmon man. The guy is a statue. I am surprised that Becht isnt used more in running and that he can actually run as well as we were led to believe.
Yes! Becht is better than Allar at running the ball. Allar had size but no speed or moves. Becht can be shifty.

I watched on replay every play that he "ran". Two were botched snaps/fumbles. We cannot have that again. A third was a sack.

The other 7 runs were pretty good, 19 yarder, picked up a 3rd and 2, scored a TD and on another goal line play right before his TD he almost scored and just got tripped up.

He has some moves and decent speed. We definitely need to test their D with some Becht designed runs. I would say 10-12 plays drawn up for him to run.
 

leinbacker

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
2,524
4,046
113
I would not give up on Becht running, rather make an effort to call his number at least 10-12 times especially since NW's run defense was not good vs Indiana.

Don't worry, against Penn State, NW's run defense will play like the Steel Curtain.
 

leinbacker

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
2,524
4,046
113
I find it hard to believe that PSU is favored in this game


Betting lines are about money distribution, not game outcome or quality of the team. More people will bet on Penn State than Northwestern so they skew the line to Penn State to entice bets to NW.
 

razpsu

Heisman
Jan 13, 2004
14,671
14,966
113
Yes! Becht is better than Allar at running the ball. Allar had size but no speed or moves. Becht can be shifty.

I watched on replay every play that he "ran". Two were botched snaps/fumbles. We cannot have that again. A third was a sack.

The other 7 runs were pretty good, 19 yarder, picked up a 3rd and 2, scored a TD and on another goal line play right before his TD he almost scored and just got tripped up.

He has some moves and decent speed. We definitely need to test their D with some Becht designed runs. I would say 10-12 plays drawn up for him to run.
Yes but i always like the spontaneous runs better as they give more yardage. If it is there then run. Chiles will do that this week.
 

K-Live

All-Conference
Oct 6, 2021
953
2,510
93
These guys were at Iowa State and not Ohio State for a reason. Don't expect miracles, because they are not going to be able to deliver them.
I think this is probably the best advice to consider for the rest of the season. We all got caught up in the excitement of change and that lead to unrealistic expetations that CMC and the new ISU players would somehow step in and become 5stars and immediately pull us out of the funk of last season. After the sting the the Wisky game (which I still feel was and should have been a W), I am now resigned to the fact that this is likely a 6-6/7-5 team and hoepefully the coaching staff if able to recruit and pull in portal transfers that improve the overall talent
 

Bvillebaron

All-Conference
Feb 4, 2004
3,231
3,168
113
For his legs to matter, we are going to have to be better on 1st down. Campbell mentioned yesterday how long our 3rd downs were against Wisconsin because we were in no flow and had little progress on 1st downs.
Then maybe he should re-think running Hansen between the tackles frequently on first down.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ram20
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football There's no one fix but Penn State's Run Game Problems Trace Back to the Left Side of the Line
  2. 02 BWI Football Here's how Chip Kelly Broke The Penn State defense. Can other teams replicate it?
  3. 03 BWI Football In July, Pat Kraft thought Penn State was "poised to have a really exciting year." So far, it's been anything but
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State Defensive Film Thread: Reviewing the Gory Details of a 400-Yard Rushing Performance
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State has an identity problem. Matt Campbell knows fixing it starts with him