Ben transfering?

codeDawg

Nov 13, 2007
For what it is worth, someone told me that Ben's father told them that Ben is transferring after this year. This person has little interest in this happing one way or the other, and even less interest in just making it up, but still I doubt it. It's likely just talk or a misunderstanding. Why transfer out at this point and lose a year of eligibility?

codeDawg

Nov 13, 2007
For what it is worth, someone told me that Ben's father told them that Ben is transferring after this year. This person has little interest in this happing one way or the other, and even less interest in just making it up, but still I doubt it. It's likely just talk or a misunderstanding. Why transfer out at this point and lose a year of eligibility?

oem

Feb 23, 2008
codeDawg said:

</p>Ask the Delks.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I have heard through a family member of Ben's that he was very close to transferring last year because he felt Stansbury did not have control of the team but he ended up sticking it out. He also said that ben's dad is not a fan of Stansbury but Ben decided he wanted to stay. I would think that with the playing time he is getting and with a couple of players leaving this year he would get plenty of time next year, but who knows

hotdigitydog

May 21, 2007
him wanting to go would be to UNC so he could play with big brother. However, that presents two obstacles in that Tyler may very well go pro and secondly even if by some chance Tyler stays and UNC would take Ben, he would be sitting out Tyler's senior season and wouldn't get to play with him anyway.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
If he would have left last year it would have been for Missouri

williecunningham

Mar 3, 2008
hotdigitydog said:
him wanting to go would be to UNC so he could play with big brother. However, that presents two obstacles in that Tyler may very well go pro and secondly even if by some chance Tyler stays and UNC would take Ben, he would be sitting out Tyler's senior season and wouldn't get to play with him anyway.

</p>There are plenty of places for him to transfer to other than UNC. He sure as hell can't play there anyway. Maybe he doesn't like MSU. Maybe he sees that Stansbury is recruiting over him with Bost and a couple of other G's Stansbury's in on. He would not be a big loss - not nearly as big as losing the Delks. And when was the last time somebody missed those two?

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
williecunningham said:
hotdigitydog said:
There are plenty of places for him to transfer to other than UNC. He sure as hell can't play there anyway. Maybe he doesn't like MSU. Maybe he sees that Stansbury is recruiting over him with Bost and a couple of other G's Stansbury's in on. He would not be a big loss - not nearly as big as losing the Delks. And when was the last time somebody missed those two?

Hansbrough wouldn't be a big loss? Really?
</p>

hotdigitydog

May 21, 2007
playing time and experience hurts. Yes, he's had his ups and downs, but he's a good player. Get for real, man...........

williecunningham

Mar 3, 2008
hotdigitydog said:
playing time and experience hurts. Yes, he's had his ups and downs, but he's a good player. Get for real, man...........

</p>Yes I am serious. MSU basketball will be fine with or without him.

Sutterkane

Jan 23, 2007
true freshman bost?
inexperienced R Johnson?

all of that is assuming we get Hopson to take Gordon's numbers.

If Ben transfers and Gordon goes pro, we're losing 3 starters next year and we'll be lucky to make the tournament. Young Stansbury teams generally make too many mistakes. We'd make it back by 2010, but next year would be out. With Ben starting, we have good experience and nice young depth at guard. Without him, we'd be looking at Stewart as our only experienced guard.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Stansbury actually has a very young team this year. take away Rhodes and Gordon and we are playing mainly with a bunch of Freshmens and Sophomores

thatlonghairedguy

Apr 14, 2006
since, I think she might have a place in The Jewel she frequently stays at.</p>

</p>

the player leaving this year would be Kodi Augustus.</p>

</p>

...tell your buddy to quit saying stupid ****.</p>

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
Well, I could see this happen if we land Hopson and Jamont stays. That means that Barry or Ben would be the 6th man. Of course, the first two are big if's.

Jan 13, 2008
well, if ben leaves, to me that says he knows hopson is coming. Ben would start next year for sure. If we go with plan b after hopson, I don't see why he would leave.

Buffard Tannen

Mar 8, 2008
Just to clarify something with the whole Ben situation, I know their family well, and their dad has tried to get him to transfer back to missouri since last year, but obviously it's not going to happen. I would have to say it would be as smart as someone giving Willy Wonka a chocolate bar for his birthday for Ben to do that.

SnakePlissken

Feb 24, 2008
Ben and his mom live around the corner from my parents and she put the house up for sale back January if I remember correctly. I do hope it isn't a sign that Ben is transferring but perhaps his mom has just decided to move from Starkville and let Ben get an apt?

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
MO didn't offer him out of high school. They did, on the other hand, offer Tyler and are still pissed about not getting him.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I was told that ben and randy had a place together this year. Or at least he thought they did.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
We lose the South Carolina game without him, no other way to say that. He hit some big shots in OT versus Vandy. He had a good performance against Florida. He is a high energy guy on defense as well. He will be a JR next year that played since day one. That would be a huge loss, especially when combined with the loss of C-Rhodes and the potential loss of Jamont.

PineGroveBully

Nov 13, 2007
After Tyler signed with UNC pretty much all the recruiters vanished. The only two scholarship offers Ben got out of high school were State and Southern Illinois Salukis. He looks like he has too much fun playing where he is to be seriously thinking about transfering.

muddawgs33

Aug 28, 2007
He would not be a big loss - not nearly as big as losing the Delks. And when was the last time somebody missed those two?
I miss them. I was one of the one's saying last year that I didn't think we would miss them, but guess what, we did. Granted we are playing good basketball right now, but I think we could have been a 2 or 3 seed in the tourney with those guys or even a 1. I mean do you know what this team could have done with some damn experienced depth. Alot of our early losses were because of no experienced depth. And if Ben leaves, we will miss him. He is a hardnosed player that brings the kind of energy to the floor that can fire a team up. But I guess you are counting on Benock getting alot better and Ravern actually not getting lost on defense and Hopson (if we even get him) actually being the real deal. I don't know about you but I like betting on a for sure thing and with Hans., you know what you are going to get. He's avg. 32 mins a game and we won't miss him.

gtowndawg

Jan 23, 2007
why does the Dad want Ben to transfer so bad? Is it a stans thing? Or, he just wants him closer to home? Surely, it's not the home thing, because I'm sure he hasn't asked Tyler to transfer to be closer to home.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006