Best band you saw at USC Student Ctr. Bar (mid 1970's) before it closed

Legalsizecock

Joined Aug 1, 2000 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
The Police played the Russell House on October 11th 1979. I missed it because it was the year before my freshman year. I heard from some dorm mates who attended said it was great. Anyone attend?
Saw The Police that night. They were starting to trend but the crowd was small. They were great , of course. My roommate, who was short, went to stand on his fold up chair, fell and badly hurt himself.
We told him to tough it out down there until concert ended. He did, and understood our position. Think we bought him a beer at the Spur for his troubles. Probably set us back $0.50 max at that time.

Reactions: Stock Cock

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
I was at the Hall and Oates show. Since I was working for a radio station at the time I had an invite for the after party. It was in a hotel room Hall and Oates stayed in the bathroom most of the time. They did eventually wander thru the party guests to say hello.

Prestonite

Feb 1, 2022
I was there as well. Around the release of "Idlewild South" album. Great show and sound!

USCrbCOCK

Joined Dec 7, 2006 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 19, 2022
Ok guys I was at USC from 1978-1982.
Im assuming a lot of these concerts y'all are remembering like Linda Ronstadt/Jimmy Buffett/Hall n Oates were before 1978?
@Cockymom - Had to be…because I was there same years as you and I would NOT have missed those.

WildWes

Jan 22, 2022
Saw The Police that night. They were starting to trend but the crowd was small. They were great , of course. My roommate, who was short, went to stand on his fold up chair, fell and badly hurt himself.
We told him to tough it out down there until concert ended. He did, and understood our position. Think we bought him a beer at the Spur for his troubles. Probably set us back $0.50 max at that time.
Thanks for sharing! I know someone on this site had attended.