Big loss for MBB next year

Abush

Jan 31, 2022
Incoming freshman Trent Noah was released of his NLI today. I'm assuming UK or Louisville came swooping in and offered him a lot of money to stay in-state.

Big loss for our perimeter shooting.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Ouch. After Calipari left and players starting jumping ship from UK, there was a social media push by some UK fans to go after Noah. He wasn't highly regarded enough for Cal to go after, but with all the players leaving they have holes to fill and hard for a Kentucky boy to turn down UK, if that is what is happening.

Reactions: rhewredi

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
maybe add a shooter form the portal now. We have most everything we need so it never hurts to add a great shooter.

Reactions: bcaldw01

RUMMENIGGE

Jan 31, 2022
maybe add a shooter form the portal now. We have most everything we need so it never hurts to add a great shooter.
South Carolina needs to be build a foundation with high school recruits and not become heavily dependent on the portal.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Not to rationalize the loss, but if Paris has his other pieces in place, this should not be a HUGE loss. He was a consensus 3*, and I don't think Calipari even offered him and his overall offer list was so-so. It's not likely he'd even be on UK's radar at this point if their roster hadn't been gutted following Calipari's departure.

My main point: Hopefully our success this season does not depend on a 3* true freshman. Again, if Lamont has the other pieces in place, this should be a manageable loss.

Abush

Jan 31, 2022
The biggest part of the loss is his elite 3pt shooting.

I have faith we'll find a veteran portal piece like we did last year, but we won't find the same shooter's touch. Those guys all raked in the NIL bucks already. Maybe we'll find someone efficient like Ta'Lon. He wouldn't shoot the lights out, but he was efficient when he shot the ball.

Spinal Tap

Jan 22, 2022

Noah finished his high school career scoring 3,707 points, which is the fifth most in KHSAA history. As a junior at Harlan County, the 6-foot-6, 200-pounder averaged 26.5 points and 12.8 rebounds per game. He totaled 821 points while connecting on 66 three-point attempts.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022

I have faith we'll find a veteran portal piece like we did last year, but we won't find the same shooter's touch. Those guys all raked in the NIL bucks already. Maybe we'll find someone efficient like Ta'Lon. He wouldn't shoot the lights out, but he was efficient when he shot the ball.
Yep, I had already christened his 3pt shot - Noah's Arc

gsb16

Feb 7, 2022
I understand wanting to stay close to home. Hope he has a great career wherever he goes. And then, in a year or two, he might want to play for SC again. We're in that kind of situation with the portal.

LP does not need to find a replacement. We have enough guys for next year.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
South Carolina needs to be build a foundation with high school recruits and not become heavily dependent on the portal.
We are especially with the in-state players. If you notice, I think all of the portal additions have some sort of in-state connection. We got back Cam Scott in a similar fashion to what is occurring with Noah I think. So, you can't complain too much.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Also goes to show how much a NLI means in today's world of college sports.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Not to rationalize the loss, but if Paris has his other pieces in place, this should not be a HUGE loss. He was a consensus 3*, and I don't think Calipari even offered him and his overall offer list was so-so. It's not likely he'd even be on UK's radar at this point if their roster hadn't been gutted following Calipari's departure.

My main point: Hopefully our success this season does not depend on a 3* true freshman. Again, if Lamont has the other pieces in place, this should be a manageable loss.
You're right. Actually getting Cam Scott back was going to eat into the minutes of Noah. I, also, like the Ugusuk kid as a combo guard. He flashed in a couple big games for us. He just needs to get stronger and more consistent. We already have Stute and Davis on the wing. Noah could have provided some spot minutes and shooting for us, but you can find that in the portal.

Mar 24, 2022
I wish that was the way it still was but looking around you see everybody going to the portal.I don’t like it but that’s 2024

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
We are alright. Don’t know at this point if we look in the portal or save the spot for next recruiting class, guess it depends on who’s left out their and if LP cam work some more magic

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
Sure, but Cam coming on board, got a big, got a PG, I think they’ll be alright. Now football, that’s another issue

Abush

Jan 31, 2022
We are alright. Don’t know at this point if we look in the portal or save the spot for next recruiting class, guess it depends on who’s left out their and if LP cam work some more magic

I don't think we should leave a scholarship open. We did that year one, and won 11 games.

Not saying there's a direct correlation, but the more talent you have on the roster, the better.

RUMMENIGGE

Jan 31, 2022
DAMMIT TO HELL

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
I have enough ill will for both of us, and unapologetically.
You shouldn't. That kid probably picked up a basketball to play for Kentucky and Calipari ignored him. New coach comes in and he has an opportunity. Would have liked for him to be a part of what we have going for him, but he is most likely fulfilling a dream. We will find someone else to fill his role.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
You shouldn't. That kid probably picked up a basketball to play for Kentucky and Calipari ignored him. New coach comes in and he has an opportunity. Would have liked for him to be a part of what we have going for him, but he is most likely fulfilling a dream. We will find someone else to fill his role.
A pox upon him.

Cockywilder

May 13, 2024
Kevin's not going to play," Kansas coach Bill Self told reporters this week. "Kevin says his knee pain has not subsided any and it's too bad for him to be able to contribute. So Kevin will not play so definitely it a big loose
A pox upon him.
someone like who to be precise or lemme say do you have anybody in mind

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Kevin's not going to play," Kansas coach Bill Self told reporters this week. "Kevin says his knee pain has not subsided any and it's too bad for him to be able to contribute. So Kevin will not play so definitely it a big loose

someone like who to be precise or lemme say do you have anybody in mind
The kid that switched to Kentucky. I won't dignify him be repeating his name.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
We shouldn't have this much angst over a 3* that de-committed. Not totally dismissing the loss, but our season should not hinge on a 3* true freshman. UK didn't even sniff him until their roster disintegrated following Calipari's departure. He was low-hanging fruit for them.

To reiterate, not saying it's not a loss, but if Lamont has taken care of everything else, this should not be a huge loss.

Reactions: muscleknight

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
We shouldn't have this much angst over a 3* that de-committed. Not totally dismissing the loss, but our season should not hinge on a 3* true freshman. UK didn't even sniff him until their roster disintegrated following Calipari's departure. He was low-hanging fruit for them.

To reiterate, not saying it's not a loss, but if Lamont has taken care of everything else, this should not be a huge loss.
I'm preloading my angst. The boy is 4-star 247-composite player and losing the next Jerry West is a preamble to Titanic-level disaster. Besides, we're in the dead news period.

Last edited:

RUMMENIGGE

Jan 31, 2022

I do not expect the three star to be a big contributor this upcoming season, but the following seasons I believe he could have really helped and carried the team from time to time.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I do not expect the three star to be a big contributor this upcoming season, but the following seasons I believe he could have really helped and carried the team from time to time.
Hopefully we can do well again this year and Lamont can keep building recruiting momentum so we won't really feel the impact of it.