Bigger game tomorrow

FreeDawg

All-Conference
Oct 6, 2010
4,097
1,091
98
Tomorrow is a bigger game for us, regardless of how much emotion is surrounding the game in Oxford.

Ole Miss could lose tomorrow and still reasonably be in the College Football Playoff picture. For us, a win puts us in position for a huge 2-game stand in Starkville.,

The emotions in Oxford are going to get all the attention, but for Mississippi State, tomorrow is about what comes immediately next. Mizzou & Bama has a chance to be the biggest home stand since 2014.
 

DAWGSANDSAINTS

All-Conference
Oct 10, 2022
3,349
3,048
113
Tomorrow is a bigger game for us, regardless of how much emotion is surrounding the game in Oxford.

Ole Miss could lose tomorrow and still reasonably be in the College Football Playoff picture. For us, a win puts us in position for a huge 2-game stand in Starkville.,

The emotions in Oxford are going to get all the attention, but for Mississippi State, tomorrow is about what comes immediately next. Mizzou & Bama has a chance to be the biggest home stand since 2014.
Agree
I’m excited for what could happen, but being very cautious about the what also could happen and telling myself not to get overly optimistic based on two games vs not so great competition.
 

Willow Grove Dawg

All-American
Nov 3, 2016
8,411
6,101
113
Mississippi State @ South Carolina is a big game because the coach that loses that game will be on the early hot seat.

LSU @ Ole Miss is a big game because the loser will struggle to make the CFP. 10-2 SEC teams will make the playoff. A 9-3 SEC can possibly make it, but it is not probable.
An Ole Miss loss tomorrow & they can only lose one more of @ Florida, @ Vandy, Missouri, @ Texas, Auburn, Georgia, @ Oklahoma, & Mississippi State. They would definitely be underdogs @ Texas & vs Georgia and might be an underdog @ Oklahoma & @ Florida.
LSU still has A & M, Kentucky, Mississippi State, @ Auburn, Alabama, Texas, @ Tennessee, & @ UPIG. LSU will probably be an underdog vs Alabama & Texas and possibly vs. A & M & @ Tennessee.
 
  • Like
Reactions: FreeDawg and HRMSU

OG Goat Holder

Heisman
Sep 30, 2022
14,142
12,997
113
Tomorrow is a bigger game for us, regardless of how much emotion is surrounding the game in Oxford.

Ole Miss could lose tomorrow and still reasonably be in the College Football Playoff picture. For us, a win puts us in position for a huge 2-game stand in Starkville.,

The emotions in Oxford are going to get all the attention, but for Mississippi State, tomorrow is about what comes immediately next. Mizzou & Bama has a chance to be the biggest home stand since 2014.
I think Ole Miss is done (and Pistol Pete) if they lose tomorrow. Just like we were done when Danny beat us in 2018. Hard to come back from that, especially at home.

Lot more losses on the schedule if they can’t win this one.
 

ckDOG

All-American
Dec 11, 2007
10,412
6,806
113
I don't have a strong feeling about win or loss tomorrow but if we are going to win I think it will be from us punching them in the mouth early having been battle tested already. They might have a marginally better roster top bottom but we've already gone on the road and whipped a solid opponent in the trenches. Do that again early and make them play from behind and we have a good shot at another solid road W tomorrow.
 

L4Dawg

All-American
Oct 27, 2016
11,775
8,220
113
Tomorrow is a huge game for us. If we are good enough to win it we have decent shot at at least .500, and maybe better. I have no real feel for how it will go. We have looked good so far, but I’m not sure how good Minnesota actually is. Monroe was pitiful. Win tomorrow and I’ll change my pessimistic tone a bit.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,453
31,663
113
I think Ole Miss is done (and Pistol Pete) if they lose tomorrow. Just like we were done when Danny beat us in 2018. Hard to come back from that, especially at home.

Lot more losses on the schedule if they can’t win this one.
Win or lose today, it’s gonna be hard for UM to be up for a tough road game next week at Florida.
 

FreeDawg

All-Conference
Oct 6, 2010
4,097
1,091
98
Ole Miss isn’t a playoff team this year.
I tend to agree but Trinidad Chambliss is a playoff QB. I think their issues are on defense but that guy has the ability to carry them to some wins on his own. When he got the ball with a minute and change vs UL, everyone knew what was about to happen.
 

Bulldawg77

All-American
Dec 1, 2019
4,058
7,477
108
I tend to agree but Trinidad Chambliss is a playoff QB. I think their issues are on defense but that guy has the ability to carry them to some wins on his own. When he got the ball with a minute and change vs UL, everyone knew what was about to happen.
Doesn’t have lane wiess or OL. I think he looks pedestrian tonight
 
  • Like
Reactions: FreeDawg

MSUDC11-2.0

Heisman
Sep 29, 2022
10,833
17,460
113
Nah, I don’t hink think their fans will be able to get over it if Kiffin walks into town and immediately beats them. However bad you think it was when Moorhead lost to Mullen, this would be worse than that.

We could really use a win today because our schedule is a bear and you need wins wherever you can find them if you are chasing 7 or 8 wins (which is our most likely ceiling for this year). I am not sure I would call today a must win, but it would put a lot more pressure on us to win the bulk of our SEC home games.

To put into context, if you lose today, you can’t get to 7 wins without beating one of Bama, Oklahoma, or Ole Miss. So today is big.
 

Bulldawg77

All-American
Dec 1, 2019
4,058
7,477
108
Of course you do. It’s your obsession.
My obsession. Really? Over the what last three days you have made it a point to post or reply to my post irregardless of subject. Might want to check the definition of obsession pal…Do I want ole miss to lose tonight. 17 yeah. Do I think they will. 17 yeah. What’s bad for them is good for us. That’s the way rivalry’s work. To have a take on the second biggest game of the day it’s not out of the realm on realism blue.
 

Bulldog from Birth

All-Conference
Jan 23, 2007
2,553
1,151
113
I think you have to say Ole Miss game is bigger. Feels like the classic 2nd tier playoff Bubble grouping in the SEC. Two teams that likely end up on the edge of playoff consideration, and this game is a huge leg up for one of them.
 

olblue

All-Conference
Aug 17, 2011
4,064
2,208
113
My obsession. Really? Over the what last three days you have made it a point to post or reply to my post irregardless of subject. Might want to check the definition of obsession pal…Do I want ole miss to lose tonight. 17 yeah. Do I think they will. 17 yeah. What’s bad for them is good for us. That’s the way rivalry’s work. To have a take on the second biggest game of the day it’s not out of the realm on realism blue.
Spin Spinning GIF by S4C
 

TheDawg-Pound

Senior
Dec 21, 2024
954
706
93
Nah, I don’t hink think their fans will be able to get over it if Kiffin walks into town and immediately beats them. However bad you think it was when Moorhead lost to Mullen, this would be worse than that.

We could really use a win today because our schedule is a bear and you need wins wherever you can find them if you are chasing 7 or 8 wins (which is our most likely ceiling for this year). I am not sure I would call today a must win, but it would put a lot more pressure on us to win the bulk of our SEC home games.

To put into context, if you lose today, you can’t get to 7 wins without beating one of Bama, Oklahoma, or Ole Miss. So today is big.
3 things.
1 it's interesting they say we're not their rival yet they boo us when our name comes/came up. I love how freeman turned around and gave a "are you serious" look.
2 the Florida game came down to the very end. We were working down the field at the end but Fitz took a delayed blitz to the face to end that game.
3 Oklahoma is beatable. I get what you're saying though.
 

BTCMoonBoy

Senior
Dec 4, 2024
711
630
93
I think you have to say Ole Miss game is bigger. Feels like the classic 2nd tier playoff Bubble grouping in the SEC. Two teams that likely end up on the edge of playoff consideration, and this game is a huge leg up for one of them.
Of course it’s bigger and ridiculous to even suggest it’s not
 

MSUDC11-2.0

Heisman
Sep 29, 2022
10,833
17,460
113
3 things.
1 it's interesting they say we're not their rival yet they boo us when our name comes/came up. I love how freeman turned around and gave a "are you serious" look.
2 the Florida game came down to the very end. We were working down the field at the end but Fitz took a delayed blitz to the face to end that game.
3 Oklahoma is beatable. I get what you're saying though.
I agree that we can beat OU but a loss today means the OU and Mizzou games closer to the must-win category if you want to win more than 5 or 6 games.
 
  • Like
Reactions: FreeDawg
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State sells out Davis Wade Stadium for 2nd week running
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Carries the Load?
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Q&A
  5. 05 Maroon and White Mississippi State’s Isaac Smith and Fluff Bothwell “Probable” on initial SEC availability report