Billy Strings

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
My respect for Billy increased when I saw this video of him discussing Brazilian tunes and Donna Lee by Charlie Parker. Dude is legit.

I knew he was legit when about 5-6 years ago Jimmy Herring was saying that kid is next level on the guitar. Jimmy has been around the block once or twice.

Reactions: ODShowtime

yeahtoasty

Oct 12, 2021
Saw him last August at "Bourbon and Beyond" in Louisville and again in December in Pittsburgh. Fantastic both times.

This is my favorite of his:

And if that's not your thing...

Reactions: LaJollaCreek

yeahtoasty

Oct 12, 2021
I may try to get to the BJC show. The boy has to be up there on August 5 for Blue Band, if I can talk him into going up a few days earlier then we'll take in the show.

Reactions: PSJimbo

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Zero interest, Tgar will also be in Scotland at the time as well, LOL. Tgar is going the BJC to see Kacey Musgraves at the beginning of September. Headed to Portland at the end of August for the Montavilla jazz festival and a record release as well at the 1905. Stoked.

Last edited:

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
I would love to see him in concert, but will be at my self imposed limit of two real concerts per year. Luke Combs in April at Beaver Stadium, and seeing Tyler Childers at the Pavilion at Star Lake on June 30th.

Reactions: A2nit and Tgar

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
I would love to see him in concert, but will be at my self imposed limit of two real concerts per year. Luke Combs in April at Beaver Stadium, and seeing Tyler Childers at the Pavilion at Star Lake on June 30th.
Yeah, TC was on my list for the summer at the shed but we will be in Meh He Co for a couple of days that long weekend, Then seeing Dead and Company ( Dead Forever ) a week later. I was also hoping to catch The Betts Allmann evening at the State Theater but will be in the Burgh so that’s also a no go. Some you see, some you don’t.

Reactions: Got GSPs

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
Yeah, TC was on my list for the summer at the shed but we will be in Meh He Co for a couple of days that long weekend, Then seeing Dead and Company ( Dead Forever ) a week later. I was also hoping to catch The Betts Allmann evening at the State Theater but will be in the Burgh so that’s also a no go. Some you see, some you don’t.
I saw Childers in concert last summer at Merriweather Post. It was an amazing show!

Reactions: Tgar

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
I saw Childers in concert last summer at Merriweather Post. It was an amazing show!
Yeah, I bet. He is on my list. Would love to see Billy Strings as well On this tour. There are several bands playing the mid state this summer I would like to see and the Sunday series at Tussey Mountain ski resort summer music series looks fun but alas, I will be out of town for the Wailers.

For those in the State College area, Johnstown has the FLOOD city Music Festival this summer ( July 26, 27 ) with Melvin Seals and JGB, Daniel Donato @LaJollaCreek Jerry Harrison and Adrian Belew, etc. and again, I believe I am out of town.

No complaints, you can’t be in two places at once but when I hear folks say there is nothing going on I know there is plenty if you look for it.

BTW, that drive to the Pavilion is brutal But it is one of the nicest places to see a show.

Last edited:

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
Yeah, I bet. He is on my list. Would love to see Billy Strings as well On this tour. There are several bands playing the mid state this summer I would like to see and the Sunday series at Tussey Mountain ski resort summer music series looks fun but alas, I will be out of town for the Wailers.

For those in the State College area, Johnstown has the FLOOD city Music Festival this summer ( July 26, 27 ) with Melvin Seals and JGB, Daniel Donato @LaJollaCreek Jerry Harrison and Adrian Belew, etc. and again, I believe I am out of town.

No complaints, you can’t be in two places at once but when I hear folks say there is nothing going on I know there is plenty if you look for it.

BTW, that drive to the Pavilion is brutal But it is one of the nicest places to see a show.
Why is the drive brutal? I've been to Pittsburgh plenty of times and this is just another hour, right?

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Why is the drive brutal? I've been to Pittsburgh plenty of times and this is just another hour, right?
Yes, I wish it was much closer to town. From our neighborhood in the South Hills it’s an hour if everything goes well. Traffic getting in can be brutal ( 2 hours to drive last mile last year for Dead and Company ) and parking Is less than ideal. Just not one of my favorite Outdoor venues. Hershey for instance, is so much smoother.

• Wow
Reactions: Got GSPs

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
Yes, I wish it was much closer to town. From our neighborhood in the South Hills it’s an hour if everything goes well. Traffic getting in can be brutal ( 2 hours to drive last mile last year for Dead and Company ) and parking Is less than ideal. Just not one of my favorite Outdoor venues. Hershey for instance, is so much smoother.
Hershey is literally the worst parking exit scenario I've ever experienced. I grew up there and know all the back roads but getting out of the parking lot is pure hell! I'm a little frightened by your comparisons it favorable to Star pavilion. Do you have any tips or suggestions to make the best of the parking and traffic? It's my first time seeing a concert there...

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Hershey is literally the worst parking exit scenario I've ever experienced. I grew up there and know all the back roads but getting out of the parking lot is pure hell! I'm a little frightened by your comparisons it favorable to Star pavilion. Do you have any tips or suggestions to make the best of the parking and traffic? It's my first time seeing a concert there...
Go early and park as close to the exit as possible. We typically get reserved parking which puts us past the first lots. It’s one lane in and one/ two lanes out. The walk to the pavilion Is short. Once inside, it is one of the better setups I have seen. It’s off of a two lane road and Andy and Barney are doing traffic control.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Why the limit? I’m at least 10 deep this year and seeing the reverend sat nite in French town.

Reactions: Tgar

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
Why the limit? I’m at least 10 deep this year and seeing the reverend sat nite in French town.
Because I don’t like large crowds of people of traffic jams associated with driving to and from events with large crowds. LOL Its also not cheap, my wife isn’t into live music as much and my friends don’t always like the same artists or at least enough to pay to see them in person.