Boathouse Row - Philadelphia

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
Has anyone ever rented the reception room at one of the boathouses? I'm planning a get together for about 50 people or so in Philadelphia and thought I'd check out the boathouses. If you've rented one I'd like to hear about your experience. I'm looking at other places as well, but the boathouses intrigue me.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Has anyone ever rented the reception room at one of the boathouses? I'm planning a get together for about 50 people or so in Philadelphia and thought I'd check out the boathouses. If you've rented one I'd like to hear about your experience. I'm looking at other places as well, but the boathouses intrigue me.

I can't directly answer your question, as I've never rented one of the boathouses. However, I've been in several of them for events where a friend rented the building. None of my friends complained about the experience afterwards, and as an attendee, I enjoyed each of the experiences (well, parking can be a bit of a pain).

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
I can't directly answer your question, as I've never rented one of the boathouses. However, I've been in several of them for events where a friend rented the building. None of my friends complained about the experience afterwards, and as an attendee, I enjoyed each of the experiences (well, parking can be a bit of a pain).
Thanks. I was wondering about parking, I'll have to investigate that for sure. Many of the guests will be from out-of-town so maybe I'll consider a shuttle from their hotels.

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
I have been to a few of them in the 80's but that was really just college students pretending they were at a frat and I don't remember what the houses were like inside.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tgar

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
I have been to a few of them in the 80's but that was really just college students pretending they were at a frat.
Yeah, was gonna say, when Tgar rowed for GW back in the day, Boathouse Row had a reputation for smelling like piss, vomit, beer and Cheetos. Of course, rowing for a young program we had no official boathouse to party in on the Potomac so just the ground surrounding the boat shed smelled like piss, vomit, beer and Cheetos.

Take Uber. On a warm evening, a Boathouse will be perfect. Have a great time and let us know how it went.

LBUfanatic

Nov 1, 2021
Has anyone ever rented the reception room at one of the boathouses? I'm planning a get together for about 50 people or so in Philadelphia and thought I'd check out the boathouses. If you've rented one I'd like to hear about your experience. I'm looking at other places as well, but the boathouses intrigue me
I’ve never done the boat houses but Cescaphe at the Water Works offers phenomenal river views and they can tailor the Mill House Deck to fit any size event. I was at an event there last year and absolutely loved it!

Reactions: Psu00 and TiogaLion

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Been in several and a good friend of mine won 2 gold medals rowing for the United States at the World Championships so he had his choice of which boathouse he would get a free lifetime membership. He chose Vesper. Most are very cool inside to see the history. I enjoyed my time in Vesper the most. Fun idea doing that for a reception.