Bob Huggins Arrested

Ludd

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
4,962
5,825
113
Gets another DUI last night. I would say they have to fire him, but it is WVU, so who knows.
 

psuro

Heisman
Aug 24, 2001
9,767
21,487
113
I guess they don't have Ubers in West By Gawd? Not even a cart and buggy?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bob78

Hardslider33

All-American
Nov 30, 2015
4,375
5,467
113
$100 dollars says the hoopies keeps him. They don’t care that he’s a terminal drunk or what he says. Anything goes in Morgantown
 

Nits1989

All-Conference
Oct 29, 2021
1,461
2,104
113
Agreed, I think it makes no difference for him. I’d be surprised if anything happens to his job.
 

GulfCoastLion

All-Conference
Dec 14, 2002
5,056
3,205
113
  • Like
Reactions: BobPSU92

Ludd

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
4,962
5,825
113
$100 dollars says the hoopies keeps him. They don’t care that he’s a terminal drunk or what he says. Anything goes in Morgantown
True…my daughter was convinced they would fire him after the last incident and I told her to just watch, they won’t do it. Now she’s even more convinced he will get canned and I continue to be skeptical.
 

Midnighter

Heisman
Jan 22, 2021
12,719
21,137
113
  • Haha
Reactions: GulfCoastLion

Woodpecker

All-American
May 29, 2001
4,020
9,016
113
 

LionsAndBears

All-Conference
Dec 7, 2009
2,410
4,319
113

"In a joint statement after Huggins' radio comments, president Gordon Gee and athletic director Wren Baker called the slurs "inexcusable" and said the comments "tarnished West Virginia University."

Gee better watch it or Huggins will fire him!
 
  • Like
Reactions: BobPSU92

psuro

Heisman
Aug 24, 2001
9,767
21,487
113
He will be back in a year after he has a chance to “address his demons and make himself a better man”. I am sure we all send our thoughts and prayers to Coach Huggy.

in a related story a WVU plane just filed a flight plan to University Park airport.
 

pamdlion

All-American
Nov 17, 2003
4,698
8,712
113
He will be back in a year after he has a chance to “address his demons and make himself a better man”. I am sure we all send our thoughts and prayers to Coach Huggy.

in a related story a WVU plane just filed a flight plan to University Park airport.
He’s 70 years old. He’s done.
 

pamdlion

All-American
Nov 17, 2003
4,698
8,712
113
Bad way to go. I never liked him, as he never stressed academics, but his having to live with his own personal failings being the reason he lost his career, that can’t be easy. Watching someone just lose themselves in alcohol is never pretty.
Had a lot of enablers along the way.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LionJim

psu31trap

All-Conference
Oct 29, 2021
1,348
1,276
113
Alcoholism is a disease that will ultimately destroy the individual and everything important to them. I know his coaching career is over, but if gets help he may be able to salvage his life.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Connorpozlee

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,561
22,739
113
Alcoholism is a disease that will ultimately destroy the individual and everything important to them. I know his coaching career is over, but if gets help he may be able to salvage his life.
Alcoholism is f’n horrible. I’ve seen it close up, ugly. When Hunter S. Thompson died, someone asked his son which of the drugs his father used was the most destructive. Without missing a beat, “Alcohol.”
 
Last edited:
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State’s first loss under Matt Campbell brings a test of its process
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State's Five Guys: Who is key in helping the Nittany Lions turn it around at Northwestern?
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting Georgia has Kemon Spell committed, Penn State, USC, Virginia Tech haven’t stopped calling
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State-Northwestern Predictions: Will the Lions bounce back?
  5. 05 BWI Football Top Penn State player takes of the week: Why Rocco Becht expects the Lions to be a 'different team' at Northwestern