Bob Wenzel

Knights 1212

All-American
Sep 9, 2003
27,562
8,520
113
I don't know why but I was not able to reply on the Pike button thread. It seems to have been stopped. When Bob Wenzel coached his very first game for RU it was Nov 25, 1988 and we defeated Rider 82-65. As soon as Bob came out of the locker room and got to the bench I handed him my son who was two years old and 4 months. Bob held him & I got an immediate picture just before the national anthem. It was a great moment. I also still have the poster that others made into Bobsicles.
 

FELONIOUSMONK

All-American
Apr 1, 2012
11,909
5,090
0
Wenz was my coach for a few years in high school . His coaching chops were evident when he was still in college. Love that guy. He doesn't age.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report WAR ROOM: Latest Recruit Scoop and Team News on Rutgers Athletics
  2. 02 The Knight Report Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
  3. 03 The Knight Report Rutgers Basketball talks Big Ten Media Days on BTN
  4. 04 The Knight Report Rutgers Baseball announces full 2027 schedule
  5. 05 On3 Football Tony Petitti commits to improved non-conference scheduling if College Football Playoff expands to 24 teams