Boise

PipelineEngr

All-Conference
Jan 5, 2005
1,298
2,335
113
My son is thinking about accepting an Electrical Engineering position with Hewlett-Packard in Boise.

Anyone here know much about HP in Boise, or Boise itself.

I have driven thru and was not impressed but wanted to see if others had opinions.
 

trapped_in_tx

Heisman
Jul 8, 2001
16,364
23,740
97
It’s a little far removed from everywhere else but most people I have talked to who live or visit have good things to say.

The college town feel is present to some extent and the downtown is pretty nice from what I hear.

Pretty dry climate and it can get pretty hot in the summer but I think that’s only July-August for the most part.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PipelineEngr

osutater

Heisman
Jan 28, 2007
13,141
10,640
93
Had an awesome drunken crazy time for the game this year. Amazing restaurants. We were there for 4 days. Football stadium is an embarrassing piece of ****. Hope this helps.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: wyomingosualum

The Duke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
18,564
59,431
103
I know a couple folks that have moved there in the past couple years simply b/c they love the quality of life. I've never heard a bad thing about the town to be honest. Good proximity to some beautiful areas as well if your son enjoys the outdoors.
 

EvilPOKES

Heisman
Apr 23, 2008
110,078
19,269
113
Absolutely awesome city. Spent a little time there doing some training and it was a sweet city for a young professional.

Worked with several people from there that all loved it too.

Beautiful part of the country. Large enough city so most amenities aren't too far away.
 
  • Like
Reactions: The Duke
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers Buford, Ga. 2028 ATH Jerious Norwood Jr.
  2. 02 On3 Football Mike Gundy set for one-weekend guest analyst role with HBO/TNT college football coverage
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers 6-foot-3 2028 Georgia S Edward Roberts
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Kickoff, TV set for Oklahoma State's trip to Houston
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Morris & Co. get busy recruiting in Oklahoma State's bye week