i remember when my grandfather was telling me about the Nebraska/Iowa border wars when he was a child....how the Iowans would throw dynamite across the river....and the Nebraskans would light it and throw it back.
Laughingi remember when my grandfather was telling me about the Nebraska/Iowa border wars when he was a child....how the Iowans would throw dynamite across the river....and the Nebraskans would light it and throw it back.
Do you think it would be easy to pitch a stick of dynamite across that river?
Read it again. Slowly.
No I get it, just wondering how easy it would be to get a stick of dynamite across.
Depends on the size of the river. The Rio Grande, sure!
No I get it, just wondering how easy it would be to get a stick of dynamite across.
There is something ironic about this post, on a Husker message board.Little bro thread is very little bro.
You're overthinking it, Sheldon.![]()
Well, when I was in Eagle Pass and later in Laredo this fall, there was no way in hell you could heave a stick of dynamite across the river. Let alone a baseball. Just too wide.
If you're familiar with the Missouri in the Omaha area then do you have a comparison in width?
We need to take Carter lake away from them.
Uncle Rico could do it!Do you think it would be easy to pitch a stick of dynamite across that river?
Uncle Rico could do it!
Good lord why? A smaller version of Counciltucky.We need to take Carter lake away from them.
No I get it, just wondering how easy it would be to get a stick of dynamite across.
It has a lake, demolish all the trailer homes, deport the illegal iowa pplz build up some awesome lakefront propertiesGood lord why? A smaller version of Counciltucky.
A little toooo Ironic. Dont ya think.There is something ironic about this post, on a Husker message board.
Barney, were you the guy that asked what an anvil was doing in the middle of the woods on the Jay Leno joke I shared? Winking
No but I probably would ask something like that..
Well, when I was in Eagle Pass and later in Laredo this fall, there was no way in hell you could heave a stick of dynamite across the river. Let alone a baseball. Just too wide.
I thought it was narrow in some parts, but looking at Google and what you said I think I’m just wrong. It’s pretty big. I may have had in mind some side channels or a different river altogether that immigrants cross frequently.
Ok, the San Juan River in Eastern CA—that is one you can definitely throw a stick of dynamite across. And the Upper Owens River. You can walk across that in under 5 steps at many points.
Rivals Football Recruiting
Nebraska's recruiting weekend: a 4-0 record, several Rivals300 prospects coming for Maryland game
Inside Nebraska Football
Nebraska OC Dana Holgorsen & DC Rob Aurich reflect on win over Michigan State, preview Maryland
Rivals Football Recruiting
Who’s locked in — and who isn't? Easton Royal flip buzz; LSU, TCU, Ohio State, Arizona State, SMU, Houston making runs at committed prospects
Inside Nebraska Football
Rhule: Colandrea sliding, sharp words for Nwaneri & Jones, plus an early eval on Huskers’ transfer class
Inside Nebraska Football
Here’s what Nebraska coach Matt Rhule said about Dylan Raiola performance in Oregon’s win over USC