BOT Attendance Story: CDT

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
So I was sitting at a restaurant in Athens, Greece with a view of the Acropolis this past Sunday night. Tremendous night, great weather, beautiful backdrop and the restaurant was rooftop, open air etc. Idyllic really. We were a party of 16 from my wife's company. The gentleman and his wife across from us introduce themselves and the man strikes up a conversation -- where ya from, did you go to PSU etc. once he finds out I'm originally from PA. I find out he's a FSU booster. We exchange football takes, discuss the current ACC legislation and he says 'we sent up Eric whatisname to you to be President at Penn State, I'm sorry' and laughs. I say 'I know what you mean. He's gone now, thankfully.' Right then, the phrase 'this is what we are up against flashed thru my head.

How do we routinely end up with morons for leaders at PSU?

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
I personally wouldn't hold anything against the ex officio or non-voting members even though they seem to be fairly well engaged. Life happens so I wouldn't expect perfect attendance from everybody. But Pegula (5 of 25) and Krieger (2 of 6) make me wonder why they wanted their positions in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharkies and bbrown

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
So I was sitting at a restaurant in Athens, Greece with a view of the Acropolis this past Sunday night. Tremendous night, great weather, beautiful backdrop and the restaurant was rooftop, open air etc. Idyllic really. We were a party of 16 from my wife's company. The gentleman and his wife across from us introduce themselves and the man strikes up a conversation -- where ya from, did you go to PSU etc. once he finds out I'm originally from PA. I find out he's a FSU booster. We exchange football takes, discuss the current ACC legislation and he says 'we sent up Eric whatisname to you to be President at Penn State, I'm sorry' and laughs. I say 'I know what you mean. He's gone now, thankfully.' Right then, the phrase 'this is what we are up against flashed thru my head.

Well, the first choice at the time was a grifter.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
I personally wouldn't hold anything against the ex officio or non-voting members even though they seem to be fairly well engaged. Life happens so I wouldn't expect perfect attendance from everybody. But Pegula (5 of 25) and Krieger (2 of 6) make me wonder why they wanted their positions in the first place.
I think Corbett only showed up once.

MacNit

Oct 12, 2021

Bring back Bryce Jordan!