Brandon Smith

Classof09

Oct 12, 2021
Anyone in PSU history more over hyped than this kid? Sure seems like a lot of swagger and confidence for a linebacker who can’t tackle, doesn’t get to the QB and seems out of place constantly. Lots of flash but short on results.

Phlebitis

Oct 25, 2021
Frustrating at times, but he’s pretty good. If he puts it all together he will be an NFL player. So to answer your question, yes quite a few.

Reactions: NittanyBuff

Creamery

Oct 25, 2021
I agree. Not like Parsons where he fills up the stat lines. Good for 1 or 2 big hits each game but doesn’t wrap up. Just doesn’t seem around the ball a lot. I thought he’d have more of an impact by now.

Classof09

Oct 12, 2021
13, 23 and 40 get half the press and are much better players than Smith. Smith is an athlete and will test off the charts for the combine but if you watch him, he’s not a football player.

Reactions: SoonerLion

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
Frustrating at times, but he’s pretty good. If he puts it all together he will be an NFL player. So to answer your question, yes quite a few.
he is very inconsistent. sometimes looks like an AA and another time a backup player. I have always thought that he is so hyped that it gets in his head. I do think we may see him make the NFL though.

Classof09

Oct 12, 2021
he is very inconsistent. sometimes looks like an AA and another time a backup player. I have always thought that he is so hyped that it gets in his head. I do think we may see him make the NFL though.
I hope he does make the NFL. So frustrating to watch him - it would be nice to have less splash plays and more consistent, solid play. Not asking for Poz, Lee or Micah. How about Cabinda, Josh Hull or Tim Shaw?

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021

yeah did you see him run down Smith-Njigba in I think the 3Q??? The dude is crazy athletic and is capable of lying the lumber, he just doesn’t seem to care to make the mundane, fundamentally sound plays that make a good LB GREAT. Always trying for a splash play.

WeAre

Oct 7, 2021
I have to say though that Curtis Jacobs is starting to really become a player for us. Also the move to DE for Luketta has made him a new man. Brooks is also playing lights out most games. I just think that the blow to the DL of losing Mustipher has really hurt. The young DTs started to step up this game but have been pushed around and winded some as well. I cannot believe our secondary contained Ohio St's WRs as well as they did. Really did a pretty good job there.