Bye, Frank

t-townpod

All-Conference
Nov 27, 2003
13,473
1,504
113
I wasn't given the exact figure, just told it's quite a bit higher than the rumored number that had been going around.
If that is true that I have lost total faith and respect in ourAD. This would have been the last year of his previous contract and certainly they were not stupid enough to extend with a large buy out last year.
 

Tulsafanzz

All-Conference
Apr 21, 2006
6,974
4,620
113
If that is true that I have lost total faith and respect in ourAD. This would have been the last year of his previous contract and certainly they were not stupid enough to extend with a large buy out last year.
Exactly! The buyout right now should be minimal. If it’s not, that’s a major mistake by Dickson or whoever agreed to it.
 

astonmartin708_rivals

All-American
Apr 17, 2012
19,251
6,810
73
Here is how I see it. If the boosters want haith gone and a new competitive coach. They will pony up the money.
If they don't make the change now they never will... and I will officially be done with the University of Tulsa men's basketball program for good. Haith and his agent demand a perma-deal renewed two years prior to his should-be exit for this exact reason. They excuse it on recruiting. Really it's just so he's more annoying to fire.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TULSARISING

aTUfan_rivals

Senior
Apr 18, 2011
9,327
879
0
most schools fire a coach after a couple of losimg seasons. We give them extentions.
 
Last edited:

mcane

All-Conference
Dec 3, 2003
8,500
2,735
112
The dwindling fan base is United in favor of a coaching change. If that doesn’t happen, the athletics department has no chance of fundraising for next year.

Hello D2 and we can implode Chapman.
 

I.I.

Heisman
Dec 4, 2003
21,251
16,424
113
The buyout and salary are the lowest it would ever be for Haith. Chris may want to let his contract run out but no school does that because it eliminates recruiting completely. Even now recruits know Haith is gone and it will take a commitment to a new coach with a 4 year contract to get recruits back. Unless Dickson and Carson are completely ignorant about how programs are currently rebuilt we will hear soon.
 

Chris Harmon

Heisman
Staff member
Aug 15, 2002
23,873
13,675
113
Chris may want to let his contract run out but no school does that because it eliminates recruiting completely.
I'm not sure if you're talking about me or someone else. I'm only relaying the information I've learned. The buyout is simply bigger than some of the guesses I've seen thrown around. I never said a change wasn't going to happen...I said TU is considering many factors in order to decide whether or not to make a change. You may have missed it, but this tweet from earlier tonight tells you what I think will happen...

 
  • Like
Reactions: TU Man and TUMU
Inside Tulsa Sports

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa Football searching for answers after second straight loss
  2. 02 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 6: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  3. 03 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa falls 45-44 to North Texas in overtime heartbreaker
  4. 04 Inside Tulsa Sports Football After Arkansas, Tulsa has to respond — just like it did in 1982
  5. 05 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa gets chance to bounce back against UNT in conference opener