Iknow there are a lot of opinions on Calhoun, but would it be advantageous for us to have him in O'Koren's current position? Senior Advisor, can't coach or come in contact with the students?
It would be nice, but, I read that Calhoun at 73 owns 2 houses in Connecticut. He will certainly mentor his protégé, but, coming to NJ to make a few bucks is a tough sell. I think his role will be to advise with asst. Coaches and help Pikiell understand what he needs to do to run a big time program.
I can see Calhoun helping Coach P where he can, but doubt he'd come here in any official capacity. Uconn is still his baby. He sits behind Ollie every home game, and it's fairly well known around these parts that he still plays an active role in running that program.
Calhoun isn't interested in a full time position that probably would require moving to NJ .I would be surprised if he took an actual position at RU but sounds like our new coach will be using him as a sounding board and for guidance.
The Knight Report Football
College Football 27 Sim - Rutgers Football versus Indiana Hoosiers
On3 Football
Senate passes Protect College Sports Act, sends bill to House
The Knight Report Football
Everything Curt Cignetti said ahead of the Indiana / Rutgers game
The Knight Report
Early Recruit Visitor list for Rutgers Football versus Indiana
On3 Football
College Football Hot Seat: USA Today identifies coaches facing mounting pressure