Can someone clarify Mike Leach and his..

Hector.sixpack

May 1, 2006
napkin? I've heard a little but from what I understand that's what he calls his offense from, not a sheet full of plays.

I googled but didn't find much.

rebelrouseri

Jan 24, 2007
like many others is actually fairly simple. They only have about five or six plays but run them from multiple formations, which allows the team to learn the system quickly and the oc to call the play right before the ball is snapped.

99jc

Jul 31, 2008
Leach made his way to the sideline and from his back pocket pulled a crumpled piece of paper with the notations for dozens of plays typed on it, along with a red pen. When a play doesn't work, he puts an X next to it. When a play works well, he draws a circle beside it - "to remind myself to run it again." But at the start of a game, he's unsure what's going to work. So one goal is to throw as many different things at a defense as he can, to see what it finds most disturbing. Another goal is to create as much confusion as possible for the defense while keeping things as simple as possible for the offense.

Link to the New York Times story: http://www.nytimes.com/20...mc=rss&pagewanted=all

Apr 17, 2008
About the Corps at Texas A&M:

"How come they get to pretend they are soldiers?" he asked. "The thing is, they aren't actually in the military. I ought to have Mike's Pirate School. The freshmen, all they get is the bandanna. When you're a senior, you get the sword and skull and crossbones. For homework, we'll work pirate maneuvers and stuff like that."

I would love for him to just be in the SEC so we could get more **** like this. Hilarious.

Latest posts