Congrats to Austin Schaffer.
Good for Austin, but I thought I had read he was going greco. Guess I should know I am old enough not to trust my memory![]()
Saw last night that Crutch is going to also be a volunteer asst at Stanford next year while training, which is a good thing in my mind.Nope, you're right. He moved to Ithaca NY to join the Cornell RTC and train for greco. Not sure why he wrestled freestyle here, maybe he was just looking for some competition?
Also saw that Kyle Crutchmer is going MMA and he is joining DC's club out in CA.
Good luck to them. Go Pokes.
Good for Kyle, he's really a terrific guy - tough, loyal, funny. Take a listen to this interview following the NCAA tournament. He praises his family, his teammates, coach Smith, and wrestlers in general.
A good article on Kyle starting his MMA career. As discussed previously, he will be training with DC out in CA and also assisting Jamill at Stanford. It will be interesting to watch his transition to fighting, I think he will be a bear once he has some experience.
And a nice quote from the article - “When you wrestle in the Cowboy program, you’re going to be family with all those guys forever – alumni, the guys that are wrestling currently and the guys that will wrestle in the future.”
Link:
http://www.stwnewspress.com/sports/...cle_15b41549-9f1f-5a41-8719-55d5f0894f04.html
O State Illustrated Basketball
OSU's Ahmed, Burks and Walker see unselfish culture taking shape
O State Illustrated Football Recruiting
Oklahoma State offers Pitt commit Jordan Young
Sports Predictions
2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4
O State Illustrated Football
Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
O State Illustrated Football
OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers