Central Michigan coach post game comments

Tri-Power65

Sep 3, 2022
"It is, and you know that's a hell of a defense. They have got some of the best players that money can buy. They are really good. You know our guys move the ball. We had a 12-play drive there in the second half, and then we got another drive. Then of course, suddenly the penalty markers come out. As soon as you get down ready to score, but that's what it is when you're on the road, and I guess I'll get fined for saying that. But that's the way it works."

What a f'n ***-clown.

I guess he believes his OL should be allowed to tackle and relentlessly hold our defenders...

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
"It is, and you know that's a hell of a defense. They have got some of the best players that money can buy. They are really good. You know our guys move the ball. We had a 12-play drive there in the second half, and then we got another drive. Then of course, suddenly the penalty markers come out. As soon as you get down ready to score, but that's what it is when you're on the road, and I guess I'll get fined for saying that. But that's the way it works."

What a f'n ***-clown.

I guess he believes his OL should be allowed to tackle and relentlessly hold our defenders...

Is the part highlighted in bold supposed to suggest that PSU cheats in recruiting or is that common coachspeak for “They’re really good”?

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021
Is the part highlighted in bold supposed to suggest that PSU cheats in recruiting or is that common coachspeak for “They’re really good”?
I was thinking the former, based on everything else he said. Or, he could have been referring in general to Power Five schools. Either way he still comes off as being a jerk.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Reading up on mcelwain, I see that he had a seizure in July. I hate to speculate, but maybe he isn’t all there. I know nothing about him, though. Has he always been outspoken?

Reactions: step.eng69

GreggK

May 25, 2022
psh, they were holding every single play. Just flipped through a few and their OL arms were draped all over our d-lineman.
F this guy

look at their right tackle here

And also the right tackle here

Small but definitely callable and on crucial plays for them.
Not to mention how many other times they were holding.

CvilleElksCoach

Oct 8, 2021

What a f'n ***-clown.

Weren't they MAC refs?

NewEra 2014

Oct 12, 2021
He coached at Florida he had his big time shot.

He also was an assistant at Michigan and Michigan St., somebody's bitter.
He was also the OC/QB coach at Bama and then became the head coach at Colorado State. He did very well at the CSU job, which is what landed him the Florida HC job. I don't think he recruited well enough while at FL, but the guy is a pretty good tactician.

Still, I'm not sure that taking shots at Penn State or the refs is good form.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021

What a f'n ***-clown.

Wow, thats accurate? If so what a a$$wipe.

• Wow

CvilleElksCoach

Oct 8, 2021
I was at game and didn’t see who was ref. Surprised they didn’t bring a Mac crew. I guess that would explained all the missed holding calls.

Reactions: bbrown

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
I was at game and didn’t see who was ref. Surprised they didn’t bring a Mac crew. I guess that would explained all the missed holding calls.

I felt like they let a lot go after we went up 14-0 early. The calls tightened between the 30s. It's not a big deal to me. Oue guys need to be used to fighting through adversity. You aren't getting those calls for Michigan on the 15th.

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
At least two of the holding calls I saw while sitting on my couch. I wasn’t worried about their gains on those plays because I knew almost any ref in football would have to call the holding.

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
Just watched the BTN in 60.... we had a couple of drive ending penalties as well. CMU coach is a crybaby....

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
We’ll, he did coach in the SEC so I assume he just thinks everyone has been paying players like the SEC.

• Haha

PSU73

Oct 12, 2021
"They have got some of the best players that money can buy."
Not to defend him but this could be a reference to $NIL.

• Haha

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
Coach speak should be "Money boat left the dock without PSU team players"

Top 10 NIL deals in 2022
  • 8) Quinn Ewers, QB, Texas.
  • 7) Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas.
  • 6) Will Anderson Jr., OLB, Alabama.
  • 5) Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State.
  • 4) Spencer Rattler, QB, South Carolina.
  • 3) Caleb Williams, QB, USC.
  • 2) C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State.
  • 1) Bryce Young, QB, Alabama.
More items...

Aug 18, 2022