Chafie Fields PSU FB most explosive player?

Blair10

All-Conference
Dec 30, 2002
2,047
4,345
113
No offense to Chafie Fields, he wouldn’t even make my top 6 list.

In no particular order, here are the most explosive PSU players I have seen since 1972:

Ki-Jana Carter
KJ Hamler
Saquon Barkley
OJ McDuffie
Blair Thomas
Michael Timpson

All these guys had tremendous speed.
 

Grant Green

All-American
Jan 21, 2004
3,978
5,496
113
No offense to Chafie Fields, he wouldn’t even make my top 6 list.

In no particular order, here the most explosive PSU players I have seen since 1972:

Ki-Jana Carter
KJ Hamler
Saquon Barkley
OJ McDuffie
Blair Thomas
Michael Timpson

All these guys were had tremendous speed.
Larry Johnson didn't have blazing speed (from memory), but I seemed to remember him having quite a number of explosive plays.
 

LionsAndBears

All-Conference
Dec 7, 2009
2,410
4,319
113
What's your definition of explosive?

If by explosive you mean able to make a big play at any moment regardless of position...

Ki-Jana Carter
Saquon Barkley
Lavar Arrington
James Boyd
Larry Johnson Jr
Paul Posluszny
Jahan Dotson
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Ironman2

Midnighter

Heisman
Jan 22, 2021
12,692
21,110
113
Best ask Bob.

Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
 

Connorpozlee

All-American
Aug 29, 2013
3,459
6,846
113
If you asked me to name explosive Penn State players, I’m not sure Chafie Fields would even enter my mind.
 

AvgUser

All-Conference
Jul 12, 2016
1,496
2,064
113
One only has to watch one particular play...
Fast forward to 5:45 of this video and watch Carter teleport himself past 4 Minnesota defenders.


you missed the TD run at the 2:50 mark. Equally impressive
 

PSU87

All-Conference
Jun 8, 2001
2,082
4,427
113
you missed the TD run at the 2:50 mark. Equally impressive
Oh, no doubt impressive.

Just in the run I mentioned, the burst from about the 45 yard line to about the 50 isn't just another gear. It stands out to me as one of the most incredible bursts I've ever seen.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LionJim

Ron1970

Redshirt
Nov 28, 2021
21
48
13
I was at that game! Amazing ending on a HUGE play!
So was I. It poured that day and my wet wife was not happy until that play. The stop on 4th down after Miami didn’t kick a field goal made that catch and run a winning play.
 

step.eng69

All-American
Nov 7, 2012
3,791
5,198
113
One only has to watch one particular play...
Fast forward to 5:45 of this video and watch Carter teleport himself past 4 Minnesota defenders.



One only has to watch one particular play...
Fast forward to 5:45 of this video and watch Carter teleport himself past 4 Minnesota defenders.


Thanks PSU87,
I always enjoy our past games, win or lose
 

razpsu

Heisman
Jan 13, 2004
14,553
14,845
113
Can someone please play video of Kenny Jackson against pitt in 1981?

Blair Thomas, curt warner

bobby engram. Take your pick. lol.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: bbrown

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,499
22,675
113
Oh, no doubt impressive.

Just in the run I mentioned, the burst from about the 45 yard line to about the 50 isn't just another gear. It stands out to me as one of the most incredible bursts I've ever seen.
The human highlight film.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PSU87

NittanyBuff

All-American
Jan 29, 2007
9,308
8,686
113
Chafie was a good one, in my time guys that come to mind making big plays, Guman, Cefalo, K. Jackson, Warner, Thomas, Carter, LJ etc..
 

Bison13

All-American
May 26, 2013
3,754
6,258
113
I always thought he was over-hyped by fans.
While I agree he was one of the most feared safeties ever. I can also agree that he was overhyped because he was not very good against the pass. He was basically, a big hitter, but was below average in coverage
 
  • Like
Reactions: Connorpozlee

Corner Room Breakfast

All-Conference
Oct 27, 2021
1,691
2,409
113
I define explosive as gone, not being caught , Kijana fits that definition.
Even some of our best RB's were caught from behind.
Runners up - Saquon, LJ, Cefalo.
 

bbrown

Heisman
Jul 26, 2001
15,091
30,539
113
No offense to Chafie Fields, he wouldn’t even make my top 6 list.

In no particular order, here are the most explosive PSU players I have seen since 1972:

Ki-Jana Carter
KJ Hamler
Saquon Barkley
OJ McDuffie
Blair Thomas
Michael Timpson

All these guys had tremendous speed.
It was, unfortunately, only 1 year but Journey Brown should be close to the top.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State faces its first loss. Now comes the response.
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State drops just outside the AP Top 25 following loss to Wisconsin
  3. 03 BWI Football Where is Penn State now ranked after Week 4 in the Coaches Poll?
  4. 04 BWI Football How did Penn State's players perform vs. Wisconsin (besides the obvious)? PFF Snap Counts & Grades
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State Sunday situation: How bad is it for the Lions? We break down the worry meter here